Would it be worth picking up a used Vita or PSP to play this game?

• Thread starter OneGunner
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
I've been eyeing up used PS Vitas lately so I can play Gran Turismo PSP.

I had one but sold it a couple of years ago. I guess given everything that's going on, I have more free time on my hands. The only games I would likely play are Gran Turismo PSP, Killzone, and maybe Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops. What do you guys think?

Is it worth it to buy a Vita or PSP possibly only to play GT PSP?

Last edited:
Most defenitely!
But it depends, if you're truely only wanting to play PSP games a PSP will suffice, the bigger screen isn't really worth getting a PSVita for.
Unless you're planning on modding the device, then a PSVita will open up allot more doors, which i would highly recomend.

Most defenitely!
But it depends, if you're truely only wanting to play PSP games a PSP will suffice, the bigger screen isn't really worth getting a PSVita for.
Unless you're planning on modding the device, then a PSVita will open up allot more doors, which i would highly recomend.

I'd probably also play Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, and I have a few free Vita games thanks to PS+

But what is the gameplay like for Gran Turismo PSP? Is it similar to Gran Turismo 2 or 3?

It looks allot like GT4, physics were the same from GT5P i believe, and there's no career.
There are challenges to compete, which work a bit like the licences in previous games, and you get to collect cars with the money you earn from racing.
Up to 3 competitors on track, so 4 cars in total per race.

It's not really comparable with GT's other games, still good in it's own way though.

If you're gonna get a Vita or a PSP for GT PSP, you've not got long cause the PS store will shut down for good later this year.

And trust me, if you want the fastest way to earn money in the game, you will need another Vita or PSP with a copy of this game so you can do multiplayer and get a good chance at these Jackpot Races (probability is always random).

If you're gonna get a Vita or a PSP for GT PSP, you've not got long cause the PS store will shut down for good later this year.

And trust me, if you want the fastest way to earn money in the game, you will need another Vita or PSP with a copy of this game so you can do multiplayer and get a good chance at these Jackpot Races (probability is always random).

I collected all cars and all colours and I didn't do a single online race. Just do a single race with the Pescarolo at Test Course and rubberband the right bumper button as gas. You'll get matched with Escudos with a much lower top speed, that even if you ride the wall the whole race you will still win. Repeat every 10 mins and you'll rack up the cash in no time.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-all-cars-colours-club.124441/

Back