Worst Pcars race ever (for me anyway)

• Thread starter Mike_grpA
  • 38 comments
Hmm I've actually noticed that myself whilst driving the Procar, only when moving the wheel to the right. Assumed it was FFB up too high but I haven't managed to get rid of it. Very odd.
FFB on 70 and TF 75
The funny point was ( in fact it was not ) when it happend in online race I could do practice no problem , qualifying no problem than the race started and ...... bang spot on crack crack crack .

FFB on 70 and TF 75
The funny point was ( in fact it was not ) when it happend in online race I could do practice no problem , qualifying no problem than the race started and ...... bang spot on crack crack crack .

Is it like a heavy vibrating like feeling around the wheel centre? I've seen people reporting that bug, and apparently the only way to get rid of it is to restart the session. In the Pcars forum where I saw it, they put videos up of the telemetry hud, and when it happens, the ffb line is very jumpy and rough looking compared to normal. Does this sound like what you're experiencing?

I agree with you on landmines being more important than the other issues you listed, but the entire game crashing is a bigger issue at this stage, as it's affecting a large portion of users, and sometimes when the game crashes, it corrupts the game save data. I'd say landmines should be #2 on the list, but from what I've read, it sounds like a fix for those has been found, and will be implemented in the next patch.

So today its my turn. Thought I d give career mode a shot again after patch 5. WEC with the RWD P30 at Le Mans. Accidentially clicked on "forward to next session" instead of practice, forgot to scale qualifying time up from a previous invitational event, so I had only 10 minutes to qualify on a 3:30 minute track. My setup I made on the spot was garbage, so I qualified in last place of the P1s. Changed the setup according to what I learned from my börked qualifying setup and it was good.

So I started 6th, got wiped out at the first chicane from an AI I had overtaken. Chased them suckers in anger, ran wide at Tertre Rouge, got my first cut track warning. Lap 2 I got wiped out again at Indianapolis after overtaking an AI just before. Hit the barrier on the left side hard, mechanical fault, went back to pits, last place again. Started the hunt again with a fresh set of tires and full tank of fuel. Got a second cut track warning and second mechanical fault when unsuccessfully trying to avoid a GT4 fighting for position with me... in the then 3rd placed P1... lapping him for the 5th or 6th time. Thankfully it was time to stop anyway and the car was still going strong, so I only lost about 10 seconds or so due to that incident. After stopping for repairs, tires and fuel, I was gaining 2 seconds+ a lap on the leaders due to their retarded incapability to lap much slower cars. Also they stopped more often than me. So shortly before the 2 hour mark, I took the lead again. So far, so schtoopid, but at least I was in the lead.

Until with about 20 minutes to go, I lapped yet another GT4 before the last chicane and it decided to fight for position again, cut straight through the chicane and took me out with it. I got my 3rd cut track warning, was disqualified and over 2 hours of my life were wasted on nothing but frustration.

I was planning to go for platinum on this game I helped making but career and especially the AI really sucks so hard, I dont think I can make myself sit through it.

So today its my turn. Thought I d give career mode a shot again after patch 5. WEC with the RWD P30 at Le Mans. Accidentially clicked on "forward to next session" instead of practice, forgot to scale qualifying time up from a previous invitational event, so I had only 10 minutes to qualify on a 3:30 minute track. My setup I made on the spot was garbage, so I qualified in last place of the P1s. Changed the setup according to what I learned from my börked qualifying setup and it was good.

So I started 6th, got wiped out at the first chicane from an AI I had overtaken. Chased them suckers in anger, ran wide at Tertre Rouge, got my first cut track warning. Lap 2 I got wiped out again at Indianapolis after overtaking an AI just before. Hit the barrier on the left side hard, mechanical fault, went back to pits, last place again. Started the hunt again with a fresh set of tires and full tank of fuel. Got a second cut track warning and second mechanical fault when unsuccessfully trying to avoid a GT4 fighting for position with me... in the then 3rd placed P1... lapping him for the 5th or 6th time. Thankfully it was time to stop anyway and the car was still going strong, so I only lost about 10 seconds or so due to that incident. After stopping for repairs, tires and fuel, I was gaining 2 seconds+ a lap on the leaders due to their retarded incapability to lap much slower cars. Also they stopped more often than me. So shortly before the 2 hour mark, I took the lead again. So far, so schtoopid, but at least I was in the lead.

Until with about 20 minutes to go, I lapped yet another GT4 before the last chicane and it decided to fight for position again, cut straight through the chicane and took me out with it. I got my 3rd cut track warning, was disqualified and over 2 hours of my life were wasted on nothing but frustration.

I was planning to go for platinum on this game I helped making but career and especially the AI really sucks so hard, I dont think I can make myself sit through it.

I feel your pain, I went through an almost identical situation at the same track but driving a GT3 car. Without fail I would get mechanical/aero damage within 3 laps of pitting from being hit by an AI car, leaving me with a diminished top speed and putting me dead last in the GT3 class. The AI seems to be especially bad at this track for some reason and it frustrates me.

People have said "run the race with flags, pens and damage off" but I don't see the point in that. I don't want to be able to bounce off a wall and carry on as if nothing as happened. I guess it's a trade off between unrealistic conditions or unrealistic AI behaviour.

I actually found the AI quite decent at Le Mans strangely. But I am learning how to get them to behave a little better. I read before the game came out that you give the AI racing room and respect their line, and they'll do the same in return, but that's complete bollocks. If you give them plenty of room it's almost like they can't see you there and just act like you're not. I find that being aggressive with them gets the best results. On approach to a corner, coming up the inside of an AI driver, squeeze them as far as you can, and make the entry as awkward as you can for them, without compromising your own, and they'll yield to you. Same goes for overtaking on the outside, squeeze them toward the inside to compromise their line, and they'll often yield in order to improve their entry line. Of course you have to be very careful doing this, as there's a fine line between being aggressive enough and being too aggressive. These tactics work at most tracks, but nothing really helps at the really narrow tracks like Monaco, the AI is just full retard there.

I find it quite funny when you go to a public lobby and see the human behaviour when racing. If AI is supposed to mimic human intelligence, then the AI I've raced with have superior intelligence.

But jokes aside, I've found that if you defend your line the AI backs off, but if you leave a gap they will go for it. If you divebomb the AI they will turn in on you, but if you get overlap before a turn and leave them space, they will follow the outside line.

I've had very few AI incidents where it seems they deliberately hit me, but I've had heaps of online 'incidents'.

I disagree, I've found the AI to be terrible for dive bombing and if they dive bomb and you don't give them room its tough, because they just cut down the inside on the grass and smash into you anyway.

Back