World Classic Car Series

• Thread starter wc420pro
  • 88 comments
I treally struggled at the start. I tried the G4, E-Type, Stingray and just could not get close on Tsukuba.
So i allmost gave up, but thought i'd give the '69 Z28 Camaro a go (non RM Tuned it to 481PP, as high as i could get it. I upgraded the transmission and drivetrain but no LSD.

And boy does it drive allot better then any of those other cars. So much more grip in the rear. And if it goes it's very easy to hold.

So for those who struggle, get the '69 Camarro Z28 :)

Trial Mountain, 2000gt '67 at 345pp 108bhp 991kg . 2.166.440cr, 211.560xp. With Elan starting 1st. Does about a 3:35, my time 3:33.xxx.

Trial Mountain, 2000gt '67 at 345pp 108bhp 991kg . 2.166.440cr, 211.560xp. With Elan starting 1st. Does about a 3:35, my time 3:33.xxx.

Good one Noway, I bought another 2000GT today and dropped the PP to 344 and and had a quick race. Surprised myself when I nearly managed to win on the 1st go as all I really wanted to do was make a few bucks with the PP a bit higher as I am far too low.

Anyway will try with the Elan on pole later and see how it goes, thanks for the update.

Edit......Later, 2nd start was with the Silvia on pole so I went with that with the new car (2000GT) and a quick tune.

Trial Mountain $2,208,712 ..xp215688 341PP ..119hp ..1184kg. Don't remember my time but was .9 sec in front at the line.

Edit.. On a roll here...339PP ..117hp ..1213kg .. $2,240,416 ..xp218783
total time 5:35.290 ..win by 2.618 sec's ..BL 1:49.2.

Last edited:
Good job Dalone, didnt see your post till now, was workingon 340pp anyway...got it. Elan 1st again on grid. 5:35.2xx, won by .019 sec ! 103bhp, 993kg... 2.219.280cr 216.719xp

Last edited:
Good job Dalone, didnt see your post till now, was workingon 340pp anyway...got it. Elan 1st again on grid. 3:35.2xx, won by .019 sec ! 103bhp, 993kg... 2.219.280cr 216.719xp

339PP was enough for me tonight, fully expect to see a reduction in PP from you when I check tomorrow.
Good luck, catch ya later.

339PP was enough for me tonight, fully expect to see a reduction in PP from you when I check tomorrow.
Good luck, catch ya later.

GReat ! :cheers:

338 pp 5:36.123 117coupe 2nd 2.240.416cr, 218.783xp . 101bhp 989kg

335pp 5:37.664 fairlady 2nd from 4th , 98bhp, 988kg...2.272.120cr 221.880xp.
Have to do really good 1st 2laps to catch the slow 1st car before fast ones pass it

333pp 5:34.645, Mazda 110s(L10A) '67, 98bhp 900kg, 2.282.687cr 222.911xp. Very good handling with Praiano's tune...https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5284984#post5284984

2j also showed up for me,,,bought my 7th...couldnt find my 1st 1 for a year...

Last edited:
Well first post here.

ANd though i allways read never have posted..

Well this SE got me nutty.. I"m using the supposed reawrd car the G4.. which the AI controls flawlessly and have nitrous in it..

All i've managed s to get 2nd place in the first 2 races but in the other the AI's G4 is no where in the race but when i go back ot the first 2.. there it is again..

Considering to buy either the camaro or corvette i've seen here.. even de-tuning the cobra i got 2 and an A/c with super dirty oil in it..[never used it]

And i've even done the go out to main screen and go back in trick.. maybe the game got it in for me.. cause i've been playing constant Bspec trying to levl it up to get the elusive gt-one.. eh who knows..

I'll take any advice :D

Well first post here.

Well this SE got me nutty.. I"m using the supposed reawrd car the G4.. which the AI controls flawlessly and have nitrous in it..

All i've managed s to get 2nd place in the first 2 races but in the other the AI's G4 is no where in the race but when i go back ot the first 2.. there it is again..

Considering to buy either the camaro or corvette i've seen here.. even de-tuning the cobra i got 2 and an A/c with super dirty oil in it..[never used it]

And i've even done the go out to main screen and go back in trick.. maybe the game got it in for me.. cause i've been playing constant Bspec trying to levl it up to get the elusive gt-one.. eh who knows..

I think you've just been unlucky. The grids with the G4 on pole are the most common but if you keep re-entering the race you'll get an easier one eventually. The Elan S2 up front seems to be the best bet.
Also, despite the incredible pace the AI can get out of it, the G4 is not the best choice. I've only had a quick try in it with no tuning but it wasn't very impressive, especially as you need to lap 2 or 3 seconds quicker than the leading AI through traffic. You'll do much better in a Corvette or Camaro.

