Would you pay for engine swaps

Would you pay for an engine swap

• Yes more than 5$ to unlock all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes 1$ per engine swap

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Heck, I bet most people here haven't gained any swaps or even rare car parts at all.
I haven't won any engine swaps but I've won several of the special parts.... for cars I don't own and don't want to own. Stage 5 weight reductions are worthless to me under these circumstances.

Stupid system :grumpy:

I haven't won any engine swaps but I've won several of the special parts.... for cars I don't own and don't want to own. Stage 5 weight reductions are worthless to me under these circumstances.

Stupid system :grumpy:
It would be really cool if we had an auction house for special parts, swaps and cars.Those weight reductions are probably very valuable to someone

Wait wait wait, do you mean as in paying in-game money for the engine swaps just like any other upgrade? or do you mean as in directly paying real money for a "DLC" that unlocks the option to do so?

Seriously though, who in the blue hell thought that locking the engines behind the roulette spin was such a good idea??

You can't directly buy new roulette spins so the Developers won't gain anything from it and from the design point, it's the stupidest decision ever made.

Just add a mileage exchange that rotates ramdomly for every player once a day , this exchange has 20 random parts . tada problem solved

Ah, the question that was implied by having engine swaps gated behind random roulettes - you sure you wouldn't like to pay some money to avoid this inconvenience that Polyphony intentionally engineered into the game?

No. I would not like to pay real money for what should be a basic car modification. Make it expensive as far as credits go if that's deemed appropriate (I'd rather it be affordable so that people can enjoy making fun builds, but that GT7 seems to be leaning towards exclusivity rather than accessibility).

If Polyphony wants more money for what is at this point a pretty standard feature of the genre, then they can make an engine swap DLC that you can pay for. $10 for an addon that allows swapping engines into cars. Or just charge more money for the game up front.
You can't directly buy new roulette spins so the Developers won't gain anything from it and from the design point, it's the stupidest decision ever made.
You can't buy new roulette spins now. I wouldn't put any money that the intention was to never sell roulette spins, I suspect that they were just staging the introduction of the "live service"/F2P systems and the backlash has caught them out.

I'm fairly sure that they won't sell roulette spins now because that would just be a free opportunity for everyone to dunk on them even more. Anything that looked like a paid lootbox system would destroy any credibility they have. But if the system was designed around selling roulette spins, then it just means that anything that is roulette accessible only will be super rare.

Pride and accomplishment through randomness.

You can't buy new roulette spins now. I wouldn't put any money that the intention was to never sell roulette spins, I suspect that they were just staging the introduction of the "live service"/F2P systems and the backlash has caught them out.

I'm fairly sure that they won't sell roulette spins now because that would just be a free opportunity for everyone to dunk on them even more. Anything that looked like a paid lootbox system would destroy any credibility they have. But if the system was designed around selling roulette spins, then it just means that anything that is roulette accessible only will be super rare.

Pride and accomplishment through randomness.
Makes total sense, very Activision move there Polyphony.

Actually, didn't PDI add MTX into GT Sport months after they said that they won't bring it back?

Last edited:
Back