Would GT Sport be better as a Gr. 3 only game?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 67 comments

GT Sport: Gr.3 only?

• Yes

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • No

Votes: 183 95.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
Only if it had 3 or 4x more tracks (at launch) along with dynamic time of day and weather.

That new AC game looks mint btw, I’ll be getting that asap.

No, they should add more track cars, Spec Miatas, single seaters (we have F1, so F4-F2 would be nice), maybe something like Spec Boxster, M235 Cup, so you can run spec races, no BOP

Good God, GTS's content is a fraction of GT6's, and here comes this thread saying it should have even LESS!!! :banghead:

Here's a tip: If you want to only have Group 3 races in the game, just race in Group 3 races!

Problem solved, you're welcome! :cheers:
Put it this way. The way PD used to add cars, were by adding duplicates. So, there'd still be 200+ Gr. 3/GT3 cars with varied livery. Same amount of content.
The NO vote is fine. That's why it's there. Players that like Gr. 3, can argue there's not enough Gr. 3 events or GT3-GTE-GTLM related content.

How is it "Less" content with only Gr. 3?It's only changing the variety of classes, not the amount of cars, per say.

300 livery changes on the same few cars is not 300 cars! :rolleyes:

"How is it "Less" content with only Gr. 3?" - I see math not a strong subject for you! Less variety, less choice, less content.

The problem with your whole thread is, you can already play the game with 100% GT3/Gr3 cars. Just ignore the rest..! You can make or download all the liveries you want.

And those of us (the apparent vast majority) that want variety can still play the game any 🤬 way we want to as well.

Win/win.

I can only imagine how the OP would respond to a thread entitled "Would GT Sport be better as an F1 only game?" or "Would GT Sport be better as a rally only game?" or "Would GT Sport be better as a street cars only game?"!!!

I mean, there's be the same amount of CONTENT, right? LOL

It would only be justified if there was a spin-off title that was the officially licenced game of a particular racing series. That's how ACC and F1 2018 can get off with so little content by comparison and it not being an issue.

So by that point, it wouldn't even be a Gran Turismo game.

300 livery changes on the same few cars is not 300 cars! :rolleyes:

"How is it "Less" content with only Gr. 3?" - I see math not a strong subject for you! Less variety, less choice, less content.

The problem with your whole thread is, you can already play the game with 100% GT3/Gr3 cars. Just ignore the rest..! You can make or download all the liveries you want.

And those of us (the apparent vast majority) that want variety can still play the game any 🤬 way we want to as well.

Win/win.
Tell that to Polyphony Digital with their bloated car counts. Did you read what I typed? That's what they used to do.
Theres no problem with the thread.
It's like I can argue: why doesnt Codemasters add Touring cars in their F1 game? I'd buy it, if it had touring cars in it like their past Toca Drivers games.
Are you understanding that? It's a question of what ifs for GT SPORT.

Me ignoring the rest of the game and just using Gr. 3, is missing the point. Did you dislike this game due to lack of cars pre-2009? Probably. Would it have been better if PD included all the cars we have now. Probably. Would it have been better if we only had the initial car list at launch, but all of past original tracks? Who knows.

I don't mind your opinion, but if you're complaining about the question of the title, there is a thread you can complain in.

And you're just trolling now. Cool.

I respect the hell out of the OP for saying it but...

The game is already a defacto GT3 simulator given that there's so many and it feels like PD have inadvertently put a whole lot of emphasis on this class... I love this class and its such a good 'bread and butter' class for GT Sport to feature.

However of course PD in this 'modern era' has put a spotlight on the Group C and LMP class AND the controversial VGT class.

And look how much people really love the sub N400 road cars.

I presume OP has never heard of "Assetto Corsa Competizione

February 22, 2018
Big 60 car grids for Spa 24H?

I also have AC on my XBONE. It's like saying anyone playing GT hasn't heard of Forza. Same type of game. Or WRC and Colin McRae Dirt.

Why is it a problem for some?

Maybe I should make a poll for everyone to like: "Should GT Sport have more cars and tracks? Oh, and post your favourites you want in the game"

I still say despite what was said...GT sport isnt GT7. Its almost like a spinoff/hold over for the "next gen" console. If GT would do anything...id like to see an arcade type GT. I don't like Forza Motorsport but horizon 3(1st horizon i played) was cool and i hear 4 is straight.

Let Assetto and the upcoming GTR3 handle the 1 class games. I like options and that would be a game i would most likely not purchase....unless it included Gr1.-Gr4 with loads of tracks and applicable cars

I feel like the more you limit your focus, the better is what you're doing however the more you limit your audience.

I personally have very little interest in F1 simulators (I'm Geoff Crammond'ed out) and Rally doesnt do much for me, and of course I could care less about Nascar and even though I dont mind WEC as far as LMP and GT3/GTE goes I'm not sure I'm going to buy a pure real world GT3 and real world track simulator.

I do like the approach PD goes where you have some fantasy cars and their own PD tracks etc.

I know PD's trajectory is full of oddities.. I get it, they're almost the Hideo Kojima of the racing world but this is what I like...

Its that Clarkson meme... this is quite good (points at Forza or AC or PCR) but this is what I like (GT Sport).

