Won't lower PP by adding miles?

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by Burned_Rubber, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Burned_Rubber

Burned_Rubber

I've got a decent tune for the Tomahawk GTS-R at 750pp. I have been trying to "dumb it down" to 700pp by doing various races in A-Spec, B-Spec and even practicing lap after lap at Sierra. I've noticed that most cars start to shed PP after around 300 or so miles. I have over 1,100 on my GTS-R, but it holds fast at 750pp and hasn't dropped at all yet. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this a VGT bug?

2. DaBomm4

DaBomm4

Thorin Cain and Burned_Rubber like this.
  3. Burned_Rubber

Burned_Rubber

Thanks for the link. So if I buy another car and do an oil change, that should boost my pp by about 7. Once I drive the added pp off of it, will I be able to dip below the original pp level?

4. Otaliema

Otaliema

Yes it will drop below the factory PP IF you put a ton of miles on it. You have to burn up the engine.

Thorin Cain likes this.
  5. MarkR420

MarkR420

For reference my go to nascar has over 11000 miles and its only down 1 hp.

Thorin Cain, Otaliema and DaBomm4 like this.
  6. DaBomm4

DaBomm4

To start deteriorating the power more than the return to factory from the oil change boost, you will need to drive past 5,000km and probably closer to 10,000km to see the difference you are looking for.

Otaliema likes this.
  7. Otaliema

Otaliema

Have you rebuilt the engine or changed the oil during that 11k miles?

8. MarkR420

MarkR420

I have done both. That isn't the issue though. The tomahawk with full ballast and 50.5% power limiter still comes in at 730pp and 724hp. At 63% power its 760pp and 913hp. That's a difference of 189hp.So I would figure if he want to be at 700pp he would have to lose that 189hp. That's 26% difference. Even with losing the extra hp it might not have that much of a change on the pp.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    Otaliema likes this.
  9. Otaliema

Otaliema

True enough. The max power loss is about 15% so would put it about 705 I'm guessing