I think you've just been unlucky. The grids with the G4 on pole are the most common but if you keep re-entering the race you'll get an easier one eventually. The Elan S2 up front seems to be the best bet.
Also, despite the incredible pace the AI can get out of it, the G4 is not the best choice. I've only had a quick try in it with no tuning but it wasn't very impressive, especially as you need to lap 2 or 3 seconds quicker than the leading AI through traffic. You'll do much better in a Corvette or Camaro.

I'll be trying that as soon as i get home, i'm sure i'll beat it using either of those cars :D

Thank You

in my experience get a G4 (or any other car) and make your tune based on a proper balance using ballast before you do anything else... adding weight is not a bad thing!!! sometimes you have to use some crazy setups to win these races. Also take advantage of the G4's tight turning radius nothing else can match it. And if you have a 2D, mark IV, etc... detune it and be aggressive on those corners!!!

Great advice here! ...ballast is a key ingredient 👍

...another tip along w/ this, take it to practice mode .. Find balance with sport tires. This will give a chance to feel the car out with out fighting the comfort tires... Then switch to the comfort and use ballast to smooth out the edges to get the balance needed to get through the apex and most important good drive off. You may need to go up a 1/2 or whole on the spring rate or up 1 or 2 values with the anti roll to handle the added ballast (as I have .. Not always and it works like a charm).

...go out and back into practice mode (or however) to reset the ghost so u have a fresh ghost after adding comfort tires and ballast .. Move the ballast around till u find what's best .. And judge your changes off the ghost for progress.

...of course you won't be able to drive in as hard after adding the comfort so you'll have to be carful of that lol

Just some thoughts of what has worked for me .. Hope this helps someone 👍

GReat ! :cheers:

338 pp 3:36.123 117coupe 2nd 2.240.416cr, 218.783xp . 101bhp 989kg

335pp 3:37.664 fairlady 2nd from 4th , 98bhp, 988kg...2.272.120cr 221.880xp.
Have to do really good 1st 2laps to catch the slow 1st car before fast ones pass it

333pp 3:34.645, Mazda 110s(L10A) '67, 98bhp 900kg, 2.282.687cr 222.911xp. Very good handling with Praiano's tune...https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5284984#post5284984

2j also showed up for me,,,bought my 7th...couldnt find my 1st 1 for a year...

Wow, as usual you're on the ball here, 333PP.

I was going to advise that I made a mistake last night and my PP was actually 338, not 339PP, but I won't bother now. Oh!

I note however your times are all in the 3 minute 30 sec bracket, now unless you are using your aforementioned 2J at full power I seriously doubt you would be doing it 2 whole minutes quicker than myself, ha ha.
Pretty sure you meant 5 minute 30 sec's etc.

I note however your times are all in the 3 minute 30 sec bracket, now unless you are using your aforementioned 2J at full power I seriously doubt you would be doing it 2 whole minutes quicker than myself, ha ha.
Pretty sure you meant 5 minute 30 sec's etc.[/QUOTE

Thanks...corrected, actually wrote 5:3x.xxx once but I corrected it!

I tried the Mazda with Praiano's tune but it didn't work for me. I started with his tune on my Toyota 2000GT also, and like it, changed just about everything (he was tuned for high hp) and with the front in the air I thought it may have been an earlier tune when high front ends were the go.
In any case got it somewhat to my liking and started with the Elan on pole and managed 2nd place at 332PP by .1 sec.
The cars in that race are nearly identical to how the cars race with the Nissan on pole.

Will give it a try after.

1200 '66 Beetle will win all tracks sans G4. Haven't done one of these for a while 'cause I find the AI disappointing; it feels not so much like a race as an overtaking frenzy. Once in first place you can drive like Grandma down to the shops; how is that a race? With the Beetle however, getting into first place when the G4 is a starter is a whole nuzza question.

Well first post here.

If you're low on talent like me try the 330 Ferrari, though you have to be careful not to be drifting all the way. I first used the 69 Camaro RM that rabbit G4 kept going (was 2nd 3.5 sec behind). I reckon tweeking the tune might do it, though l was too lazy and figured let me smoke it with the 330 or Muira to see the gap before trying (maybe tonight) again with the camaro.

1200 '66 Beetle will win all tracks sans G4. Haven't done one of these for a while 'cause I find the AI disappointing; it feels not so much like a race as an overtaking frenzy. Once in first place you can drive like Grandma down to the shops; how is that a race? With the Beetle however, getting into first place when the G4 is a starter is a whole nuzza question.

