::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 3 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 357 comments

Where should the next Pre-Season race be?

• Laguna Seca

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Monza

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Nurburgring GP

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Daytona Road Course

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Circuit de la Sarthe

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Indianapolis Road Course

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, not sure we can do anything, even the smallest mod would make the car too powerful. I imagine the Subaru has the same problem of being around 20hp down on the Arta when fully run in too, though I don't own one so can't say for sure.

Edit: Pics from Div2 Race:

Rolling Start (This was fun, btw, hope we can do this in the full series)
CtedAzur_12.jpg

First lap under pressure
CtedAzur_4.jpg

First lap hairpin
CtedAzur_2.jpg

Pushing :)
CtedAzur_9.jpg

I didn't touch it, I swear :P
CtedAzur_8.jpg

Last edited:
Srry for collisions not mine meaning NeXT race i Will be fair

I don't think you crashed on purpose. But I do think that you need a little bit more practice before you can enter a race again. It's all about realizing when you can or can't pass someone without causing crashes (It's hard, and EVERYBODY makes mistakes). Everybody causes crashes once in a while, the skill lies in not doing it on a regular basis. It's not about you beeing a fast or a slow driver. It's about the respect for the other drivers. So if you are a slow driver but still avoid causing crashes it's fine. It's all about watching out. If you see a car in your rear wiev and feel insecure, just show early what you intend to do, stay on one side of the track and let the faster drivers pass without interfering. Then you can start to push for a better pace until someone catches you again, and then repeat what I just said. When you can handle this kind of online racing I can promise you that the online experience will be so much greater, for you and your fellow drivers out there. Trust me! 👍

Yes, i will reserve my judgement until further review ;)

Practice, practice, practice, and practice some more.

At your current pace, i dont think you'll even qualify for next weeks race, imho.

Pretty sure all of his incidents were on purpose :P

Going up the hill, Excistor in front in a GT500 NSX, 3x GT300 cars behind, he'll be pulling away up the hill, right?
CtedAzur_29.jpg

Nah, let's stamp on the brakes.
CtedAzur_28.jpg

Then later in the lap let's fire off two of those GT300s at the Chicane.
CtedAzur_27.jpg

Before having another swipe at one of the GT300 cars before the lap's over.
CtedAzur_26.jpg

No thanks. 👎👎👎

--

Anyway, the parts where there were no Green NSX involved were pretty fun.

Pics from Div 1 Race:

Bunched up at the first corner
CtedAzur_40.jpg

GT500 First Lap Action
CtedAzur_39.jpg

Early close racing in GT300 (Masi, Moieman, Senninha)
CtedAzur_38.jpg

Moar
CtedAzur_37.jpg

Masi + Moieman
CtedAzur_36.jpg

Masi sneaking through while the rest of us get stuck in a mix up at the chicane D:
CtedAzur_35.jpg

Good pass by Senninha 👍
CtedAzur_33.jpg

PaggyDaggy
CtedAzur_34.jpg

Who's got the faster mechanics? (Masi in front)
CtedAzur_32.jpg

CtedAzur_31.jpg

Not Masi :P (Still waiting to be released)
CtedAzur_30.jpg

:)
CtedAzur_10.jpg

Damn those mechanics!

Actually, i think here's the reason why. Lap 16, i had about a few second lead over PaggyDaddy, and a few other GT300s after i snuk past the incident (in the chicane also) a few laps earlier. So i come down and break for the chicane, and boom! Excistor comes out of nowhere and drills a couple us from behind (no homo) as seen from the picture above. I lose my lead and four points of my suspension were damaged, along with my engine sputtering. I'm not sure if i carried all the damage all the way to the pits or it fixed itself just after the hairpin? ....ah heck, you know what? No. My engineers and mechanics suck.

btw... here's the unofficial results...

