Wont let me race.

• Thread starter Vip
  • 34 comments

Vip

Hi guys,
In the Professional races > SuperCar Festival race I used the Cadillac CIEN to race whitch it let me, I then quit it and did some engine work and went back to race but it now will not let me compete in this race at all, it said Unmod cars only so I took off everything I did and went back and it still wont let me! anyone know what im doing wrong?

I'm having somewhat of a problem too with this championship. It says that I must win all beginner and professional events first before I can enter. The thing is, I placed first in every race. :dunce:

Vip
Hi guys,
In the Professional races > SuperCar Festival race I used the Cadillac CIEN to race whitch it let me, I then quit it and did some engine work and went back to race but it now will not let me compete in this race at all, it said Unmod cars only so I took off everything I did and went back and it still wont let me! anyone know what im doing wrong?

If you did a wieght reduction, roll cage or port and polish thats a mod and you cant take those off. Try change one of your tuned settings.

im going to double check to see if everthing is back to stock.

Get this im now useing the RUF Yellow somthing and I have all the mods on it and it lets that race....

Yeah, you can put whatever mod you want on in that race, as long as you don't use racing tires, which I'm guessing is what you did.

Vip
Hi guys,

You sure? You can't enter the Supecar Festival in the CIEN as it's a concept car. You can't use the Tommy Kaira ZZ-II either. Even though they both appear as opponents, which kinda sucks. You'll just have to use something else......may I suggest the Saleen S7 or Ford GT (NOT the prize one, the striped one....it won't let you enter in the solid colour prize version. Don't ask me why on that one....... :yuck: )

In this case "Unmodified" just means no race cars and no race tyres, you can do what ever you like to the engine!

BrooklynGT
I'm having somewhat of a problem too with this championship. It says that I must win all beginner and professional events first before I can enter. The thing is, I placed first in every race.

You thinking of the wrong series.....you have to win Beginner and Professional to enter the GT World Championships, not the Supercar Festival. If you're still having trouble, go back and check all the races...sometimes a bronze can look like a gold. Also, you have to have won all the Series not just the individual races, so it could be that.

Good luck.

Vip
...In the Professional races > SuperCar Festival race I used the Cadillac CIEN to race which it let me...

I just "got in" my Cien for the very first time to try this. It is 100% stock. All I get is the red blinking "Production cars only" line and the error message.

What version of the game do you have? NTSC or PAL?

PAL and PS2. Its true what route_66 said that you cant use it though, Ive just tryed so many cars to get into that race I must of just thought I tryed that one as well. Just a mistake :)

I did this series in a heavily modded Holden Commodore SS!

It says no mods, yet there I was in my family sedan, passing Ford GT's and Cadillac Cien's on the straights. Maybe B-Spec Bob slipped the guy at scruitineering a $20 or two... :)

I think there's some issues with this Supercar race eh...

It actually doesn't say no mods. It says "Production Car", and it has to be on sports or N tires. People always get confused about this one. When I first did it nothing led me to believe that I couldn't have any modifications, and I entered my fully-modded Viper SRT-10, if I remember correctly. Some of the easiest racing I've had, but oh well. I'll go back and do it in something a little more fair later :D

Vip
you beat them all in a SRT????

Sure he did. That's more than enough car to do it.

So is this:

For The Supercar Festival -

Use a 2000 Z06 Corvette. Max it out. Get all the best drivetrain, brake, engine, chassis, and lightweight options. Buy the "Increase Rigidity" option if the car is new, but if it isn't, get the Rigidity Refresher Plan first before you add the stiffener. Don't forget the oil change if its new.

You'll need 500 HP on some tracks, over 620 on others. More than that may be hard to drive on the Sport tires. Definitely go to GT Auto and put a wing on it, then go into Settings and max the downforce front and rear.

Get Sport Soft tires, which will just barely last through some of the races. Use Sport Medium if the Softs don't make it.

Use this chassis setup:

SR: 9.7/11.8
RH: 82/85
SB: 4/7
SR: 5/7
Cam: 2.8/1.5
Toe: -1/1
St.: 3/3
Brake Balance: 4/3
LSD: 10/30/5
ASM: 0/0
TCS: 6

To set up your transmission, many Gran Turismo players use the old GT3 Tranny Trick: Slide the Final adjuster full right to 5.00. Now slide the Autoset right to 25, then back left to 1 and leave it there. Your six-speed now has the closest-possible set of gears. Now go back and set the Final ratio for each track. You want to redline in sixth gear just before your braking point on the longest straight.

