Would you pay for or even use a "God" mode Red Bull X2014?

United States
Tennessee
tnfedexman
That is a Red Bull X2014 that is usable in any and all races regardless of restrictions. A guaranteed winner for all career and seasonal events. In light of the recent expert challenges, it occurred to me I just don't want to grind anymore for those last seconds just to unlock a paint chip. Without a difficulty slider, GT6 has no way of making a casual gamer (me) stick with it for long. Some may scoff, that's fine. I'm a big boy, I can handle it.

I'd rather the A-spec events weren't PP limited that's the only change we need, So what if I want to go around the track as fast as I choose I used to enjoy trying to lap every AI car in GT5 as many times as possible. So no I wouldn't pay for some kind of God mode RedBull, They should stick to making beverages not being seen everywhere.

And I wish I could do it again:lol:
It kinda took all the fun out for me, I realized halfway in.

"Okay, now, to shop for a classic muscle car for this race"

"Wait, I already own every single one"

Still though, I'm glad I bought the 20millions I wanted, the Ford and Ferrari are a blast.

If it was available to use on the seasonal events, it would ruin them. So it would be a "who puts more money on this" game.

Think about it, you register a perfect time with a normal car and you get gold but when you check the online ranking you are two minutes behind. (Without thinking about the position.)

That is a Red Bull X2014 that is usable in any and all races regardless of restrictions. A guaranteed winner for all career and seasonal events. In light of the recent expert challenges, it occurred to me I just don't want to grind anymore for those last seconds just to unlock a paint chip. Without a difficulty slider, GT6 has no way of making a casual gamer (me) stick with it for long. Some may scoff, that's fine. I'm a big boy, I can handle it.

If it's just a paint chip, then why are you so bothered about getting it or not?

Obtaining things in GT used to feel like it was worth something. Why do people these days just want to be given everything?

aZWq2jX_460sa_v1.gif

Without a difficulty slider, GT6 has no way of making a casual gamer (me) stick with it for long.

I fail to see how rendering the entire game comically easy, and therefore completely pointless, will increase the longevity of the game among casual users. Since you yourself admit that the lack of a difficulty slider is the problem, would not asking for a difficulty slider make much more sense than asking for a God-mode Red Bull? That won't fix the root of the problem.

Maybe if we get the Game Genie for the PS3 and we could then have unlimited P-wings for all the cars and just fly around the tracks and avoid all the koopa-troopas
But then We wouldn't have to watch out for the giant gaping holes in the ground that appear to be portals to hell!

What you're really asking is "If there was a button that you could push to win all the races instantly, would you push it?"

My answer is no. If the game is so little fun to play that you'd skip the gameplay entirely to get to the "rewards" (Paint chip, ha!), I'd rather just not play the game at all.

I'd rather just grind the Red Bull events for money and buy cars that are fun to drive, unlike the Red Bulls which remind me of getting a root canal, for the other events.

Oh wait I already do that.

No, I wouldn't. I already regret glitching the game to have every car I ever wanted.
I didn't take advantage of the credit glitch in v1.0 -- this was my first Gran Turismo game (I'm not a 'gamer' at all) and I thought if I did that I would completely ruin the point of the game, which I thought at the time was to progress through the game with racing wins which would give me credits to purchase the cars I want/need for future events.

Now, however, I kind of wish I would have at least bought myself a few $20,000,000 cars with the credit glitch. I'm not a grinder. I can't even place 1st in the Red Bull events/Vettel Challenge. So, I've technically progressed well through the Career Mode and now I'm a little upset that the $15,000,000 Miura is the most expensive car I own (my balance is $11,000,000). It doesn't look like I'll be purchasing any $20,000,000 cars in the near future.

I find it so strange that there are so many people who complain that this game is "too easy" and "not challenging enough" but a lot of those people are also the ones who bought almost every car with the credit glitch and if they could just be given every paint chip or other bonus item for practically nothing, they would hop on that opportunity in an instant.

I didn't take advantage of the credit glitch in v1.0 -- this was my first Gran Turismo game (I'm not a 'gamer' at all) and I thought if I did that I would completely ruin the point of the game, which I thought at the time was to progress through the game with racing wins which would give me credits to purchase the cars I want/need for future events.

Now, however, I kind of wish I would have at least bought myself a few $20,000,000 cars with the credit glitch. I'm not a grinder. I can't even place 1st in the Red Bull events/Vettel Challenge. So, I've technically progressed well through the Career Mode and now I'm a little upset that the $15,000,000 Miura is the most expensive car I own (my balance is $11,000,000). It doesn't look like I'll be purchasing any $20,000,000 cars in the near future.

I find it so strange that there are so many people who complain that this game is "too easy" and "not challenging enough" but a lot of those people are also the ones who bought almost every car with the credit glitch and if they could just be given every paint chip or other bonus item for practically nothing, they would hop on that opportunity in an instant.
I'd love the every paint chip thing, but, If I could somehow delete my save without having to re do the licenses, I'd do it. I really wish I hadn't done it. Took the fun out of hitting a new pp bracket in Single player. No car shopping, because I already had it all.

Too many games are using the "pay-us-a-little-so-you-can-beat-the-game-with-barely-any-effort" model. One example would be that eagle thing in Angry Birds. Games that take away gameplay are never fun. It's like using no-clip and an aimbot in a first person shooter. No effort whatsoever and it isn't fun after a while. I would rather work to complete the game, even if some races can be insanely difficult. Since I'm a part of the world's largest Gran Turismo forum, then I can almost certainly find a couple of people who can provide me with tips and advice on how to win races.