Division 1 Unofficial Results
1---Leader---IRT_Nissman3
2---+12.832---Dragonistic
3---+13.456---chorda
4---+45.613---bombe322
5---+1'50.838---Driftking9

6---+1'56.642---El_Alien69
7---+2'11.415---GTP_PaggyDaggy
8---+2'17.943---GTP_Senninha
9---+2'31.203---MoIeman
10---+2'38.893---GTP_Masicampo
11---+2 Laps---DukeLeNuke

12---+3 Laps---Excistor
13---DNF---Johnkiller2

Division 2 Unofficial Results
1---Leader---chorda
2---+1'02.301---sincx

3---+2'09.198---MoIeman
4---+2'25.472---GTP_Paggydaddy
5---+2'37.517---sonic-_-89b
6---+2'58.515---nethereal

7---+2'59.145---wilhelm198824
8---+2 Laps---DaveM-Sport
9---+2 Laps---Sallyk23

10---DNF---GTP_akmuq
11---DNF---mattymc1996

Last edited:
Masi, how can you check that all the rules about modifying cars are followed? I know you can check for hp and weight, but how about rigidity improvement, for example?

Also, what time do you think you will be running the races in the future? When I start work in a couple of weeks this time won't be good for me, unfortunately.

Anyway, thanks for setting his up.

3---+13.456---chorda
4---+45.613---bombe322

9---+2'31.203---Moleman

12---+3 Laps---Excistor
13---DNF---Johnkiller2

Can you include the total racetime? And for div 2 as well, not counting the formationlap. Is it possible? Would be great:tup:

3---+13.456---chorda
4---+45.613---bombe322

9---+2'31.203---MoIeman

12---+3 Laps---Excistor
13---DNF---Johnkiller2

Division 2 Unofficial Results
1---Leader---chorda
2---+1'02.301---sincx

3---+2'09.198---MoIeman
4---+2'25.472---GTP_Paggydaddy
5---+2'37.517---sonic-_-89b
6---+2'58.515---nethereal

7---+2'59.145---wilhelm198824
8---+2 Laps---DaveM-Sport
9---+2 Laps---Sallyk23

10---DNF---GTP_akmuq
11---DNF---mattymc1996

This is just a rough draft... i will include total race time and best laps a bit later.

As you can see, a few drivers from D1 also raced in D2 (chorda, MoIeman, and PaggyDaggy).
There's also another car from D2 that dropped early, forgot his name. There should be 12 cars.

So in total there was 22 cars that competed this week. About 4 or 5 drivers from D1 didnt show
up so i invited some from D2 to move up.

Last edited:
:grumpy:I guess i will have to take my G25 next race :grumpy:
ive been racing with a controller analogues:tdown:
Maybe then people will reconize me . Great race tho:tup:

Massi i am preety sure guys like excistor have to be baned. He was making crashes on purpose. Also some drivers from div2 were driving careless.Too bad i didnt make div 1 on time. Also guys who didnt qualify shouldnt be racing right? or why do we need qualification time?

Well, there was about 9 cars who showed up for D1 i think. So i thought id invite any of the available drivers from D2 to fill up the grid. And since Excistor was already there from the beginning, i thought id let him stay (i thought he was an ok driver, ive raced with him from random practice sessions). It's only the preseason so it didn't really matter that much, if it was the actual season, i will only allow drivers from D2 and it will be based by time, and if after the cut-off, D1 only has 8 cars on the grid, we will start the race.

Anyway, great racing today overall. Im sure interest has already picked up. Hopefully, we'll have full grids for both Divisions.

Learned/Accomplished this week:
  • Restricting tires to Hard on Race Day
  • Arta Garaiya is too powerful (Maybe add mods to the other GT300 cars?)
  • 100 km is long enough, maybe one 200km enduro would be great
  • Qualifying system is a success
  • We need parade/formation lap to separate classes before start
  • People should announce at least 2 days in advance that they will not make the race
  • Again, you must be sure and committed that you'll make the race time so we don't have to scramble filling out the grid!
  • What else? Any comments?

Well, there was about 9 cars who showed up for D1 i think. So i thought id invite any of the available drivers from D2 to fill up the grid. And since Excistor was already there from the beginning, i thought id let him stay (i thought he was an ok driver, ive raced with him from random practice sessions). It's only the preseason so it didn't really matter that much, if it was the actual season, i will only allow drivers from D2 and it will be based by time, and if after the cut-off, D1 only has 8 cars on the grid, we will start the race.

