Would you mind if GT5 looks like GT4?

• Thread starter 911_gt3_rs
  • 62 comments

should PD use GT4's car and track models/textures?

• Yes 👍

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • No 👎

Votes: 83 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, I would mind if it looked like GT4. Ok, more than likely it would be put into high-definition, all the extra cars, special effects and all, but I'm hoping the "new experience" of next generation graphics will keep me interested in the series. GT4 looks good, but I got bored with it quickly. More cars would be interesting, but it still won't feel special enough IMO.

What I mean is that I have an Xbox 360, and at the time I've started to dislike arcade-style racing games. I decided to get PGR3 just to see what it was like. And guess what? I liked it. It was the whole special feel to the thing. A GT4 looking GT5 would just spoil that for me. It needs to feel special and new, so you become interested in it again. I want it to be up there with the graphics of other PS3 games too, otherwise I will feel a dissapointment after playing such a great game.

People may say it's the gamplay that counts, but for me, the graphics play a very large part in my gaming.

Edit. :lol: I just realised I've posted in this thread before. Funny how my opinion changed after some time. :dunce:

G.T
Yes, I would mind if it looked like GT4. Ok, more than likely it would be put into high-definition, all the extra cars, special effects and all, but I'm hoping the "new experience" of next generation graphics will keep me interested in the series. GT4 looks good, but I got bored with it quickly. More cars would be interesting, but it still won't feel special enough IMO.

What I mean is that I have an Xbox 360, and at the time I've started to dislike arcade-style racing games. I decided to get PGR3 just to see what it was like. And guess what? I liked it. It was the whole special feel to the thing. A GT4 looking GT5 would just spoil that for me. It needs to feel special and new, so you become interested in it again. I want it to be up there with the graphics of other PS3 games too, otherwise I will feel a dissapointment after playing such a great game.

People may say it's the gamplay that counts, but for me, the graphics play a very large part in my gaming.

Edit. :lol: I just realised I've posted in this thread before. Funny how my opinion changed after some time. :dunce:

Hehe lol:lol:

Well your right but games tend to be focussed, too much, on graphics. So that wont become a problem if everything will go as expected;) IMO GT4 was too much focussed on the graphics while not on gameplay, and still I didn't see a huge difference between GT4 and GT3, a waste of effort IMO.

I would mind. GT4 does look fantastic, but when they have so much power to make so much of GT5 they better damn well use it...no excuses and no substitutes...GT5 has to be a game to push the PS3's limits in graphics aswell as other areas.

Back