Would you buy a PD produced Super GT game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crimson
  • 30 comments
  • 1,894 views

Would you buy a PD produced Super GT game?

  • Yes

    Votes: 18 66.7%
  • No

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Maybe

    Votes: 4 14.8%

  • Total voters
    27
Messages
193
Messages
GTP_Cr1mson
Like the title says, would you buy a PD produced Super GT game, with the physics and graphics of GT5 but with just the cars and circuits used in Super GT?

Perhaps an authentic race calendar with proper race weekends could be added as well. I know Kaz loves Super GT and I think this would be a really cool pursuit for PD.
 
Like the title says, would you buy a PD produced Super GT game, with the physics and graphics of GT5 but with just the cars and circuits used in Super GT?

Perhaps an authentic race calendar with proper race weekends could be added as well. I know Kaz loves Super GT and I think this would be a really cool pursuit for PD.

No. Because this is what should be in GT6.
 
Maybe...if it were an inexpensive DL used as a demo to GT6. If it were a full game, it'd have to blow me away, but if that were the case, it should just be a feature of career mode in the next GT title.
 
Sure I would if it was a good game. You would think that PD could make a better stand alone game than Codemasters and their F1 franchise.
 
Only if it had monster trucks.

But seriously, I would probably buy it only if it cost $30-40 (or just much less than the typical USD $60 for a new game). Restricting the content to Super GT/GT500/JGTC is too narrow when GT5 already has all these, plus rally, snow, kart, and trucks to boot. Yeah I know you mentioned more tracks and a proper racing series, but for me it's not worth full price for Super GT only. Well, maybe if it was an incredibly detailed and simply staggering simulation game, it might be worth full price. Otherwise, no.
 
Only if it had monster trucks.

But seriously, I would probably buy it only if it cost $30-40 (or just much less than the typical USD $60 for a new game). Restricting the content to Super GT/GT500/JGTC is too narrow when GT5 already has all these, plus rally, snow, kart, and trucks to boot. Yeah I know you mentioned more tracks and a proper racing series, but for me it's not worth full price for Super GT only. Well, maybe if it was an incredibly detailed and simply staggering simulation game, it might be worth full price. Otherwise, no.

So by your description, other games that feature only one type of racing series (F1, WRC, NASCAR) should also only be $30-40? :odd:

Because that's basically what this would be.
 
So by your description, other games that feature only one type of racing series (F1, WRC, NASCAR) should also only be $30-40? :odd:

Because that's basically what this would be.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. It is my opinion (which is what the OP asked for) and it is also why I don't own any category- or class-specific racing games. This opinion may change someday as most things do change eventually, but right now this is how I feel.
 
So by your description, other games that feature only one type of racing series (F1, WRC, NASCAR) should also only be $30-40? :odd:

Because that's basically what this would be.

SuperGT would be a lot more limited than those games though, only 7 tracks and 9 rounds. Wouldn't last very long as a standalone game.
 
No offense to the original poster, but I don't understand questions like this... which have absolutely zero percent chance of ever happening. PD can barely handle one title adequately (GT), and many people would argue whether they're handling it adequately at all.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood.
 
It would be AWESOME! But have much better sounds. I think PD should leave something like this till later on, perhaps after GT6 is released.
 
SuperGT would be a lot more limited than those games though, only 7 tracks and 9 rounds. Wouldn't last very long as a standalone game.

Maybe thats good though, they can focus more on the stuff that actually matters like AI, weather, customization, etc.
 
So by your description, other games that feature only one type of racing series (F1, WRC, NASCAR) should also only be $30-40? :odd:

A JGTC game made by PD largely using ported GT5 assets and the GT5 engine? I don't see why anyone would pay $60 for that when half of that stuff is already in GT5. Maybe if they went all out and absolutely loaded it with GT500 and GT300 cars from multiple years.
 
Last edited:
Such game has been made before back in the PSX days, I had it years ago, it was bad, very hard to play, I don't think PD would want to make such standalone game .. unless sponsored by SuperGT Association
 
No offense to the original poster, but I don't understand questions like this... which have absolutely zero percent chance of ever happening. PD can barely handle one title adequately (GT), and many people would argue whether they're handling it adequately at all.


Stranger things have happened.
 
If it was based on GT5 in anyway, it would be a joke unless it was free. "A Super GT game" is what should have been in GT5 anyway, instead of that 2 (?) race "Super GT championship" in the game.

Hopefully GT6 will fix this, whatever licenses they have in that game should basically translate into specific rule/car/track combinations that can be accessed and modified in game for on/offline racing.

I don't think it will ever make much sense for PD to make a stand alone game like this though. Either include it in GT# or make it a DLC pack for GT#.
 
