Worst review ever?

• Thread starter Dopeman
  • 44 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who seem to infantile to understand what 'plagiarism' consists of (which has precisely nothing to do with fair use, so try and educate yourselves and you might not look so dumb to someone who ACTUALLY uses such information all the time), yes copying a piece of content(s) from another creator categorically IS plagiarism.

It's not up for debate among millennial who have been taught that they are entitled to whatever they want and that they don't have to take responsibility for any of their actions.

So, for those who are clearly too backward to comprehend this remarkably simple issue, I guess I'll have to spell it out for you :

1. If you asked an author if they mind you taking their character and writing your OWN book in your 'own style', then the answer would be either 'no', or you would pay them royalties, since you did not come up with the character, concept or story. In fact, you could say that you have created nothing...at all. But are rather trying to jump start your own popularity by riding someone else's skill, which is clearly superior to your own, since you wouldn't need their content if you had ANY skill of your own.

2. When said creator, be it author or ANY other art or entertainment form (breaking news kiddies - YouTube is an entertainment form) politely says 'no' or that they would rather you didn't rip them off (which for the uninformed among you - is exactly what copying someone's tune for your own views and Adsense is) then how do you react? Do you A) respect the creators wishes in the spirit of the respect YOU claimed to have for them. Or B) do you revert to the language of a spoilt twelve year old and tell them that you're gonna do what you want and 'ain't nobody gonna' tell you cuz your momma told you your entitled to whatever you want.

Well the talentless hack in question, who also chose to post this BUSINESS matter (because yes kids - I make money from MY work and skill, on YouTube and otherwise) in a public forum rather than taking responsibility and contacting me in person.

Your damn right I'm going to block that weak willed, self-entitled man child.

And for the rest of you, who quite frankly have no say in the matter since it literally doesn't concern you, any more than your job and earnings concern me - why don't you try asking AR12 Gaming, PewDiePie, jacksfilms, Rhett&Link or literally ANY other YouTube creator, regardless of size (because for your information channel size has ZERO bearing on the matter of plagiarism) if they mind you releasing their content "in my own way".

In summary, I frankly couldn't care less about anyone's opinion of my methods on GTP, and I have made that clear before. And for those who are feeling lucky, go ahead and copy my tunes to their own YouTube channel (since THAT is what we are specifically talking about) and see how far you get with that, since Google values my channel far more than I care to elaborate on, and I have had copycats removed before. So go ahead, make a successful video ripping off my content, and then when you hit enough views for me to notice, I'll flag it, which FYI gives ME the Adsense from your video (look it up kids :D) AND gets it taken down.

Have a nice day.
I run a YouTube channel too which is monetised, in fact I run or have run a number of them which I use as testers for my main channel. I have experience with fair use as I've had one or two banned.

So with that said, if someone copies your content then that isn't right. However car set ups are not your content, none whatsoever. I believe that is what was copied right? Not your actual content? You don't own car set ups, It would be like me buying a home theater system and adjusting the equaliser presets then having the audacity to think I own that preset and no one can copy it. Ridiculous.

The real issue here is that you are scared of comoetition, there are hundreds of channels that flag videos from smaller start up channels, and you don't get your way because you're in the right, you get it because those smaller channels are currently irrelevant to YouTube. It's too much effort to appeal the video being flagged. Hopefully karma bites you in the arse.

Edit: It shouldn't go unnoticed that you flag videos in order to get their adsense. Sounds like a thief to me stealing from the smaller guys with the bigger guy backing you. Crazy that you believe you own a set up.

I run a YouTube channel too which is monetised, in fact I run or have run a number of them which I use as testers for my main channel. I have experience with fair use as I've had one or two banned.

So with that said, if someone copies your content then that isn't right. However car set ups are not your content, none whatsoever. I believe that is what was copied right? Not your actual content? You don't own car set ups, It would be like me buying a home theater system and adjusting the equaliser presets then having the audacity to think I own that preset and no one can copy it. Ridiculous.

