::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 7 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 912 comments
Man, and then I check the replay and nycrom cut the pit on his second stop on lap 10 and chorda was driving backwards on the track to get back to the pits on lap 8. I guess the penalties aren't for everyone.

Please excuse the music, I had no control (and didn't even hear) what music was being recorded at the time I recorded. So excuse my taste :P. Watch in mute if you have to.
Here's a quick little trip through the first 4 laps of the GT300 race. It was a little watching session I did quickly before work today.

I also recorded the whole race through Neomone's perspective to the official timing, I'll post that up later, I have to get home and upload it to Youtube. And before anyone asks, yes my Youtube account lets me upload unlimited size and length movies. I have other hour long races up.

The recording quality's not incredible but it works.

I can quickly record and upload the GT500 race as well if anyone wants to send to send me the replay.

Sorry to correct you here. I know English isn't your first language. He was penalised for track cutting, not contact with other drivers.

He was not in contact to the circuit with 2 wheels on track/curb att all times.

The rule:
"IV. Track Contact
a) Drivers must always keep 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
b) The edges of the track are marked with white lines and are considered to be a part of the track. Gray/Concrete cobbles are part of the tack.
c) The Rumble Strips are part of the track; however, all surfaces with green paint, either beside it or be the rumbles themselves, are not part of the track
d) Do not hit any objects visible or invisible (eg. cones, barriers, walls, etc.)

In a situation where the driver goes off the track, and without prejudice to part (e) below, he may rejoin, only when it is safe and without gaining any advantage.
Also, if a driver unintentionally or intentionally leaves the track and gains a spot, he must relinquish that spot or he will be penalized.

e) Drivers committing serious mistakes repeatedly or seem to have a problem with keeping the car on the track would be reported to the Stewards and could result in penalties.

At any given time during the season, drivers are expected to follow these rules. Any driver who deliberately appears to break any of these rules to gain advantage at any stage in the race or the season could be penalized by the Stewards as in the case of 'Excistor' during the 2nd race of the preseason, when he deliberately collided with multiple cars, resulting into damaged cars and ruined races. 'Excistor' has now been banned from the series."

a.k.a corner cutting. 👍

Man, and then I check the replay and nycrom cut the pit on his second stop on lap 10 and chorda was driving backwards on the track to get back to the pits on lap 8. I guess the penalties aren't for everyone.

I made a huge mistake going in to the pits, hitting the barrier because my suspention was totally broke. I took it very carefully, and did not interfear with anyone on the track, I did not gain any time either. More like I lost 25-30seconds. And please, why do you lie? I did not drive "backwards on the track", I was on a peace of grass to the left of the pit-entry, and really making sure to NOT go out on the track.

As far as Nycrom goes.
If a penalty is going to be handed out. The stewards need to know about the accident within 24 hours from the race. Did you miss that?

Just send in a report if you see something that is not correct. Everyone is free to do so, yourself involved, witness an incident between 2 (or more) other drivers or just by watching the replay. If you witness someone braking any rules, just send a report within 24 hours from the race.. It's not that hard, really..

Everybody really need to pay attention to the "rules and guidlines" and how a penalty is handed out. To whine in this thread about penaltys that was not handed out for incidents that was NOT reported is just so wrong! Make sure that you fully understands the procedure before complaining.

NOTE: I was working on penaltys, looking at replay (3 times!), PM:ed drivers about reported incidents, taking photos (that no one seem to appriciate) and PM:ed fellow stewards to get this raceresult official within the 24 hour limit. This has kept me occupied for about 10 hours after the race. When you had reached the finish line, I bet you just turned off your PS3, and did not think about the race for a second after that.

I'm really putting my soul in to this, and it is VERY sad to get nothing but complaints to be honest.

Last edited:

I had probably during the race cut sometimes a bit the chicanes, or when Im come back for my second pit, but that was just my "little" driving mistake, and I had not take an advantage to do that. I think that if a driver mistake and overtake another driver cutting, have to come back the spot. Is my opinion that u overtake me just cuz u mistake the point break, that sometime happen it's ok. :) But u had after the pit stop give me back position. 👍

I'm not complaining at all denihlson, just pointing out a few things I saw happen when i went back and watched the race. I don't expect any penalties to be handed out because it doesn't fit in the 24hr period. I'm sure we all appreciate the time and effort you've put in as a steward. You are doing a great job and put on a great race.

I'm not complaining at all denihlson, just pointing out a few things I saw happen when i went back and watched the race. I don't expect any penalties to be handed out because it doesn't fit in the 24hr period. I'm sure we all appreciate the time and effort you've put in as a steward. You are doing a great job and put on a great race.

I was refering to your statement "I guess the penalties aren't for everyone."

It's probably not worth bringing up any infractions you see on later reviews of replays. All it's going to do is cause bad blood and drama.

Latest Posts

Back