Would you prefer a significant upgrade in the weather system?

• Thread starter Duphman
  • 35 comments
Have an option that the lobby owner could change the weather to (Reality Mode), and it gets info from those weather websites and implement it to the track ... One feature that would be amazing is how in real life different parts of the track have different precipitation percentages .. One side of the track might be wet while the other is fully dry .. And how the driving lines get dryer and dryer overtime as cars drive on them -depending on how long the track is, the weather, how many cars using the driving line and how often .. Real-Time Weather Synchronization .. do the same with time of day and fog .. oooo the green hell in fog ooooooooooo :drool:

fbmautopilot
I would like to have the ability to set the surface water permanently when the weather change is set to 0.

^^^That tooo ... nice one ..

What resources does it need?

I would guess the money required for the services of weather stations and the work hours required to implement the weather data into the game. Perhaps 'utter waste' was a slight exaggeration, but I feel that an area like this should be extremely low on the priority list, especially when improvements in what many think should be high-priority aspects of gameplay (sounds) will not be ready for release.

I think the current weather system is sufficient. Just implement it consistently on all tracks.

Have an option that the lobby owner could change the weather to (Reality Mode), and it gets info from those weather websites and implement it to the track ... One feature that would be amazing is how in real life different parts of the track have different precipitation percentages .. One side of the track might be wet while the other is fully dry .. And how the driving lines get dryer and dryer overtime as cars drive on them -depending on how long the track is, the weather, how many cars using the driving line and how often .. Real-Time Weather Synchronization .. do the same with time of day and fog .. oooo the green hell in fog ooooooooooo :drool:

That would be a really neat feature. Improved realism when it comes to weather would be a nice upgrade, including things like track and air temperature affecting the grip levels. I'm pretty sure I've seen air temps on some GT6 videos so perhaps they are working on that already.

I would guess the money required for the services of weather stations and the work hours required to implement the weather data into the game. Perhaps 'utter waste' was a slight exaggeration, but I feel that an area like this should be extremely low on the priority list, especially when improvements in what many think should be high-priority aspects of gameplay (sounds) will not be ready for release.

I don't think either of those things are a significant issue when these weather services are specifically set up to be queried in this way. I'm sure I could write something in less than an hour that pulls the weather data out that I want, language permitting. PD have already written that themselves, for GT5:P.

The cost cannot also really be an issue - it was used in GT5:P when that game didn't even have variable weather. I think people are overreacting when this is actually the best way to get realistic weather changes over time for very little work.

For clarity, I'm talking about feeding the game's existing weather system with numbers from the internet for the temperature and humidity etc. that it apparently already works from. I don't see what the big deal is.

Back