The real issue here is that you are scared of comoetition, there are hundreds of channels that flag videos from smaller start up channels, and you don't get your way because you're in the right, you get it because those smaller channels are currently irrelevant to YouTube. It's too much effort to appeal the video being flagged. Hopefully karma bites you in the arse.

Edit: It shouldn't go unnoticed that you flag videos in order to get their adsense. Sounds like a thief to me stealing from the smaller guys with the bigger guy backing you. Crazy that you believe you own a set up.

very very true i've only had the channel a month or after a few problems with getting things up and running i'm currently working on Gran Turismo 1 at this point and recently got back into GT6 after not playing the game since the end of 2014 but my main focus was GT1

I decided to return to 6 as sort of a side project and recently have been in a few open lobbies with some really friendly youtubers who i found streaming the game etc i won't go too much into detail but i didn't have many setups and i'm a little rusty in terms of setting up my car to race semi competitively so i searched youtube and his videos were among the 1st i saw and felt if i was to upload a video of me testing out the tune etc it would only be fair to credit the original creator of that tune and give them credit since some of them were actually half decent maybe a few tweaks here and there to suit my driving style etc but overall pretty solid setups.

as soon as he compared me uploading his tune to my channel to ripping off harry potter he lost ALL credibility

The best part about people like this? They probably use a pirated copy of After Effects to make their oh so precious content. They'll have a million reasons why THAT is okay. "I'm saving up for a legit copy", "It's not like I'm making hollywood movies!", "I only used it to make my animated intro. The rest is edited together in XXXXX which I payed for" and my favorite is, "Adobe is a billion dollar corp. I'm a college student with $80,000 in student loans." :rolleyes:

I guarantee people who scream the loudest about this have at least one mp3/flac file on their computer that they didn't pay for. :D Oh, but that's different... :rolleyes:

Previously subscribed to this guy, that's some shady stuff and I think he just lost a sub.

how'd this guy get his own shoe line again?

Last edited:
For those who seem to infantile to understand what 'plagiarism' consists of (which has precisely nothing to do with fair use, so try and educate yourselves and you might not look so dumb to someone who ACTUALLY uses such information all the time), yes copying a piece of content(s) from another creator categorically IS plagiarism.

It's not up for debate among millennial who have been taught that they are entitled to whatever they want and that they don't have to take responsibility for any of their actions.

So, for those who are clearly too backward to comprehend this remarkably simple issue, I guess I'll have to spell it out for you :

1. If you asked an author if they mind you taking their character and writing your OWN book in your 'own style', then the answer would be either 'no', or you would pay them royalties, since you did not come up with the character, concept or story. In fact, you could say that you have created nothing...at all. But are rather trying to jump start your own popularity by riding someone else's skill, which is clearly superior to your own, since you wouldn't need their content if you had ANY skill of your own.

2. When said creator, be it author or ANY other art or entertainment form (breaking news kiddies - YouTube is an entertainment form) politely says 'no' or that they would rather you didn't rip them off (which for the uninformed among you - is exactly what copying someone's tune for your own views and Adsense is) then how do you react? Do you A) respect the creators wishes in the spirit of the respect YOU claimed to have for them. Or B) do you revert to the language of a spoilt twelve year old and tell them that you're gonna do what you want and 'ain't nobody gonna' tell you cuz your momma told you your entitled to whatever you want.

Well the talentless hack in question, who also chose to post this BUSINESS matter (because yes kids - I make money from MY work and skill, on YouTube and otherwise) in a public forum rather than taking responsibility and contacting me in person.

And for the rest of you, who quite frankly have no say in the matter since it literally doesn't concern you, any more than your job and earnings concern me - why don't you try asking AR12 Gaming, PewDiePie, jacksfilms, Rhett&Link or literally ANY other YouTube creator, regardless of size (because for your information channel size has ZERO bearing on the matter of plagiarism) if they mind you releasing their content "in my own way".