You can win every event in the series with this car, but be advised that if the VW Nardo and the Tommy Kaira ZZ are in the race on Midfield, you'll have to drive your butt completely off to beat them. It took me six tries to do it, but I had some of the best racing I've ever had.

Vip
Well I blew my cash on a Ford GT, know any good setups for it?
You should have went with the S7 or a SLR. For some reason, my GT4 glitched, and made my black SLR faster than my silver one, no mods or oil changes.

Wierd.. :dunce:

But, the S7 was also my choice for the 2nd time. Its a bit bulkier through turns, but it gets the job done. The GT is going to need some brake mods and some very good set-ups. The car sucks at braking.

JTSnooks
It actually doesn't say no mods. It says "Production Car", and it has to be on sports or N tires. People always get confused about this one. When I first did it nothing led me to believe that I couldn't have any modifications, and I entered my fully-modded Viper SRT-10, if I remember correctly. Some of the easiest racing I've had, but oh well. I'll go back and do it in something a little more fair later :D
Maybe we got different versions, mine is PAL and says this:

Game Mode: Single Race
Range of modifications: Unmodified cars only
Tyre Type: Normal or sports tyres are required
Power Limit: 368KW or over (the unit probably varies depending on what you've got selected)
Cars: All cars permitted

Nothing about Production Cars Only, and my fully modded SS Commodore was sweet. Can't remember about the tyres though, but other races have changed the tyre type to suit so I think this one would have as well.

Do you have an NTSC version. Maybe PD have made a half-hearted attempt to solve the problem between releases... :)

McLaren F1GTR
You should have went with the S7 or a SLR. For some reason, my GT4 glitched, and made my black SLR faster than my silver one, no mods or oil changes.

Wierd.. :dunce:

But, the S7 was also my choice for the 2nd time. Its a bit bulkier through turns, but it gets the job done. The GT is going to need some brake mods and some very good set-ups. The car sucks at braking.

The GT Brakes just as well as it's supposed to, and it can win this race easily stock. Just brake in a straight line and drive smooooooth. There's no need to thrash it, or spend all you money on mods, but if you must, get a brake balance controller and set it to 6/6.

I did the whole series with a fully moded 700hp+ YellowBird, but there was no way how to win the Infineon race with it... not even B-Bob could do it. I tried it so many times, but I kinda suck to fine tune cars (specially the YellowBird) so I went back and got myself a Saleen S7 to do the job. Did it on the first try.

BrooklynGT
I'm having somewhat of a problem too with this championship. It says that I must win all beginner and professional events first before I can enter. The thing is, I placed first in every race.

Did you win the professional championships (can't rememeber which are championship and which are isolated races) also or just won gold on those races individually?

You can't enter the Cien in the PAL version (which I have) because it comes with a permanent racing exhaust as standard.

NTSC: probably because it's a concept car.

blue_sharky39
You can't enter the Cien in the PAL version (which I have) because it comes with a permanent racing exhaust as standard.

NTSC: probably because it's a concept car.

can't enter with Cein (NTSC), because it's a non production car.

Ok guys, the Ford GT was a waste of time for useing it in the championship race but it was good in others. I now have enough cash for the Saleen S7 so im going to go for that, should I go full on mods or is it good enough as it is would you say?

If you have an Unmodified car then you buy a roll cage and fit it. Then you cant take the roll cage(increase rigity) out its then class as modified lol :P

I tried first with the Cien, and it wouldn't let me, so I bought an RGT, and I got minced by either the VW, or such. So I bought a Tommy Kaira, and it barred me from entering.

After all this spending I only had enough for a GT, so I got one, and it stormed every race on standard everything with an oil change. It's brakes are odd, as it should be limited by the tyres, not the brakes, but it absolutely explodes out of corners. I love it to bits, excellent engine.

Get a GT, and leave it with an oil change, brake early, and accel hard through the turn, you'll leave them for dead.

Kurtis.

Back