I still say despite what was said...GT sport isnt GT7. Its almost like a spinoff/hold over for the "next gen" console. If GT would do anything...id like to see an arcade type GT. I don't like Forza Motorsport but horizon 3(1st horizon i played) was cool and i hear 4 is straight.

Let Assetto and the upcoming GTR3 handle the 1 class games. I like options and that would be a game i would most likely not purchase....unless it included Gr1.-Gr4 with loads of tracks and applicable cars
I'm all for a spin off/offshoot... Which
I respect the hell out of the OP for saying it but...

The game is already a defacto GT3 simulator given that there's so many and it feels like PD have inadvertently put a whole lot of emphasis on this class... I love this class and its such a good 'bread and butter' class for GT Sport to feature.

However of course PD in this 'modern era' has put a spotlight on the Group C and LMP class AND the controversial VGT class.

And look how much people really love the sub N400 road cars.

... Maybe heavily GT3 focused, but people still dislike this game, even with road car DLC.

No. If I can't drive a muscle car or moon lander or VGT car or go kart from time to time to blow off steam from the Sport races, it wouldn't be Gran Turismo.

It would be cool however if GT Sport could double down on its FIA relationship and have more tie-ins to F1, World Rally, World Endurance, etc. which could both tighten up car classes as well as keep adding the variety, at least in competitive play. I'd love to be in a multi-class race or even start running some enduros. Start small with 1 hour, 2 hour races, etc.

To be fair to PD, they havent worked out how to make their AI cars refuel properly... and pit speeds... baby steps.

No, but I'd like to see an expanded sport mode with an FIA Gr3 championship...... along with FIA Gr4, FIA Gr1, FIA Gr2 and FIA one make championships all running on different days.

I don't think it needs to be one discipline but have always said these games try and bite off more than they can chew (looking at you PCARS).

Honestly think they could forget all the bog stock road cars except for supercars or legendary sports cars (GTR or Supra etc) and put that time and effort and money into other parts of the game.

No. The MR cars -- a decent chunk of the Gr.3 class -- were almost undriveable with tire wear until very recently.

But I do wish PD had been 100% dedicated to the racing-focused concept for GT Sport. Only include racing cars (and maybe some high-end sports cars). You could still have a large car count only being focused on race cars. Also they should have added a training mode that taught racecraft, instead of two sportsmanship videos and then dumped into the meat grinder. Sport mode should be much more elaborate, with multiple class types per day, long (1-2 hour) endurance races, social competitive features like friend-based leaderboards, and tournaments that are meaningful and offer rewards to more than just the top 0.1% of drivers. Would also have been cool to have an actual pit team with names and stats that affect how fast they, how many mistakes they make, etc.

Instead what we got is a tepid experience that only offers lip service to racing, but mostly tries to lean heavily on the old GT tropes. My philosophy is, if you're not going to do it right and go all in on something, don't bother doing it at all. Kaz shouldn't have bothered with GTS and instead should've just made GT7. "GT Sport" is a mostly meaningless name. Not to say I haven't had fun with it, but that's mostly because of the community and the car handling, not PD's efforts towards a racing experience or lack thereof.

No. The MR cars -- a decent chunk of the Gr.3 class -- were almost undriveable with tire wear until very recently.

But I do wish PD had been 100% dedicated to the racing-focused concept for GT Sport. Only include racing cars (and maybe some high-end sports cars). You could still have a large car count only being focused on race cars. Also they should have added a training mode that taught racecraft, instead of two sportsmanship videos and then dumped into the meat grinder. Sport mode should be much more elaborate, with multiple class types per day, long (1-2 hour) endurance races, social competitive features like friend-based leaderboards, and tournaments that are meaningful and offer rewards to more than just the top 0.1% of drivers. Would also have been cool to have an actual pit team with names and stats that affect how fast they, how many mistakes they make, etc.

Instead what we got is a tepid experience that only offers lip service to racing, but mostly tries to lean heavily on the old GT tropes. My philosophy is, if you're not going to do it right and go all in on something, don't bother doing it at all. Kaz shouldn't have bothered with GTS and instead should've just made GT7. "GT Sport" is a mostly meaningless name. Not to say I haven't had fun with it, but that's mostly because of the community and the car handling, not PD's efforts towards a racing experience or lack thereof.
This is kind of what spurred my question. Strictly race cars, done right, may have been the better route. Same. I'm having fun with the game. However, as you mentioned, getting that core aspect right, would make it better as well.

GT5P, was about what they thought online play would be like, in the future.
GT Sport is what they think online sport would be like in the future. Concentrating on that race car aspect, keeping it basic with one discipline(GT cars), may have allowed them to get it right the first time.

I know Group 3 is the bread and butter of this game, but there are still soo many great cars that I couldn't live without. The updates have further reinforced this notion.

I feel like almost every update has added something really cool.

There's been maybe one update that feel sort of flat but they seem to be listening to the fanbase.

If it meant a lot more PD created race cars including off the wall ones like the epic Beetle, then I would've been quite keen, but it wouldn't have been much of a GT game.

No, mainly because Assetto Corsa is going to do this, and probably do it better. And even then, I think ACC will need to add other SRO classes to be able to really thrive - at least GT4 and the upcoming GT2 class.

For those who don't know, SRO is the organisation who owns and runs the Blancpain series, as well as French Formula 4, Clio Cup, 308 Racing Cup and Porsche Carrera Cup.

Back