Anyway, great racing today overall. Im sure interest has already picked up. Hopefully, we'll have full grids for both Divisions.

Learned/Accomplished this week:
  • Restricting tires to Hard on Race Day
  • Arta Garaiya is too powerful (Maybe add mods to the other GT300 cars?)
  • 100 km is long enough, maybe one 200km enduro would be great
  • Qualifying system is a success
  • We need parade/formation lap to separate classes before start
  • People should announce at least 2 days in advance that they will not make the race
  • Again, you must be sure and committed that you'll make the race time so we don't have to scramble filling out the grid!
  • What else? Any comments?

[*]Restarting the map (switch to another and then back) at the scheduled start time for qualifying to wipe any practice lap times registered - and not arbitrarily saying "ok the qualifying starts now" which isnt true - it started the moment the map was loaded.

I was there and he said there's 15 minutes left in qualifying. Not qualifying starts now.

Well here's the thing, there were about 8 cars inside the room already. Qualifying started 15 minutes before you guys came in, so i said 15 minutes left for qualifying. I couldn't restart the map since the other drivers have been hot lapping for the past 15 minutes. It wouldn't be fair.

good race! seninha was faster than me in practice so in the 1st lap i took adventage of the gt500 to pass him. too bad that sonic couldnt race, i was the only amemiya running.

One practical thing regarding the rolling starts, the pole-position-car can shoose lane aproching the startline (IN the rules it says: "P1 Inside lane"). I took the outside lane because 1st grid positioin was on the outside. But I think pole-car car choose inside or outside.

Also, when in a rolling start rules are "you can't overtake before start-line". A driver can therefore not look "thru" the field on the pole-car, and give full throttle at the same time as pole, because you will pass 1-3 cars before the start-line. So my sugestion is: Every driver must look at the car in the position ahead (nr5 look at nr4), when the car ahead goes->green light for "me". Cause as I said, if nr5 car looks at the number 1 car, he will pass several cars before the startline. Just a practical notice.

Also, I belive that in DTM for example, the pole car can start the race as soon as the safety-car goes in the pits. He can "floor it" lets say 200 m from the startline, and still no one can overtake before that line is pased. In my case during div 2 race, I waited all the way to the line before i flored it. Without a pace-car it can't be done, I know (I guess there is no line that indicates from where you are allowed to "flor it" as in F1). But if there is a pace-car it would be a good rule. But still remember, NO ONE can overtake ANY ONE before crossing the START-LINE (In motorsports there are lines indicating where you can pas a car during, lets say a restart, but we don't have those lines, therefor it can only be done with a pace-car and start-line as "tools").

About the tyres. I think it was fun with the softs, cause they got worn in the end of the race, making things interesting. With hard, yhe tyres will not be a factor unless the number of laps are incresed.

Masi_23: I must say that you are doing a GREAT work organizing races, hosting, taking pics etc. 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Last edited:
Thanks!

Although I'll be limited next week. I'll be back at work and also will be starting classes for the spring semester.

P.S. Can anyone create a Resulsts Table similar to this one: Monaco Grand Prix

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see...

Thanks!

Although I'll be limited next week. I'll be back at work and also will be starting classes for the spring semester.

P.S. Can anyone create a Resulsts Table similar to this one: Monaco Grand Prix

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see...

Would this be good enough (even if I couldn't put the grid positions and some of the cars in)?
supergtpreseason2.jpg

A bit dissapointed that I couldn't race today (my fault for waking up too late, I guess). Hopefully I'll be able to race next week.

Thanks man! Do you mind telling me how you were able to do it? I'm not too computer savy... :)

Excel?

Thanks man! Do you mind telling me how you were able to do it? I'm not too computer savy... :)

Excel?

Yes it was made in Excel. To turn the spreadsheet into an image just highlight the text and copy it into Paint.

I see, thanks, although i already made a different one.

Post 1 is updated for results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back