World Classic Car Series

• Thread starter wc420pro
  • 88 comments
I was using detuned chaparral 2d. Yes, I know way to strong for competition, but it was hell of a fun driving it :-)

Hi guys first post here.

I'm getting absolutely no where with this event. :crazy:

I've been trying all day to get gold on Tsukuba, and the best I could do was second place, nearly 30 seconds behind the car in front!

The last car I tried was the Jaguar E-type as some have recommended in this thread.
Tuned to about 497 pp it was just uncontrollable and had no pace with the ai.

Can someone recommend me a good tune for the transmission etc?
I'm really trying to understand all the tuning tips from this site but am finding it difficult to get my head around :ouch:

Great community here btw 👍

Won all five with the Alfa Romeo Guilta Carrazotto completely stock, but it took me two goes to win three of the races, really need to avoid the Ginetta G4..

I've been having a go in the little Alfa, no aids, and stock except for adjusting the aero and top speed, and have done them all except La Sarthe. Tskuba was tougher then I expected, the others were ok (I even beat the G4 at Trial Mountain) but I just can't get enough top speed for La Sarthe. Could add a turbo but that just doesn't seem right. To win the prize I used a Corvette '63 Race Car for La Sarthe, which handled like a pig with minimum aero, 200kg ballast and comfort tyres but ate them up on the straights. A hollow victory though and now I know it can be done in the Alfa I'm going to keep trying.

Hi guys first post here.

I'm getting absolutely no where with this event. :crazy:

I've been trying all day to get gold on Tsukuba, and the best I could do was second place, nearly 30 seconds behind the car in front!

[....]

Great community here btw 👍

Maybe it's an idea to check if your direct competion for first place - i.e. the G4 - is already in first when starting the race. (It seems to be if I understand you correctly). If it is - immediately leave the event and go back to the main menu. Reload the seasonal event and try again. Start - and see if it is still in first place. If so - keep going back to the main menu. Retry the event only when the G4 is not in first place. It might help...the G4 seems unreasonably fast in this SE...

The '69 Corvettes ( either Std Hardtop or Prem Convert) do well at Trial Mtn and Le Sarthe, mainly need a transmission for 174 mph, catches the G4 just after the Mulsanne corner. I think I can get Kart track, only missed by 1.5 secs. Rome and Tsukaba seems like I ran pretty clean but waaay behind, need a more agile car.

The AC Cobra detuned and ballasted beat the G4 at Rome but Tsukuba need to run 1:06.6 to best the rabbit. The AC needs a long time to brake to stop 1300 kg, best I could do was 1:07s so until the Élan was on pole I old only get silver. Tried Praiano tune but the brake setup is not right, @byegad your 10/4 worked a charm and the AC now is almost a cruiser, got into the 1:04s.

LapTimes to beat G4 Rabbit:

Tsukaba - 1:06.6
Rome - 1:25.9
Trial Mtn - 1:48.3
Sarthe - 5:03
Eifel Kart - 1:30.8

Last edited:
Maybe it's an idea to check if your direct competion for first place - i.e. the G4 - is already in first when starting the race. (It seems to be if I understand you correctly). If it is - immediately leave the event and go back to the main menu. Reload the seasonal event and try again. Start - and see if it is still in first place. If so - keep going back to the main menu. Retry the event only when the G4 is not in first place. It might help...the G4 seems unreasonably fast in this SE...

Yes it did help thanks.

I just got gold in the first event. Finally!

I used the Chevrolet Cam Z28 69 from the dealership and applied a RM tune I found by Apex over on the tuning section.

Took out the super charger and brang the power level down to 84.9 to get it down to 500pp.

The car handled great even with the comfort softs.

Overkill? maybe, but it was a fantastic race only gaining 1st on the last lap.

Last edited:
Yes it did help thanks.

I just got gold in the first event. Finally!

I used the Chevrolet Cam Z28 69 from the dealership and applied a RM tune I found by Apex over on the tuning section.

Took out the super charger and brang the power level down to 84.9 to get it down to 500pp.

The car handled great even with the comfort softs.

Overkill? maybe, but it was a fantastic race only gaining 1st on the last lap.

Many racers here use this car in certain events, there was one at Cape Ring a while ago where this car excelled.