This whole concept defeats the very idea of racing. It is way too overpowered and unfair. I can say that as long as Kaz is in charge of PD, he would never do something like this. If the bastards at EA took control of PD, then they probably would try to pull something like this.

I'd love the every paint chip thing, but, If I could somehow delete my save without having to re do the licenses, I'd do it. I really wish I hadn't done it. Took the fun out of hitting a new pp bracket in Single player. No car shopping, because I already had it all.

Every now and then I think "Damn...why didn't I just do the credit glitch so I could have that Ferrari 250 GTO, Ferrari 330 P4 and Jaguar XJ13 Chrome Line?! I'm NEVER going to save up $60,000,000 for those three cars and I'm NEVER got to purchase credits with real money..." But then I figure they're just cars. Cars that aren't even particularly fantastic around the race tracks to boot.

I completely understand why you're feeling the way you are. You're right...A lot of the fun in Career Mode is trying to figure out which car you can afford for your next race. And choose well because if you can't get through those races with the car you just purchased you might not have enough credits left to purchase another car to run those events.

For full disclosure, I must admit that I didn't start Gran Turismo 6 with a completely empty garage because I was fortunate to have picked up the 15th Anniversary Edition at Game Stop. I had no idea what the 15th Anniversary Edition even meant. I just happened to be in a Game Stop with a friend who was looking for games for his daughter's new XBox One and he mentioned that I could have her old Driving Force GT since she sold her PS3 to get the XBox One. I had remembered seeing some commercials for Gran Turismo 6 and thought it looked pretty cool, so I figured "why not? My PS3 is just collecting dust and I've got a free steering wheel to use with the game..." Personally, I do not understand why anyone would play this game without a steering wheel. But, that's another matter for another discussion... Anyway, having those 15th Anniversary Edition cars to use was a tremendous advantage in the beginning.

Every now and then I think "Damn...why didn't I just do the credit glitch so I could have that Ferrari 250 GTO, Ferrari 330 P4 and Jaguar XJ13 Chrome Line?! I'm NEVER going to save up $60,000,000 for those three cars and I'm NEVER got to purchase credits with real money..." But then I figure they're just cars. Cars that aren't even particularly fantastic around the race tracks to boot.

I completely understand why you're feeling the way you are. You're right...A lot of the fun in Career Mode is trying to figure out which car you can afford for your next race. And choose well because if you can't get through those races with the car you just purchased you might not have enough credits left to purchase another car to run those events.

For full disclosure, I must admit that I didn't start Gran Turismo 6 with a completely empty garage because I was fortunate to have picked up the 15th Anniversary Edition at Game Stop. I had no idea what the 15th Anniversary Edition even meant. I just happened to be in a Game Stop with a friend who was looking for games for his daughter's new XBox One and he mentioned that I could have her old Driving Force GT since she sold her PS3 to get the XBox One. I had remembered seeing some commercials for Gran Turismo 6 and thought it looked pretty cool, so I figured "why not? My PS3 is just collecting dust and I've got a free steering wheel to use with the game..." Personally, I do not understand why anyone would play this game without a steering wheel. But, that's another matter for another discussion... Anyway, having those 15th Anniversary Edition cars to use was a tremendous advantage in the beginning.
I picked up the anniversary edition as well. Loved the xbow. But man, I screwed this up, and so did PD. Why did they make you pick a specific first car? That was half the fun!

When gt7 comes around, glitch or no glitch, if I buy the game, I'm not using it.

Fan cars are already God Mode cars. They have more downforce than anything out there, can take a corner faster than anything else, and can strut past any car on a proper race track.

Leave them to the kids online so that they can be kicked out just for getting them out, like it has been since 2010.

If you want real racing, organize one and go online.

Fan cars are already God Mode cars. They have more downforce than anything out there, can take a corner faster than anything else, and can strut past any car on a proper race track.

Leave them to the kids online so that they can be kicked out just for getting them out, like it has been since 2010.

If you want real racing, organize one and go online.

Just tonight in a thread about the current Seasonal Events I read a post from a GTPlanet member who stated his disappointment at how ridiculously easy the Expert Level event was in his Chaparral 2J. He definitely gave me the impression that he was quite displeased with the three Seasonal Events. The first thought that popped into my head was "Well, why not try the Expert Level event with a different car - not the (arguably) best car in the game?" Now, perhaps this particular person is such a good driver, he would easily win with just about any car, but if that is the case, wouldn't you TRY a lesser quality car to make it more of a challenge?

BTW, I mean no disrespect to the person I'm talking about in this post. I'm guilty of running certain cars that are head and shoulders above others in a particuar event also. Usually I wait until I know I can't achieve Gold with other cars in my garage before I turn to the one that everyone seems to be using...but that's just me.

No. Because:

- I have far too many other things to worry about then how easy a game is.

- I can easily earn far more credits in the span of a day then the amount you have to pay for the PSN store credits. Also, I already payed to played this game once, I'm not shelling out anymore money just to get through.

- I'm grinding and I'm just fine with that. Its not tiring to me as I only have 6 big money cars I'm going after so once I get all those, I'm done. If I need more money, it'll just be my bank.

Besides, God mode is boring to me.

Why would you bother grinding just for a paint chip....?

Grind to win a cool/ VGT car I can understand.

I get annoyed with myself for using other peoples tunes to get golds. I'd prefer if i had the time to play and tune each car from scratch myself

Latest Posts

Back