Would you have preferred GT7 launch to be delayed further?

• Thread starter RacingFan1
  • 44 comments

What would you prefer?

• Total voters
Spain
Spain
I open this thread since some people complain that the game doesn't have enough GT mode events and races right now to get money and cars.
we have two choices, the one we actually got, or wait more and get more stuff right from launch.
So, question is simple, what would you prefer? Vote

Last edited:
I open this thread since some people complain that the game doesn't have enough GT mode events and races right now to get money and cars.
we have two choices, the one we actually got, or wait more and get more stuff right from launch.
So, question is simple, what would you prefer? Vote
Yeah, you probably need to add @Nielsen 's remark as an option on your poll because that is likely what is going on here. Drip feeding cut content.

Reducing game's content on purpose? That makes no sense to me
There were events found in videos that did not make it to the final game. Hyper car and Gr.1 races. We don't know how many were cut.

They will be added eventually. They've been withheld for future updates.

Do you play many games? It's been standard in AAA games for years now. Mass Effect 3 comes to mind. Now it's pretty much everyone. It gives the illusion that the game is actively being worked on and supported without any actual effort.
I don't know if it's intentional, but it certainly makes one wonder why GT Sport already has a League mode and GT7 does not, especially since they are based around similar game engines.

As for the question of a delay, no. Because the same economy problems would be there. More missions to run won't solve the basic issues. It's good that Kaz is getting a wake-up call now and is realizing that players aren't going to put up with it, though I don't have great hope after his public letter that Kaz will take the criticisms to heart.

Do you play many games? It's been standard in AAA games for years now. Mass Effect 3 comes to mind. Now it's pretty much everyone. It gives the illusion that the game is actively being worked on and supported without any actual effort.
I have no idea, I just play them and don't focus so much on what developers do.
There were events found in videos that did not make it to the final game. Hyper car and Gr.1 races. We don't know how many were cut.

They will be added eventually. They've been withheld for future updates.
Maybe there was a reason for it, maybe AI for those specific events having some issues.

Yeah, I'm not sure the problems with GT7 would be improved by giving them more time. If they wanted extra events, I see no reason why there wasn't time to add them. Even if they add more events post-launch, that doesn't mean that they were unable to do it before launch.

The only thing about GT7 that feels rushed is the huge regression/step back the online servers and stability have taken compared to GTS. That seems like it should’ve had a lot more attention paid to it. Now it feels like we’re right back in GT6-land again (even worse in a lot of respects).

Most of the single player design decisions would be the same no matter what.

Last edited:
The only thing about GT7 that feels rushed is the huge regression/step back the online servers and stability have taken compared to GTS. That seems like it should’ve had a lot more attention paid to it. Now it feels like we’re right back in GT6-land again (even worse in a lot of respects).

Most of the single player design decisions would be the same no matter what.
You don't think the complete lack of races using anything faster than a Group 3 / 800 PP car feels rushed?

100% would rather it been delayed. Though I don't know it would have made a difference with the deliberately broken economy, having all the races/cups/championships the series has always had would have certainly made it sting a little less.

Nothing about the game structure as it is now has anything to do with the release date it came out on.
Yeeeep. Even if it had more content, even if it came out in November instead of now, it simply would have been kicking the can down the road considering how hellbent Polyphony were in trying to monetize the game in about the most brazen way possible, with little care taken towards customer's complaints before or after the fact.

The whole GT series has been about delayed launches, and bugs, and patches. I'd rather they launch something pretty good, take care of major issues while the overall content is smaller and more manageable, and then roll out additional content when it's really ready. It could have been so much worse.
I'm as annoyed as anyone about the MT costs, but I gladly paid for DLC on the previous releases. And overall, I'm glad to see the return of so much that you have to work for, along with adjustable difficulty for more challenge. With online racing too!
Overall I'm not unhappy and I'm looking forward to what is to come.

I think PD mis-judged how much content was necessary upon release.

IMO their plan was to ship the game with a base amount of content that would have at least held players over until the first major content update. Most AAA games these days do this as a way to keep steady player engagement throughout the lifespan of the game.