But as I said in post #28;
Trial Mountain in the Camaro Z28 RM @ minimum PP 402, 156hp (50% power), max weight 1285kg, 200kg ballast.
Win $1,564,064 xp152736.

It's a very honest car to drive, no surprises. 'And handles great'.
I would have gone with a lower PP setting but 402PP is as low as I could get it, that was why I switched to the 69 'vette as it went lower.

69 Corvette Convertible (C30) @ Trial Mountain.

384PP ..164hp ..1586 (max) weight.

$1,754,286 ..xp171312

Sorry about double post but my previous one didn't show first up.

Edit....Same car @ 378PP ..156hp ..1586kg ..$1,817,696 ,,xp 177505.

Last edited:
Ah just seen your post now. Must of missed it on my first read through.

Will give that setup you recommended a go. Seems like a great way to earn a lot of cash fast. (Which I could do with) :)

Finished all the events now. Very enjoyable seasonal and loved driving that car.

Hey Dalone, Definately some low PP with the Corvette 69 . got 374pp(as low as it would go) 1.859.968 cr at 181.630 cr. Camaro more fun though.

I see I have another corvette 69 that can hit 370pp, strange that all 3 of them have no miles on them...

Hey Dalone, Definately some low PP with the Corvette 69 . got 374pp(as low as it would go) 1.859.968 cr at 181.630 cr. Camaro more fun though.

I see I have another corvette 69 that can hit 370pp, strange that all 3 of them have no miles on them...

Way to go Noway, been wondering where you were.

Not sure I have gone as low as I can with this car yet, watching Aussie Rules Football at the moment though.
I am not cutting corners on this one but will likely have to do so now that you have entered the contest.

Edit...Put the footy on the other TV and fired up PS3, lowered the PP as much as it would go in the Convertible C3 which was 374PP ..149hp and won $1,859,968 ..xp 181632.

Found that I had 1st stage chassis weight reduction which explains why I can't do a lower PP.

Last edited:
Won these events rather easily except for that damn Kart track ! Hate that track ! LOL Car used: Shelby Cobra

Dalone give the Toyota 2000gt 67 a try. 360pp 2.007.920 cr, 196.080 xp . quick tune, was easy. Great top speed.
350 pp 2.113.600, cr, 206.400 xp. still more in it.

Last edited:
always nice to break out my alfa tz2 and all my other classic cars!!!! this is without a doubt one of the funnest seasonals in a while... the tz2 is PERFECT for 500pp races, won 1st try on all tracks... And best of all, IT"S PAINTABLE!!!

Is it me or is this complete and utter garbage?

Bought a G4, got it up to 480 odd points and cant get anywhere near the front in any race, despite being able to win on every single challenge I have ever done in this game ever.

tried a Giulia, an Etype, a Fairlady, and now the G4 and am getting trounced by a naff Silvia who I can't take any more than a second a lap out of no matter what I do at Rome.

Its absolute garbage this one I am afraid, how on earth you guys are able to win in such God awful cars I don't know.

The pathetic programmer jerk off rubbish this game continues to throw at its players is really starting to get a little dull sadly.

chunder27

Bought a G4, got it up to 480 odd points and cant get anywhere near the front in any race, despite being able to win on every single challenge I have ever done in this game ever.

tried a Giulia, an Etype, a Fairlady, and now the G4 and am getting trounced by a naff Silvia who I can't take any more than a second a lap out of no matter what I do at Rome.

Its absolute garbage this one I am afraid, how on earth you guys are able to win in such God awful cars I don't know.

The pathetic programmer jerk off rubbish this game continues to throw at its players is really starting to get a little dull sadly.

If you are really struggling used a tuned down Miura or XJ13

Its you. Take a look through the thread and do as others have suggested and watch Oink's video.. I done it in a tuned down Camaro '69, as well as a few other cars. These are not that hard at all, actually quite easy as far as I'm concerned.

Oink's video from an earlier post. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8814671#post8814671

Dalone give the Toyota 2000gt 67 a try. 360pp 2.007.920 cr, 196.080 xp . quick tune, was easy. Great top speed.
That is the car I used, fun to drive and such a nice looking car. I can't remember what PP I used, but the payout was around 1.5 m. The toughest race is Tsukuba with the G4 leading, can not run too low of PP to beat that car on that track.