In summary, I frankly couldn't care less about anyone's opinion of my methods on GTP, and I have made that clear before. And for those who are feeling lucky, go ahead and copy my tunes to their own YouTube channel (since THAT is what we are specifically talking about) and see how far you get with that, since Google values my channel far more than I care to elaborate on, and I have had copycats removed before. So go ahead, make a successful video ripping off my content, and then when you hit enough views for me to notice, I'll flag it, which FYI gives ME the Adsense from your video (look it up kids :D) AND gets it taken down.

Have a nice day.

I just want you to know that this is the most ridiculous thing I've seen this week.

You can't OWN a tune, and it isn't plagiarism if someone else uses it. If I played The Sims, and I made a sim resembling an important figure, to then find someone had done the same thing, I'm not going to then claim "REEEEEE PLAGIARISM TAKE IT DOWN THIS ISN'T YOURS" because I don't OWN the sim itself.

You can't compare a stupid tune in a racing game to a damn book. You can make money from one of them. I've never seen someone make money off of ONE TUNE. If you didn't want people to copy it, why would you post it on the internet to begin with?

You know, it's great to see you spewing out all of these insults to people who honestly don't deserve it, when really, any one of us here could post this to your subscribers to show them how you really act. Can't get Adsense money when no ones watching your videos.

Also, since this is on GTPlanet, a PUBLIC forum, we all have a say in the matter - I don't know who left and made you leader, but last time I checked, I don't know you, I don't care about you, and most importantly, you really can't tell me what to do.

Have a nice day.
He smart guy! So I change the aero or camber value or whatever on your tune. Viola. Not your tune anymore. Make my YouTube channel and will use every one of your tunes just for kicks.

:lol: I was going to say, if I had some more free time I would start a YouTube channel that featured nothing but the tunes from his channel. :lol:
i know i will be uploading a few :P

Previously subscribed to this guy, that's some shady stuff and I think he just lost a sub.

how'd this guy get his own shoe line again?

Exactly plus he for some reason thinks GOOGLE VALUES HIS CHANNEL :D like i asked previously what planet is he living on?

Last edited:
:lol: I was going to say, if I had some more free time I would start a YouTube channel that featured nothing but the tunes from his channel. :lol:
:D i think i will too see just to see what he does i want to see how much pull with google he thinks he has lol

I decided to make a video apparently it's too long to keep his interest...i wonder why that is lol

please bear in mind this video contains strong language (i've learned from previous mistakes to include a disclaimer) i was pretty annoyed while recording but i got my point across i think

I decided to make a video apparently it's too long to keep his interest...i wonder why that is lol

please bear in mind this video contains strong language (i've learned from previous mistakes to include a disclaimer) i was pretty annoyed while recording but i got my point across i think

You have just been subbed!

You have just been subbed!
Thanks!! i hope i managed to get my point across clear enough i know there was a lot of vulgar language but i was (and still am although not as much now) pretty damn annoyed at how he thinks what he's doing is in any way the right way to go about things

I didn't really want to make the video but felt it was necessary because i just want to have fun maybe make a few new friends who also love the GT series and have some fun racing and trying out a few tunes and just generally having a bit of fun because i feel sometimes people do tend to take these games just a little too seriously at times

Life is too short to be negative all i want to do is upload videos have a bit of fun and be creative in the way i make them and showcase my love for the series in my own way

Thanks!! i hope i managed to get my point across clear enough i know there was a lot of vulgar language but i was (and still am although not as much now) pretty damn annoyed at how he thinks what he's doing is in any way the right way to go about things

I didn't really want to make the video but felt it was necessary because i just want to have fun maybe make a few new friends who also love the GT series and have some fun racing and trying out a few tunes and just generally having a bit of fun because i feel sometimes people do tend to take these games just a little too seriously at times

Life is too short to be negative all i want to do is upload videos have a bit of fun and be creative in the way i make them and showcase my love for the series in my own way
I've watched the video & all you're doing is sticking up for yourself. I would of done the same thing but I don't have the ability to create YouTube videos lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back