I think it's wrong calling stuff that's absent as "cut" content in this day and age - it's "held back until a further date". Cut implies it was scrapped or totally removed, when we know there's at least another 20 menu books, likely Gr.2 and Gr.1 championships and world circuit events, etc.

I still think they should have given us the facade of a finished game, with all 60 menu books and all the offline championships ready-to-ship. They've got Sport Mode to keep the game active and build momentum ffs.

You don't think the complete lack of races using anything faster than a Group 3 / 800 PP car feels rushed?
It feels like a choice, honestly. They've got a race creator tool for the players, and Polyphony almost certainly have a more powerful version of that for themselves so it's not like creating races is super hard or time consuming. They've got the bones of a campaign from GTS if they wanted to use it, plus all the historical races from older GTs that they could just copy if they were feeling lazy.

I struggle to see the impediment to just throwing a bunch more higher class races in, because it's not like the ones that are in there are highly crafted and polished as it is. And so given that it feels like they did it on purpose, the obvious question that raises is "why would they do that?"

There are no happy answers to this question. Even if the truth is that it was rushed and they just ran out of time, running out of time for the basic campaign mode in your game that's been in development for five years is... not great.

I hate driving Group 3 or faster so that’s fine by me. There was plenty of Group 1, 2 and Super Formula in GTS and it’s the same car roster so why do we need the same thing again?

I hate driving Group 3 or faster so that’s fine by me. There was plenty of Group 1, 2 and Super Formula in GTS and it’s the same car roster so why do we need the same thing again?
Uh, maybe because some people like it.

That said, I don’t really have a problem with the metered content approach, as long as it’s in a reasonable time frame. Periodic renewals of the content help to keep the game fresh. So I’m looking forward to the additional Menu Books covering Gr 3, Gr 2 and Gr 1.

Uh, maybe because some people like it.

That said, I don’t really have a problem with the metered content approach, as long as it’s in a reasonable time frame. Periodic renewals of the content help to keep the game fresh. So I’m looking forward to the additional Menu Books covering Gr 3, Gr 2 and Gr 1.
And maybe some people hate it like the devil, so why can't there be both? There were live service events in GT5 already, but not as replacement, but as an addition to all the regular content.

Last edited:
It feels like a choice, honestly. They've got a race creator tool for the players, and Polyphony almost certainly have a more powerful version of that for themselves so it's not like creating races is super hard or time consuming. They've got the bones of a campaign from GTS if they wanted to use it, plus all the historical races from older GTs that they could just copy if they were feeling lazy.

I struggle to see the impediment to just throwing a bunch more higher class races in, because it's not like the ones that are in there are highly crafted and polished as it is. And so given that it feels like they did it on purpose, the obvious question that raises is "why would they do that?"

There are no happy answers to this question. Even if the truth is that it was rushed and they just ran out of time, running out of time for the basic campaign mode in your game that's been in development for five years is... not great.
defo. I'm not a software dev, so may not understand difficulties they face, but they;ve had so long. struggle to believe they ran out of time to include a load of stuff.

If people had signed my petition back with the PC2 scam launch all developers might be forced to release fully functioning games by now and this wouldn't be a problem.

CCR do not protect consumers from games sales. Games have special dispensation and until that ends not only will you get games with ever worse problems at launch but soon some will be outright scams. The only thing protecting consumers from that at the moment is "honour" amongst developers.

Oh well if customers don't want laws to suit themselves I guess we're happy getting stung.

Last edited:
If people had signed my petition back with the PC2 scam launch all developers might be forced to release fully functioning games by now and this wouldn't be a problem.

CCR do not protect consumers from games sales. Games have special dispensation and until that ends not only will you get games with ever worse problems at launch but soon some will be outright scams. The only thing protecting consumers from that at the moment is "honour" amongst developers.

Oh well if customers don't want laws to suit themselves I guess we're happy getting stung.
You think your little petition would have changed laws worldwide? Crikey, that's some ego you've got there.

Let me think....

Attachments

• 1108673.jpg
    1108673.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 8
Like has been said, I don't think the main issues are down to a lack of time, they've just cut the content. We saw how quick they were to nerf the rewards, they could inject a dozen new varied races with high rewards by the end of the week if they wanted.

Now to implament a proper single player campaign would take time, and for that I would have happily waited an extra 6 month.

Last edited:
Back