Worst video game music in your opinion?Music 

United States
The US of A
There is plenty of discussion on best or favorite video game music, but one thing I don't see much of is, what are your worst? If you have any songs from video games that you think are the worst in your opinion, post them here!

Last edited:
Wow, made this topic over two years ago and haven't posted any myself!

One I song I have never liked is the menu music from DT Racer. I am not too sure what the name of it is and I cannot find a video of it a part from gameplay videos, but gosh I have hated it since I first heard it and after hearing it again, I still do. It just seems to endlessly repeat itself every 4 seconds and it gets annoying very fast, not to mention it gets stuck in my head too way easily. I didn't like the game as it is and this song just never did it any favors for me and many years later, I still don't feel any better about it.

Last edited:
Steriogram - Schmack from ATV Offroad Fury 3.
To put it bluntly I just never liked this song, their voices kind of got on my nerves and they sound like a bunch of bickering teenagers. I just found it to be rather annoying to listen to. Not the worst song ever from a video game, but it is in my opinion the worst in ATV Offroad Fury 3. Thank goodness you can turn certain songs off and prevent them from playing.

Last edited:
Super Street Fighter 2 on the Mega Drive sounds horrible. I believe this was because they simply rushed a conversion of the SNES port.

While I liked NFS Prostreet, when it comes to soundtrack, NFS Prostreet was quite a mixed bag in terms of how good or bad it was, at least in my opinion. You had some tracks that were good, some good enough to even make my top 5 favorite NFS tracklist, a bunch that was "meh" and a few that were perhaps the worst I have heard in all of NFS. (as in all that I have played) A few I think that are worth mentioning are:
Klaxons - Atlantis to Interzone

One of the very first ones that comes to mind when I think of the bad songs in this game. Hated this one from the very get-go and I don't feel any better about it now than I did then. For starters, that demented Mrs. Claus voice that plays throughout the song is just plain weird and annoying. The rest of the song is kind of obnoxious and I just don't care to listen to it much at all.

CSS - "Odio, Odio, Odio, Sorry C

Who told this girl she could sing?! Her voice is terrible, she's WAY too loud, she sounds like she's high on something a bit too strong and the intentionally distorted audio really doesn't help. If the song above is "kind of obnoxious", then this one is very obnoxious. While the instrumental track is fine, the vocals are absolutely atrocious and they would have been better off just using an instrumental version of this song.

The Toxic Avenger - Escape (Bloody Beetroot Remix)

Never really liked this song much either. Simply put, it's just kind of boring, unpleasant to hear, and it's one of those songs where whenever I hear it, I'm like "Okay EA, what's your point?". I genuinely never cared to listen to this one much at all.

Wiley - Bow E3

Probably the least bad of the 4, but not a particularly good one either. The song just sounds like a bunch of repetitive chatter and with nothing worthwhile going on, except maybe the beats, but this doesn't make up for it.

Prostreet's soundtrack, in my opinion, isn't bad overall, but it certainly has a few that are just not good.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo Sport. Not the menu music, i would vote the menu music for being one of the greatest. However, the soundtrack when you're in a race is unbearable. About 2 tracks (not including the Daiki Kasho tracks) on the whole Race BGM that i actually enjoy. Awful soundtrack.

SRS-Street Racing Syndicate. Most of the music is forgettable with a few decent songs.

I'm not posting links, because Cox Communications is being an arse and making loading a pain, so I'll just note the good songs:
Slightly Stoopid - Questionable (best one)
Illegal Substance - Microphone Check
Coldcut - Re:Volution
Pre)Thing - Arizona (underrated group)
Mix Mob - (Mother**ckin')Madhouse
Drunken Tiger - Fist of Fury (closeted Anarchists here)

EDIT: I'll do MY OWN CENSORING AS I SEE FIT, thanks. No auto-censoring allowed.

Last edited:
In GT5 (I would think this is also true for GT6 and Sport) there's custom music options for racing and menus. I quite honestly just go with that and play to my own music. Having Jimi Hendrix' dulcet tones sound out as I do stuff in the garage? Yes, please.

Now, onto yet another game whose OST is lacking.

Runabout/Felony 11-79. Don't get me wrong, the OST is actually really good but it is poorly recorded. It peaks, drops out and overall needs a remaster if that is even remotely possible. Otherwise, it's fantastic.

"The Lisbon Maru" in GT5.
I'm just going to hyperlink it here [language warning] because I'm a little too afraid to embed it in this thread due to the name of the artist.

It has an interesting intro I guess, but once you get past that, it's just 8 minutes of repetitive, bombastic, noise that goes on way longer than it should. Believe it or not, I don't actually dislike this song, I just don't care much for it. I have come to appreciate most of GT5's soundtrack over the years and even with this one, I can still appreciate some aspects of it. However, I never held this one in any high regard and I just don't really think it's all that great of a song. I am sure I am not the only one that doesn't care for this track much.

Last edited:
Runabout/Felony 11-79. Don't get me wrong, the OST is actually really good but it is poorly recorded. It peaks, drops out and overall needs a remaster if that is even remotely possible. Otherwise, it's fantastic.
Although I do not play either of those games, I do understand where you're coming from. Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver 1 has some unused music that really falls under this. While the songs are good, the sound quality is absolutely terrible and one of the worst I know when it comes to that. See for yourself:

Thankfully, these songs are unused in the final game, and what they used instead sounds WAY better than these ever did.

Last edited:
Pnau - Baby (Breakbot Remix) from GT5.

So this is one of 2 songs that plays on the menu just before you start a race and I have mixed (but mostly negative) feelings about it. For starters, I like the production of it quite a bit and I think it sounds good for what it's used for, but the moment those kids start singing, it makes me want to hurry up and leave the menu so I don't have to hear the rest of it. Maybe I am being a little irrational here, but I have been in GT5 a lot lately and I have gotten to where I dread hearing this song now every time it comes on and it annoys me that I can't turn it off in-game. If they just used an instrumental version of the song, I probably wouldn't even be posting this here, but the singing portion just bothers me more than it should and ruins the whole track for me.

Is it the absolute worst ever from a video game? No, but it's in at least honorable mention territory for me and from what I gather, I am not the only one that seems to have an issue with it either.

Last edited:
Back