Wow. Just wow

  • Thread starter Thread starter geekRAGE
  • 20 comments
  • 1,445 views
Messages
19
Canada
Alberta
Messages
geekRAGE
So I just finished playing the rally special event and I have to ask. Who legit actually enjoyed that? That was so boring and frustrating. I finished the event 40 secs behind the lead car.
 
I enjoyed them. Rally is really fun once you get it down right. Which one did you play?
 
I did the gravel one first. I'm doing the snow one now and umm....is it supposed to be incredibly easy? I'm on the third race and I'm already in first leading by about 2 min and 15 sec.
 
They were quite fun. A challenge indeed. Except the snow courses, I don't know why the computers are absolutely terrible at it. But none-the-less, it's an awesome challenge. I don't think I've even finished the Professional or Expert level, whatever it's called. Then again it has been months since I touched them.

What car were you using for the gravel portion?
 
I did the gravel one first. I'm doing the snow one now and umm....is it supposed to be incredibly easy? I'm on the third race and I'm already in first leading by about 2 min and 15 sec.

It's stupendously easy, and equally boring. I agree 👎:yuck:
 
I was using the impreza wrc 2008. I started with the advanced races I just skipped over the beginner and intermediate ones. Maybe i should have done those first?? Lol
 
There all effortless. It doesn't bother me though, I only done the Specials to pass the time. :D
 
I was using the impreza wrc 2008. I started with the advanced races I just skipped over the beginner and intermediate ones. Maybe i should have done those first?? Lol

Doesn't matter much. Try a Group B car if you're still having trouble.
 
I got it now. It was just the gravel that I suck on. The Tarmac is a joke too. I found the red bull races way easier than the gravel ones.
 
I had a lot of fun on them but was disappointed by the ease and just how quickly they were over.

I think I've done them twice now but they were quite a good bit of fun on the wheel.

So yeah, I "legit actually enjoyed them"
 
I found them quite fun, caning my Mitsu Evo Super Rally Car through the stages. AI was pretty close on the gravel making for good racing too.
 
So I just finished playing the rally special event and I have to ask. Who legit actually enjoyed that? That was so boring and frustrating. I finished the event 40 secs behind the lead car.

"Behind" the lead car?
 
"Behind" the lead car?

I was thinking that as-well. Surely you mean 40 seconds ahead(?)
Even then, that's still a massive time-gap for a rally.
 
So I just finished playing the rally special event and I have to ask. Who legit actually enjoyed that? That was so boring and frustrating. I finished the event 40 secs behind the lead car.

It's boring. Never really liked rally, I'm more into dirty/clean racing and drifting.
 
While I haven't doen these rally events, I did some rallying at Toscana in the red bull rally car and that was a good bit of fun, so don't ignore rally.
 
As with seasonals, you really need to use a lower specced car to make these events challenging. Any rally car will walk these events in reasonably competent hands. I've started the game again & did these last night using a Ford RS200 road car & even this was too easy.
 
I don't care for the way that Rally is implemented in this game. It felt more realistic in the previous 2 games.

Dirt/gravel feels very "wrong" in this game. It seems to either slow you down more if you're driving slowly/steadily or it's like driving on glass all within a couple mph or so of speed difference. I used to drive on roads like these. Crappy country roads that were not well-maintained that were actually worse that what the ones in the game should be, in a crappy old delivery van. Hills, curves, and even potholes. I could take corners in that much quicker than I can in the game. The cars in the game are designed to handle these tracks. It should be better than it is.

The snow/ice ones are done even more poorly. It doesn't feel like snow or ice. It barely seems like a damp road. I dunno what they were trying for, but the Gold times are very very very easy to not only match, but beat by a mile. . . on a first attempt.

I was very disappointed with the Rally stuff. I had a lot of fun with them in the past games, but they did a lousy job of it for GT5.
 
I'll have to give these another go one of these days. I'm not especially competent when it comes to gravel driving, but "effortless" is hardly the word I used to describe them.

With only one crack at every stage and no map other than what little I could memorize before the start I found that the parts I had a big advantage on and the parts I couldn't keep up on roughly evened out, meaning I could never make up more than a few seconds of crash/penalty time over an entire event. I tended to be well behind by the end as well. It does vary widely by the course though, some of them are ridiculously easy to gain time on and others are... not. The tarmac runs seemed a bit easier but still without knowing the courses I never managed to win them either.

I didn't try that much since there didn't seem to be any extra reward for golds so I've never gone back to finish them off.
 
Back