Would you want to see GT5 ported to the PC?

niky
... but I'd also want those damn monster engines to have a catastrophic failure every once in a while if you don't tune it right... :dopey:

I'm sorry if this is off-topic but I think that along with damage in GT5, they should also include mechanical failure. The 24 hour endurance races at LeMans and Daytona are as much about mechanical endurance as human physical endurance. As it is now, you just have to struggle with the tedium of driving your car around and around.

Maven
I'm sorry if this is off-topic but I think that along with damage in GT5, they should also include mechanical failure. The 24 hour endurance races at LeMans and Daytona are as much about mechanical endurance as human physical endurance. As it is now, you just have to struggle with the tedium of driving your car around and around.

still off-topic... (I'm with you), Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 had the right idea... a water temp and oil pressure gauge, and the cars would overheat if you ran them at or near redline for long periods of time. I think the need to nurse your car through a few dozen laps while trying to preserve your engine and brakes would make for some nail-biting racing.

crazedmodder
Of course, only if first persons on the PS3 support a keyboard and mouse ;)
An FPS is virtually unplayable with a controller. A mouse-and-keyboard controller (perhaps feeding wires into one controller plug) would be an excellent feature.

Commentary inline below
niky
As long as the tuning option cannot be taken to the extreme that GT3's can, I'm all for it.
What do you mean by the 'extreme' part?
niky
I'd dearly love to have a more interactive weight-balancing option, and cam-shafts, over-bore or longer-stroke engines and such instead of just a "NA Tune" button.
Exactly right. PD has "bundled" all of what can be done to an engine into one neat prissy little button. Three button presses and you have all the power that the engine can make. Uhhmmm ... boooring! It would be fabulous if PD could program a few different tuning methods. One could be as it is now... for the brainless; just click and *poof* more power.
Another tuning method could be completely on your own. Pick your: crankshaft, camshafts, cylinder heads, and exhaust manifolds/headers. *gasp* Holy crap god-forbid they'd actually put a carburetor option in there. Since when does a 1960s anything need a computer chip upgrade? You could choose your own intake manifold and whether you want a dual or single plane manifold. For the throttle bodied cars out there whether you want to enlarge, or even restrict it. Adding weight with the ballast option is cool, but reducing just 6 horsepower via an intake restrictor would be awesome.
The last way could be just like my second described way, but with suggestions so people don't get carried away with a cam and head package that doesn't flow perfectly well.
niky
... but I'd also want those damn monster engines to have a catastrophic failure every once in a while if you don't tune it right... :dopey:
Sweet! Me too. Having some nice catastrophic failures would mean that the game wasn't really ever over. You'd have to keep spending cash to build and rebuild engines. How about a "parts shelf" in your garage. A shelf that has specific car parts that are not fitted to their correlating car(s). Smallblock Chevy V-8 heads anyone? How about a non-VTEC Honda cam for 4 cylinder? That would be sweet.

Woolie Wool
An FPS is virtually unplayable with a controller. A mouse-and-keyboard controller (perhaps feeding wires into one controller plug) would be an excellent feature.
Have you ever played Timesplitters :Future Perfect? It has sublime,responsive controls!

Back