Wouldn't it make the most sense to put the new Z on the cover?

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 16 comments

ICEYOU3

(Banned)
United States
Selatapura, Usea
At least for Nissan? They have the relationship with Polyphony Digital and Sony. They've collaborated with Kaz for racing and technology development. I think it would an excellent way to help promote Nissan's new sports car to the masses. Honestly I feel like it's a given seeing how much hype the Proto Z has generated.

Last edited:
It'd make more sense to place a Toyota, Mazda or Porsche on the cover. Those are PD's partners.
Sure, the Z does make sense. PD placed the then new S2000, on the cover of GT2. No doubt, I'm sure most of us could envision the Z on the cover, but probably not the most sense.

I feel like the new Z would suit Forza more (imagine it with the same livery as Motorsport 2's Z). But anyway, I think something that's either a Toyota, Mazda or Porsche will likely be the cover car of the game (the most likely being a Porsche because you need something sporty to be the cover car).

They'll put whoever offers them the most financial gain on the cover. Simple as that.
Yes and no.

Sometimes, depending on how early the keyart needs to be decided upon, you choose from the cars you already have presentable models of. If you know a few months ahead of time that you will have a certain car for the cover you can push that car up the production queue but sometimes you gotta make do with what you have.

Case in point, that Forza Motorsport trailer that showed 10+ different jump cuts of the same car(s) flying through Laguna Seca Corkscrew. Those were probably the only assets they had at the time that were approved or had gone through art optimisation.

Last edited:
I personally don't mind the current cover design we've been seeing, even if it's also likely to just be a mock-up. If it truly is a mock-up, I'd bet on the Corvette C8 being on the cover, since we GT5 had the SLS-AMG, GT6 had the Corvette C7, and GTS had the AMG-GT. But I could also see it being some sort of car that has that grand tourer silhouette - i.e. a GT car - like the Nissan 400Z that the OP mentions. That said, I think it'd be too late to do that, considering how long game development in general can take, and when the new Z was revealed.

But I think the possible mock-up cover would be fine, given that it features two automakers that currently have a pretty close relationship with GT at the moment, namely Mazda and Porsche. (At least, I think that's the Porsche VGT on the cover.) Alternatively, I'd be content with a Toyota GR Supra being on the cover, too.

Last edited:
Since the game is being advertised as featuring the past, present and future, I think it would make the most sense to put a car each from the past, present and future on the cover.

Ahem, people should search first on here.....
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-7-box-art-designs.394313/page-3

I personally don't mind the current cover design we've been seeing, even if it's also likely to just be a mock-up. If it truly is a mock-up, I'd bet on the Corvette C8 being on the cover, since we GT5 had the SLS-AMG, GT6 had the Corvette C7, and GTS had the AMG-GT. But I could also see it being some sort of car that has that grand tourer silhouette - i.e. a GT car - like the Nissan 400Z that the OP mentions. That said, I think it'd be too late to do that, considering how long game development in general can take, and when the new Z was revealed.

But I think the possible mock-up cover would be fine, given that it features two automakers that currently have a pretty close relationship with GT at the moment, namely Mazda and Porsche. (At least, I think that's the Porsche VGT on the cover.) Alternatively, I'd be content with a Toyota GR Supra being on the cover, too.

The C8 is in the pages somewhere, its one of my favourite renders.

It'd make more sense to place a Toyota, Mazda or Porsche on the cover. Those are PD's partners.
Sure, the Z does make sense. PD placed the then new S2000, on the cover of GT2. No doubt, I'm sure most of us could envision the Z on the cover, but probably not the most sense.
Nissan isn't partners with PD no longer?

Back