Worst Sports Mode Experience Thread

• Thread starter chimuel
  • 4 comments
United States
Boston, MA
Chimuel
Chimuel

Final few turns and this sore loser punts me off track. I get penalized and get my SR demoted from A to B while the other racer walks free! This system is flawed.
Hopefully blocking him from my profile will prevent me from matching with this sore loser.
GT Sport needs an appeals system where penalties and SR demotions can be reviewed.

What's your worst sports mode experience?

I wanted to add more detail here since the other racer saw my post on reddit as well and I have updated my post there. So the other racer and I did trade paint earlier in the race. I was hoping the other racer would provide their own video but they couldn't provide their side. I only have the whole race from my POV and unfortunately with no native GTS replay. I narrowed it down to what that guy said was my bump to him but as you can see in the video below, I twice gave him room for his maneuvers and when I did bump him it was due to him missing his turn and him hastily trying to close the corner on me.

Heck, I even gave this racer room to move around me when I missed a turn at the start of the race!

Mods: Sorry I posted a username here, I know better and I meant to take it out but I just lazily (and admittedly angrily) copied and pasted my post from elsewhere.

Last edited:
Sport mode is improving all the time. I now find myself in groups of similarly rated drivers. Once you are in the SR S rooms, things are pretty decent. There are still *****, especially the back markers, but for the most part I can't complain. I am DR C and very close to B, just waiting on one of my "good" tracks to solidify it.

IMO, the most important thing is to get the SR to S and then work on your DR. I did it by just rolling around in the back of the packs, avoiding all contact and driving clean lines. It might take a week doing it that way, but worth it. I also avoid all ovals, LOL. I now have pretty fun races with the S crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Final few turns and this sore loser punts me off track. I get penalized and get my SR demoted from A to B while the other racer walks free! This system is flawed.
Hopefully blocking him from my profile will prevent me from matching with this sore loser.
GT Sport needs an appeals system where penalties and SR demotions can be reviewed.

What's your worst sports mode experience?

LOL, that did suck. On top of it all you got an 8 second penalty. Damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back