A JGTC game made by PD largely using ported GT5 assets and the GT5 engine? I don't see why anyone would pay $60 for that when half of that stuff is already in GT5. Maybe if they went all out and absolutely loaded it with GT500 and GT300 cars from multiple years.
This.

I'd probably buy it in a heartbeat if it included the 1993-2013 seasons & let you race each one, allowing you to see how the cars developed & changed over the course of 20 years. That along with proper models, sounds, physics (I think I'd let it slide a bit if they included the last 2 decades worth of cars/tracks) & each season to include the correct cars, would be a buy from me.

But, that's a tall task to accomplish despite PD's huge advantage of connections to the teams that have run in the JGTC & data used since GT1.
 
I agree with McLaren. If PD was able to pull in a set of cars from many seasons with proper physics, sounds, etc and tracks that represent changes to the facilities over the years supported with a good career/season mode then I wouldn't mind giving them my money.
 
absolutely, would be awesome if it was an annual thing like NASCAR games are.
 
Only if...
Includes all current teams/drivers of both GT300 and GT500 plus circuits (of whatever year it's released).
The ability to create your own team/driver.
And, as bonus, some classic cars from years gone by

I wouldn't though, if it becomes just like the FIFA and F1 games, were they release one per year with nothing new to it, I would pass.

However, this seams to be the kind of thing for Codemasters. Something they could include in the next GRID game. It's basically what it is for, a game that joins several racing classes that aren't that popular and wouldn't last much as a stand alone game.
 
Still makes more sense to keep it within GT imo. A standalone title wouldn't be a big seller because the worldwide popularity just isn't there for solo game.
 
Still makes more sense to keep it within GT imo.

So far, I believe, the GT series has been one of the few game series that has included the SuperGT (JGTC). Forza and Enthusia are the only other games that I know of that have SuperGT cars.

In the year 2014, SuperGT is going to merge with DTM. This is going to be huge and make the sport more popular. It would be a good move to have some kind of video game by 2015 to reach out a new audience.

And game companies like Codemasters would be all over this.

A standalone title wouldn't be a big seller because the worldwide popularity just isn't there for solo game.

Precisely why I believe this would make more sense to be included in a game like GRID (formally known as TOCA Race Driver series).

There was a JGTC game before you know? Entitled JGTC: All-Japan Grand Touring Car Championship, released in 1998 for the PlayStation. It didn't do so good...mainly because it was sold only in Japan.

573046_13166_front.jpg
 
Or the DTM merger may backfire and completely kill interest in JGTC in Japan. It isn't as if DTM is the healthiest racing series itself anyway, and stripping JGTC of all of its uniqueness hasn't done many wonders for it so far.
 
Agree with Toronado, it really is a double-edged sword with the merge.
 
There was a JGTC game before you know? Entitled JGTC: All-Japan Grand Touring Car Championship, released in 1998 for the PlayStation. It didn't do so good...mainly because it was sold only in Japan.

Aww, you make me want to play that insanely hard to play game again :D I might have to look into my old PSX games boxes stashed somewhere, and play it, this also reminds me of Advan Racing, another Japan imports that I used to play.

By the way, that JGTC games has one of the coolest opening FMV, with nice soundtrack also used on Initial D, it has Ferraris, Porsches, Viper and so many 90's JGTC cars, there are also numerous videos of the drivers of each team as you play the championship, I like to play as Erik Comas:dopey:
 
There was also a crappy JGTC game that came out on the GBA around the time the system launched. I think it was one of the last Top Gear titles.
 
If it includes up to date rosters, all SUPER GT tracks, an equivalent to it's real life counterpart career mode, and multiplayer, OF COURSE. Bonus if they have previous years included in it!

And it's somehow different to GT.
 
_-GT-Championship-GBA-_.jpg


I had this. Not fully licensed but fun for what it was.
 
I wouldn't buy any other PD game.
 
If it just focused on the most recent season of Super GT, then no.
I would only buy it if you could choose to race in other series from the past as well, like in the JGTC days.
And I would hope that PD would include the highly ignored GT300 class, and not just 500. =/
 
Like the title says, would you buy a PD produced Super GT game, with the physics and graphics of GT5 but with just the cars and circuits used in Super GT?

Perhaps an authentic race calendar with proper race weekends could be added as well. I know Kaz loves Super GT and I think this would be a really cool pursuit for PD.

With full on mechanical and cosmetic damage modelling like over-heating and race retirement, full on weather conditions and proper budgeting/ financial system to make it a real career type mode. Yeah. I'd buy it. It'd need to include all types of touring car racing though, not just GT500.
 
Back