Would you ever consider adding a Host options for improvements of the online multiplayer?

• Thread starter amar212
  • 23 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
Majority of GT online is executed through organized races and community leagues.

Vast majority of those races is executed through using the same car by all participants in order to get leveled field of competition.

There is 1 simple option that could elevate the online multiplayer experience by grand scale and it falls under something I call Host Tuning Options.

Imagine the following options - applicable if Tuning Parts are allowed, with the Host dictating the tunes:

Host Tuning: None / Parts Only / Adjust Open / Adjust Apply

None - Host Tuning options are disabled completely

Parts Only - player car is eligible at race only with same tuning parts installed as on the Host Car (there is an option to auto-tune car with appropriate tuning parts if exact parts are not fitted on the car - players pays for upgrades on the tuning menu)

Adjust Open - player can adjust values on the installed tuning parts by their preference (in comply to Parts Only option)

Adjust Apply - all cars in lobby automatically share the same adjustment values of the tuning parts as Host Car (in comply to Parts Only option)

Is such option possible in the GT6 online multiplayer engine?

Last edited:
Great idea, I have a 5th option that may be appealing as well. You know how in some Time Trials we're 'given' a loan car? What if, the host could tune a car to exactly as they want it, then set that as the 'loan car' that everyone else could borrow (and possible alter/not alter)?

Great idea, I have a 5th option that may be appealing as well. You know how in some Time Trials we're 'given' a loan car? What if, the host could tune a car to exactly as they want it, then set that as the 'loan car' that everyone else could borrow (and possible alter/not alter)?

Yes, I was thinking about Loan car option, but it would go against the main principle / philosophy where the player has to "buy" and "own" a car to participate.

Giving money for the "loan" to host would also be skewing the principle, because host does not have 15 cars to "loan", only his.

Simple solution would be to add the option for tuning the (chosen) car automatically by the Host Car parts-tuning setup and paying for the parts accordingly - which would fit into the philosophy of the game. I altered the "Parts Only" option accordingly. Thank you for your support and feedback 👍

I've wanted options like this since Tuning Prohibited was first introduced. Just the option to have non-adjustable parts installed under Tuning Prohibited would even be great, it's a bit simple but would still dramatically increase the usefulness for online leagues/clubs.

Giving money for the "loan" to host would also be skewing the principle, because host does not have 15 cars to "loan", only his.

Oh no, I mean simpler than that, forget actually loaning cars like we do in the game (that's borrowing a car), I mean creating a blueprint car, which is duplicated (for free, no cr spent by anyone but the host who configures the car), so when the race begins, all cars are identical, the host only needs one car to set as the blueprint, everyone else has the car for purposes of the race, but doesnt' actually get to own the car.

Yes, I was thinking about Loan car option, but it would go against the main principle / philosophy where the player has to "buy" and "own" a car to participate.

Simple solution would be to add the option for tuning the (chosen) car automatically by the Host Car parts-tuning setup and paying for the parts accordingly - which would fit into the philosophy of the game. I altered the "Parts Only" option accordingly. Thank you for your support and feedback 👍

I'm not sure a "loaner car" would be that tough to accept. It wouldn't be really any different than what we have now as the Courtesy Cars(which are woefully lacking in comparison to the also very inadequate list in GT5). I also wouldn't really consider it as a paid deal, just setting the car for people to use just like it works now only with any car we choose.

What I would see as ideal would be to have - at least as an option - for the game to use one of your personally owned cars and apply the selected template to that, and simply provide one(possibly with a choice of color) to people in the lobby who don't have one, like the Courtesy Cars. That may of course prove difficult for a variety of reasons, but however it is implemented I would love to see the main concept here happen. I also have been wishing for this sort of "host-garage-one-make" since the first time I saw the poorly named "Select From Garage" option in the GT5 online lobbies.

Another one off my wishlist, way to go Amar! 👍

VBR
11) Tuning Restrictions In Online Lobbies: Why is it practically 'all or nothing' when it comes to tuning restrictions in online lobbies? You either allow us to tune, or not; why so black & white? Is there any reason for this? Please, give hosts the option to enable or disable each tuning function individually in online lobbies (& to set up then lock the gear ratios). Think of the potential variety of races that could be made by the community if only they were given these options! Also, please allow us to specify which individual car or cars are eligible, all you'd need to do is add 1 more tickbox option to the sort by Country/Manufacturer options.

Source.

If this ever makes it into a GT game I hope they consider tire differences as well. It's of the essence that everyone uses the same tires.

BTW no tuning allowed (everyone with the exact same cars) is one of the main reasons why people loved shuffle racing.

edit: If I could add a personal wish related to this, a "no drafting" option would come very handy, especially for go karts. Reason is so that players can compete on who's fastest under the exact same conditions.

This would be wonderful and is something many of us have wanted for ages. I can see a CRAP tuning series where a car is purposely CRAPified and attendees all drive it.

In addition to this I'd like for a host to be able to assign 16 (or more) of their tuned or stock cars to a room and those cars could be used in a shuffle mode way. The list would be one that a host could previously save. That way the host can do the balancing/spreading of the field prior to the event. Cars will then be allocated to driver based on options like previous race result, random, fastest lap of previous race or the choice of the host.

Another option could be for a host to assign multiple other hosts who would be allowed to change room/race options/press go

Last edited:
Back