Would you buy a GT2 Remake?

• Thread starter dylpro
  • 31 comments
United States
Illinois
dylpro98
I'm sure many people would agree that GT2 was maybe the best GT of all time, so far (high hopes for GT6!). So I would like to know, do you think PD should make an HD remake for PS3. Leave everything completely the same, and just redo it for PS3. Same cars, same tracks, same everything. Would you buy it? I certainly would. Not that this would ever probably happen, just a hypothetical question. Would you buy it?

No, not if it was left the same. I would play it though if they released it with slightly better graphics and all of the content that was taken out of the game was added to the remake.

It might be cool with today's better technology, but then again... look at NFS Hot Pursuit and soon to be Most Wanted. Nice to try to bring back memories, but over time those memories get distorted. You'll never re-capture the same aura or personality of the game ever again. Sometimes it's best to leave well alone.

I loved GT2, please don't get me wrong, as it is the GT version I've played the most.

Have a good one

It might be cool with today's better technology, but then again... look at NFS Hot Pursuit and soon to be Most Wanted. Nice to try to bring back memories, but over time those memories get distorted. You'll never re-capture the same aura or personality of the game ever again. Sometimes it's best to leave well alone.

I loved GT2, please don't get me wrong, as it is the GT version I've played the most.

Have a good one

I still play GT2 at time. And I still love NFS Hot Pursuit series, but I will admit the new one is terrible. I loved NFS Hot Pursuit 1 and 2 though. I liked a few of the older NFS but the newer ones that all was based on tuners and crap doesn't interest me. Hot pursuit was legendary. Just as much a GT2, in my personal opinion. I know most GT'ers don't like NFS series

The idea is cool but I think it's a similar case to 'don't meet your heroes', GT2 was and still is THE game of my childhood. I still play it to this day, it has a certain spirit/atmosphere that to me, no other game has recreated. A remade version would, in my opinion, probably kill it and I don't think I'd ever be able to return to the proper GT2

That said though GT2 had the best car list so what they should do is take all of the dropped cars and even tracks and put them into the next GT game

I would buy it if everything were left alone except for updated graphics and except for two discs (put the remake all on one disc). I like the variety of cars and tracks, I like the pre-PS2 physics in this game, and I like the menu/interface.

I will on 5 exceptions

1. The 1998 ESSO GT-One and Viper RT/10 Must return
2. Graphics Must be updated
3. Must be one disk
4. Must have Grindlewald and Red Rock
5. BY ALL MEANS NO X2010 / X2011

Make it available as digital download on PSN, make it the same as the original, give an option for original res, upscale to 1080p + the new updated graphics. Also give option for original physics or GT5 level physics. And if PD can do it, give an online mode like GT5 have with original physic only available to use:)

Render it at 1080p (rather than the mess it looks like when you upscale it on the PS3), fix the little niggling bugs and limitations (music repeating, inability to delete times, BMW wheel changes, etc.), remix the sounds for surround sound and don't touch a single thing else and I'd absolutely buy it.

Last edited:
I would have bought it, if they made it for psp. When PSX came out in 2005 they could easily publish an UMD version of it, and with only minor tweaking they could make it run a lot better than the emulated version does. I mean, why didn't they do that? 7 years ago GT2 wasn't even really outdated, if you think GT4's now old as GT2 then was. Since there wasn't any other GT game for that platform every GT lover with a PSP would have bought it, and they would have bought GTPSP as well, being a totally new game released after 4 years. Now there isn't a single living console by sony which lacks gt, and noone should buy GT2.
There's an interesting thing they could do - almost crazy, but I'd find it perfect - : think about a GT1&2 handheld. Not talking about a new console, just one optimized to play that particular games, a sort of Stand-alone. There's plenty of "NES-ON-A-CHIP" china-made consoles that go for 10 dollars, someday psx-on-a-chip will exist (maybe it already does), add 5$ for a 2Gb sd card, 5$ for a screen (production cost), sell it for 40-50 as the "retro GT handheld" and fill your pocket with money without having spent a dollar to try developing neither a new hardware nor a new game.

If it's the same, no, I have GT2 already. If it only has updated PS3 graphics, it would have to be very cheap. If they updated the physics to very realistic levels and added online, yes.

I would have bought it, if they made it for psp. When PSX came out in 2005 they could easily publish an UMD version of it, and with only minor tweaking they could make it run a lot better than the emulated version does. I mean, why didn't they do that?
Because it would be incredibly difficult to get all of the licences for the cars/manufacturers that were in GT2.

My idea is to: improve the graphics, Make all hidden cars buyable, add some music, and make the easy license tests a little harder with better demonstrations. Also, i don't have a PS3, so it should also be remade for PS2.

Abso-freaking-lutely!!!! HOWEVER, the video game Gran Turismo 2 was jarred shortly after its birth just like us humans; it was jarred in a way that left it imperfect, flawed, and far from what its Creator originally intended and envisioned. Also, like us, it needs forgiveness and salvation from a savior. However, unlike us humans, GT2 won't get the eternal salvation from its own creator, oh no, the crackhead that is the modern Kazunori Yamauchi wouldn't give a darn about the old GT games! (Or, he'd change it too much or not enough.) Gran Turismo 2 needs salvation (recreation to a remake) from it's supporters, players, and enthusiasts.

Last edited:
I did make a refinements list of what I wanted in a GT2 remake, so anybody can check that out. :)

Last edited:
I have to agree with post number 2.

I would rather seem them put the time and effort into bringing up GT6 to what it should be.

Fix the Vector M12 entering the Trial Mountain Endurance race when the race is limited to 295hp.

Yes I had the NTSC version when it came out.

XD

Why oh why? Dat Escudo was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AHEM, the Escudo I'd only let race after you PROPERLY, WITHOUT CHEATING FINISH THE GT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP then after beating the World Championship that ban on certain cars racing in "Free" races will be relieved (like i said at the end of my post, there'll be an On/Off switchboard for each feature). Even WITH the ban, I'd still let people drive the Escudo in the one Pikes Peak race it actually has the same equal opponent in and in opponent-less time trials. 👍

Last edited:
Same menu music for certain dealerships... (Dat East Side :drool:) Also, include the "Mark Martin" RM. :b Just an opinion! So..... Yes. Obviously.

Back