• 91 comments

Do you like Moon Over the Castle as a intro music in GT6 or not

• Yes, i like to hear Moon Over the Castle in GT6 in all versions

Votes: 102 66.2%
  • No, I rather have diff. intro music

Votes: 52 33.8%

• Total voters
Yes MOTC must return.
I see it as the GT theme replacing it would be like replacing 'The Simpsons' theme or 'Starsky & Hutch' theme with wow wow wow wow wow wow wow.(series 2 theme terrible)
I especially liked the GT4 Eeu version merged with Kasabian.

Yes MOTC must return.
I see it as the GT theme replacing it would be like replacing 'The Simpsons' theme or 'Starsky & Hutch' theme with wow wow wow wow wow wow wow.(series 2 theme terrible)
I especially liked the GT4 Eeu version merged with Kasabian.

Where have you heard it so much to think that, out of interest? GT4 is the only game in the EU where the song featured in the intro AFAIK. That's another reason I found the clamoring for the song so strange when I got online years ago, so much talk of it being almost like the GT theme tune and to me it meant nothing.

Um.. I don't think Kaz is making the intros to be honest, and you should multi-quote or edit your post instead of double posting.
It's not to say that he is fully creating the intros, but I read from an interview a while ago, he at first wanted to be a movie director and that he manages the replays and all that.

Where have you heard it so much to think that, out of interest? GT4 is the only game in the EU where the song featured in the intro AFAIK. That's another reason I found the clamoring for the song so strange when I got online years ago, so much talk of it being almost like the GT theme tune and to me it meant nothing.

Well it's really a personal preference.
GT4 is my favourite intro in the GT series with GT2 a close second.
As a theme I know it's not like TV or film but there a some similarities
I liked it and I guess not everyone listens to video game intros through skipping etc.
A theme tune is probably a bit to far but I don't mind the idea of it.

Keep to MOTC for some ending movie or bonus ending movie (combined with some new rock/electronic song).
And yes, its cheesy as has been said :)

I've liked what PD have come up with for the American versions of Gran Turismo so far (original GT5 notwithstanding, but GT4 in particular), and I'd like to see them continue that far more than fussing around with a "theme tune" that sounds kinda like filler music from a Dreamcast racing game and is hardly an essential part of the experience when it has been hidden away to Japan the entire time.

There should be the "I don't care" option. Moon over the Castle is a very cool song, but I don't buy a videogame for the intro or the music intro. I just watch it 1 time and then I skip forever so, I don't care. There are more important things to worry about.

One word: absolutely. Don't just put in some song just for a certain market just so I can relate to it. I'd say the final straw of not having "Moon Over the Castle" as an opening song was when My Chemical Romance provided the music for the GT5 intro. Gran Turismo's theme is and always has been "Moon Over the Castle." Look at it like this- James Bond has the same sort of intro music, even though individual movies have different themes. The theme to "Moonraker" is different from the likes of "Diamonds are Forever," "You Only Live Twice," and "Die Another Day"; but the same introductory theme and music are in just about all James Bond movies. Why screw that up?

"Moon Over the Castle" for GT6 or no intro music at all. And don't just put in a certain theme for a certain market just so I can relate or care.

I'm indifferent. If they decide so, I hope it's like GT4, where it's only on the beginning with the slow chorus part and another song replacing the heavy guitar version, and also a different remix. With GT4 and the Vision Trailer, you can see that it can easily transition to any song.

It's an underwhelming song that's overwhelmingly cheesy.

It's not to say that he is fully creating the intros, but I read from an interview a while ago, he at first wanted to be a movie director and that he manages the replays and all that.

I don't think micromanaging relatively inconsequential sections of the game such as replays is really a good way to run a business when there are much more glaring concerns.

so far Moon Over the Castle hasn't appeared yet in US/EU versions of GT except GT4 during the introduction then cuts to Panama by Van Halen

I want this, where they do an orchestral version or a snippet of Moon Over the Castle followed by another song-because that was epic (in EU/AUS it was Moon Over the Castle followed by the song Reason is Treason).

Although it's the 15th Anniversary so PD could be Nostalgic with putting the full song Moon Over The Castle as the intro music in all versions as an honour to the original GT (being the first time they implemented it), or bring back Just a Day in honour of their greatest GT game considered by many (GT3).

No i'd rather have a new song for the intro I dont like Moon over the castle.
But the way they did it for Gt4 like the guy above me said, was pretty cool imo.

My answer is a big YES! It should be optional though as we can tell here in the comments, not everyone is a fan of the song and we all have our opinions.

To me though, Moon Over the Castle is really the main theme about GT. I know this is going to sound cheesy to say, but I think it's the song that helps reflect what the franchise has been about; showing what there is to love about cars, the culture around them, and the fun of driving. I also like the tune some of the various versions I've heard lately. Of course, I have multiple tastes in music.

Don't quote me on this, but honestly, I think Kaz is getting sick of "MOtC" and seems to have now taken a preference towards Daiki Kasho, instead. I mean, why else did we hear his music a lot in recent trailers? Not to mention giving him his own concert last year?

And why else did "5OUL ON D!SPLAY" replace "MOtC" as its opening in all regions in the Spec II update?

Honestly, I think we'll be getting the new Kasho song from the Gamescom trailer as the opening, not "MOtC." But again, don't quote me on this.

They should just do what they did with the US version of GT4...use an orchestral version for the first half, then switch to something else. I don't care for the second half of MOTC. As for what the second song would be, these three come to mind (2 of which were from GT3).

Though, if they used just one song, this comes to mind.

after listening to it again since GT2, it's 100x worse than i remember. you could not produce a cheesier 80's esque track if you locked yourself in a studio for the next 10 years.

Back