If you buy a more powerful car and then tune it to 500PP, like the '69 Camaro Z28 or the Corvette Stingray etc, and then don't start the race if the G4 is on pole, you will kill the opposition. I think I was about 30 sec's in the lead at the finish line using the Camaro Z28 RM at 500PP in one race.
And at full power it doesn't really matter which car is on pole either. But you'll find it's always an easier win if the Silvia is on pole.
Regarding using the G4, in theory if your car and the lead car are tuned the same there should be little chance of winning as it starts so far in front, of course it has to follow a predetermined line etc which you don't, but I don't know what the tune on the G4 rabbit is.
Anyway, good luck and let us know how you go with a different car.
PS, I can loan my Camaro Z28 RM (Pretty sure it can be done) if you send a friend request. Cheers.

The Camaro Z28 RM is available from the online Collector dealership (OCD). Get an oil change, reduce HP to reach 500 PP (around 70%), didn't touch anything else. On driver options, make sure ASM and TCS are off. Was able to beat the G4 on 2 or 3 of the 5 tracks but not at Tsukuba.

I'm not that good at this game, so if I've done it you can do it too.

Yves

in my experience get a G4 (or any other car) and make your tune based on a proper balance using ballast before you do anything else... adding weight is not a bad thing!!! sometimes you have to use some crazy setups to win these races. Also take advantage of the G4's tight turning radius nothing else can match it. And if you have a 2D, mark IV, etc... detune it and be aggressive on those corners!!!

Bought one of these yesterday as it seemed it might be a contender, found today I already had one, no matter, can never have too many cars.
So put the usual non PP stuff on it, was tempted to do 1st stage weight reduction 70kg for 4PP, but didn't.
Anyway have just done 358PP (149hp) 1310kg, at Trial 'M for $2,029,056 ..xp 198144 and can see some more room, as you have shown.

Edit...349PP ..$2,124,168 ..xp267432 ..136hp...1310kg @ Trial M'.

And that's it from me for a while. Except to say that I have put my Camaro Z28 RM '69, Toyota 2000GT 67 and a new 2J I just picked up on SHARE if anyone wants to give one a go.

Last edited:
Tsukuba is easy with a Cobra, power down to 83% or so gets 500pp no weight and race gearbox set to approx 135mph top speed. The trick is to keep pace with the field in the corners and nail them on the straights.

Lol GT40 20 million version tuned down to 250hp, max weight

Can win everywhere

Is this really what you want people to have to do to win this Polyphony?

All it shows to me is flawed game design I am afraid

Can win everywhere

You don't have to go to that extreme at all. It can be won easily in other cars at matched PP and even in cars at lower PP. No, the Seasonals are not perfect, but I would hardly say they are flawed. Sounds like you are just having a hard time with them due to your skill level, which is not PD's fault at all and does not make them flawed. :)

I was able to completely destroy all the events with a Miura with ballast weight maxed and power detuned to get ~430PP IIRC. The car I started with was the prize car, (zagato alfa) which I already had in my garage. I love that car, sounds good and has a sweet big tach. I was able to win with that car too, but it was definitely not as easy as the Miura.

Can win everywhere

Ha ha, now win them with another 100 plus hp off, in your choice of car, then you may actually enjoy your time in front of the TV.

Many things in life become mundane when there is no challenge attached. If I like a Seasonal I often race through it at max PP just to win them all and claim the prize, then, and usually only then, the fun starts as I see how low I can go (PP) and still win.

Just a thought.

PS, I expect every day there are new players taking up GT5 and starting at beginner level, as we all did in the past. These Seasonals cater for every skill level, taste in cars, tracks etc etc, so what some find dead easy may not be so easy to another.

Another reason many race here is for the money. The other day I purchased another 2J Race car, $14 mil I think it was, plus a couple of others which severely depleted my account, currently at just over $100,000, as low as it has been for a heck of a long time so I'll do a few more races at low PP to build it back up a bit as I know something will come along which I want or need to upgrade. Cheers.
And I'm just pointing out the obvious here, not necessarily having a go at you.

Last edited:
Back