Wow.....Anyone else have this problem with NFS U2??

I was in drift mode and cursing the retarded physics like usual as my 488 bhp Enjuku Racing 240sx bogged out in the corners and refused to spin the tires. Wouldn't do a burn out, and couldn't spin a complete donut because of the engine bogging.......all of this despite having spent hours trying to tune the car to be loose as balls and have no rear grip at all.

Anyways......I'm on Parkade #6 (the perimiter) and all of a sudden it was like someone flipped a switch. 💡 The engine quit bogging........the steering felt more accurate and less random, the car was oversteering easier.......It was a drifting dream come true. I put in a 350,000 point lap after I got used to these "new" physics. :bowdown: It felt just like NFS U's drift physics. I was extatic, I was so happy I couldn't describe it, yet I was confused......What happened?? :confused:

So I went into options on a hunch and turned on stability control......back to the track and BANG........Bogging, wierd steering, No burnouts, No donuts allowed. It's like the engine cuts off every few seconds and then looses it's power and the steering input doesn't match the front tire turning angle when stability control is on.

Stability control has been turned off since day 1 I got this game.....yet it's been on in the driving physics all along. I don't understand why it chose this very moment to behave normally.

I left the track, came back with Dijiro Yoshiharas 240sx (same setup) and STABILITY IS ON AGAIN!!!!! :mad: 🤬 :banghead: Even though I go to options and it says it's off......but now I know otherwise.

Damnit I'm soo pissed off right now! I've seen the light and yet the game is glitching and won't let me turn it back on.........erm......off. haha.

Anyone else have this problem??

To see if your game does this go to Player Options and turn off stability control......now go into drift mode and do a burnout. Drop it into 1st at high rpm at full throttle and full brake. If the engine cuts out after a few seconds your stability control is still on and you have a glitch. If it keeps spinning the tires and lets you do proper donuts w/o bogging the motor then your game is normall.

I'm hoping it's just my NFS U2 CD and not a widespread glitch.

Nope.

I even took the disk out and cleaned it. It wasn't dirty and it didn't help any. Trust me I checked like crazy in every options menu I could find to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. I've had the game since it came out in 2k4. The only thing that's ever annoyed me about the game is the S2k MIA and the drift physics not being as good as the NFS U drift physics....now I know the physics are the same once Stability is off and yet I can't turn it off. It says off in the options menu, but it's noticably on.

And for it to randomly correct it'self on lap 6 of a ten lap drift session is just odd. And then to go right back to being glitched after I left the track. :odd:

If it's a rare problem (fingers crossed) I'll just go to EB games and pick up another copy of the game. I think it's like 9.99 used now or something. I'll even trade in my bad copy for likely $1. haha. I just wan't to see the look on the guys face when I walk up with my perfectly clean disk NFS U2 and tell him I wan't to trade it for NFS U2. Bwahahahahahahahahahahah

K so I found out whats going on here. Apparently it has to do with the replay being taped. Stability control is alwasy ON when the replay is being recorded and always OFF when the replay runs out or is not being recorded.

That's why it turned off after 5 laps on Parkade 6. At 9:46.120 the replay ran out of tape and quit recording.

I went out and got a new copy of the game and it does the same thing. It really pisses me off too.

Back