Yes I know what you mean. The artificial moves the AI slower drivers make seem designed to delay rather than legitimate racing moves. We know the AI has faults, the number of AI barrier interfaces at Cote d'Azur illustrates this in spades. However my best BOBs drive well enough when pushed to get on with overtaking and the Rabbit cars in the Seasonals are nearly fast enough. So the coding in the game appears to allow AI drivers to drive fairly well. If only all AI drivers were consistent in the Seasonals there would be no need for rabbits.

Well i tried the seasonal witht he corvetee, .. put 200 of ballast to have a 51 rear and 49 front.. the car easily outpowers anything except the dang g4... but wow was it drifty..

I was taking every corner drifting, though not complaining enitrely..

Did the get out and go back in trick and this time the g4 wasn't anywhere near the first 2 races.. 3 race out it comes..

Also was checking the prize car [Guilia TZ2 ] i already had it.. i tried racing it.. same thing lot of ballast or without.. eh.. the car is i dunno needs a decent tune to race..

Silver for the first & last race, gold the other three with the E-Type Jag, cleaned up the other two with the Shelby GT350R 👍

Well i tried the seasonal witht he corvetee, .. put 200 of ballast to have a 51 rear and 49 front.. the car easily outpowers anything except the dang g4... but wow was it drifty..

I was taking every corner drifting, though not complaining enitrely..

Did the get out and go back in trick and this time the g4 wasn't anywhere near the first 2 races.. 3 race out it comes..

Also was checking the prize car [Guilia TZ2 ] i already had it.. i tried racing it.. same thing lot of ballast or without.. eh.. the car is i dunno needs a decent tune to race..

Following is a post of mine from the 1st page.

The morrow; Tried the prize car, the Giulia TZ2, but couldn't catch the G4 Ginetta rabbit which is the length of the straight away from the rest of the pack at Tsukuba.
So added mid range turbo, lowered it a bit, bit of -toe in front, added about 30kg weight and played with the LSD and had another go. This time the Nissan Silvia was on pole and I won by 20 secs.
So started again with the G4 on pole to see the difference and won by just 4.8 secs.
Clearly the car on pole position has a bearing on your chances in an ordinary car.

I beat the G4 with a Beetle at TM - took the Ginetta under braking at the end of the straight on lap 3 and had a comfortable win. My Beetle is around 495pp and 208HP.

The only other race I tried was Rome, but no G4 and easy win.

Following is a post of mine from the 1st page.

The morrow; Tried the prize car, the Giulia TZ2, but couldn't catch the G4 Ginetta rabbit which is the length of the straight away from the rest of the pack at Tsukuba.
So added mid range turbo, lowered it a bit, bit of -toe in front, added about 30kg weight and played with the LSD and had another go. This time the Nissan Silvia was on pole and I won by 20 secs.
So started again with the G4 on pole to see the difference and won by just 4.8 secs.
Clearly the car on pole position has a bearing on your chances in an ordinary car.

Yes Dalone, tried it with mrt, easy win(if players want to beat the g4), nice drive. ty
2D vs g4 ...won by about 30 sec.

Last edited:
I'm posting my tune for the 300 SL.
It is a joy to drive at all circuits and I'd like to share it with anyone out there looking for a fun car for this challenge.
I wins easily around 460 PP (can probably win with much lower).

Mercedes 300 SL COUPE '54 (P)

Weight reduction 3, window weight reduction, rigidity improvement.

Engine 3, ECU, sport cat, sport exhaust.

FC trans, twin clutch, semi flywheel, FC LSD, prop shaft, FC suspension.

148 kg ballast @ pos 50 (53/47)
Power @ ~95%

Transmission: Reset to default, final to 4.500, top speed to 180, set gears:

1. 3.294
2. 2.480
3. 1.975
4. 1.605
5. 1.329

La sarthe - final 2.500.
Other tracks - final 3.000.

Suspension:

F------------R
(-10)-------(-15)
8.0-----------7.2
3--------------3
3--------------3
3--------------4

2.2---------1.8
0.02------(-0.03)

LSD:

BB:
4-2

Last edited:
Used the Giulia TZ2 stock and no tuning. In all but the last event it was a matter of timing the passes and winning by a second or two (with the G4 on pole). The last event the G4 was not in the line up and it was an easy win.

Done with Trial mtn. at 332pp 110s at 100bhp, 948kg. 2.293.256cr, 223.944 xp. won by 2sec cosmo 2nd...helped that I pushed him into at wall :-) . 5:35.237

I won this seasonal with a wonderful Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM 69 tuned by Praiano.

No problems at 500pp also against Ginetta. 10 millions saved to have the Giulia TZ2.

bye

Back