Woodwiss' Race Garage - Latest Car: '95 BTCC Astra VXR

• Thread starter nitro_2005
  • 35 comments
I don't think you can link directly to the site like that, you probably have to rehost on imageshack or one of those.

I wanna see the car tho, not that I can afford to buy one atm tho. :(

Hmm it's a shame the stripes don't line up but I guess thats because of the Focuses bumper design. I tried to do the same design on the MKIII DoLuck supra but I gave up because i'm not very good at these things at all.

Looks nice. Only improvement I can see is fixing the sponsors on the side skirts. They would look better if they were all the same height.

Looks nice. Only improvement I can see is fixing the sponsors on the side skirts. They would look better if they were all the same height.
thanks. i did try to line them up, but the bodykit flares off at where the Bosch logo is.

I'm gonna put the 2 other ST's on the AH, but this time, starting bid will be 15k, buyout 20k.

It looks good. The red could perhaps be a bit brighter, my memories of the Eggenberger RS500's were that the red/orange was almost luminous.

just sold both the ST's for 15,300cr each. which is about a 7k profit, cos i started in NA, so i've got a 45% discount, and the ST now only costs about 8k.

yeh i was with you and Integre Type R. The one I used is my own personal Texaco Focus which i've coverted to RWD and given a race turbo. Sweet as!

Ford Focus ST - Peter Brock 1990 (Mobil)

Pics

Information/Description:

When Peter Brock fell out with Holden after he decided he was going to make his own line of Commodores against the company's will, he went to BMW in 1988, but his season didn't work out. So, he succumbed to the inevitable and joined the Ford brigade. He ran Sierras for two years, 1989 and 1990, and won only a couple of races between the two. The livery on the car is that from the 1990 Bathurst 1000, where Brock found trouble in the pits early in the race due to a locking right rear centre locking wheel nut, as he had in '89. Eventually, Holden forgave Brock, and in 1991, he was back behind the wheel of a Commodore once again.

Original/Inspiration

BrockSierra.jpg

BMW M3 E36 - Benson & Hedges Racing

Pics

Information/Description:

This design is from the BMW M3 E30s that Tony Gardner ran in the Australian Touring Car Championship in 1991 and 1992. This was when he switched from running the Sierras to something European. Drivers included Tony Longhurst and 1980 F1 champ Alan Jones. The team did suffer a tragic loss, when Denny Hulme, 1967 F1 World Champion, suffered a heart attack while competing in the 1992 Bathurst 1000 on Conrod Straight. He managed to bring the car to a halt at the side of the track, but unfortunately died later.

Original/Inspiration:

Croft%20BMWCC%2021_07_03%20B+H%207.jpg

Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) - Gibson Motorsport 1991 Bathurst Winner

Pics

Information/Description

After debuting the mighty GT-R in the Australian Touring Car Championship midway through 1990, and going on to win the title with Jim Richards, Fred Gibson set his sights on 1991 and Bathurst, and this time took 2 cars to the Mountain instead of the 1 in 1990. It paid off, with Richards and Mark Skaife winning the Tooheys 1000 in style, adding to the ATCC title Nissan had won earlier in the year. This GT-R is a replica of that winning car. There was a 3rd GT-R in attendance, the GIO GT-R of Mark Gibbs and Rohan Onslow.

Original/Inspiration:

91gtr.jpg

That's a pretty simple paint job for a race car (the GTR). Looks nice and clean, but maybe with 1" smaller wheels. It may just be those pictures but it looks like it sits sort of high.

Edit: And like I said in the other thread, I'll take a copy of that Mobil Focus with just the aero and wheels.

Whatever you think its worth to you. I don't want to be cheap about this stuff since I'm probably going to charge fairly high for my Mini.

Give me about a week though, the 360 is only getting to the repair location tomorrow. :(

Whatever you think its worth to you. I don't want to be cheap about this stuff since I'm probably going to charge fairly high for my Mini.

Give me about a week though, the 360 is only getting to the repair location tomorrow. :(
ok, cool. does 75k sounds ok, or is that too much. I can come down to 50k if you want. Or maybe somewhere in between.

Nitro_2005 what's the price? When will it be up i'll be on in about 2 hrs(im on lap 4 of the nurb "enduro" and am about to have tea before i finish).

Vauxhall Astra VXR - '95 Vauxhall BTCC Livery

Pics:

Information/Description:

In 1995, John Cleland fought hard against his rivals for the BTCC title, but eventually he came out on top when he secured the title at Oulton Park. This car is somewhat of a tribute to him and his achievement. Note that it says Vauxhall Astra on the rear bumper instead of Vauxhall Cavalier. :D

Original/Inspiration:

2005042730baf76f.jpg

Back