Wow Read This!!!!!

• Thread starter daftgoat
  • 31 comments
KKK!!! I was on the VW UK website and I found this. The VW W12 is'nt called that its called a Nardo! (Yet another really lame name!!)
This is what it says:

The W12 coupe (Nardo) extends the timeless elegance of Volkswagen design into the sports car sector.

The Nardo has a top speed of 217 mph and reaches 62 mph in just 3.5 seconds. It has twice broken the world 24 hour speed record. In February 2002 it covered a distance of 7,749.4 kilometres at an average speed of 322.89 km/h.

Weighing just 1200kg, it is one of the fastest sports cars in the world.

Here's the website: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new_devs/nardo

Please lets talk about this!!

Attachments

• nardo1.jpg
    nardo1.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 409
I don't think it's a lame name. I think it's cool to name a car after a race-track (How much now Nardo is a racetrack).

"Huh? KKK? That's not good... eeeeeeuh" - Herschel Krustovsky...

Kewl!! I did'nt know it was a race-track. But some VW names are pretty c**p like: pheaton, bora and toureag. I hope they release this!! Where can I find the track list for GT4??

Who cares what it's called if they're not gonna build it? "W12" is good enough for me since the development of the engine is probably gonna be the only useful product to come out of the project for VW...

Volkwagen ain't got cachet, it ain't got cred, it ain't got a reputation for speed. Why would anyone buy the VW 'Nardo' when they could get one of the other awesome cars that are being put out there now like Enzo, SLR, Carrera GT, Veyron etc.?

Veyron?

If the ever release the thing, its been delayed yet again, mainly because they can't get it to handle on the road.

Seems its OK on a track (high quality surface) but stick it on a public road and its all over the place.

Butt ugly too in my opinion, looks like a scared rabbit with its mouth open.

Originally posted by bondy_1625
who cares when it can go 252mph and hit 60 in 3 secs

Because if it can't handle on road then its never going to go 252mph or hit 60 in 3 secs, its just going to kill you.

Pretty cool for a VW! I mean, I like the Beetle and the Golf, but this is different! I wouldn't have thought Volkswagen would make a car like that. You wouldn't expect them to make a really fast car.

AFAIK The veyron has just been cancelled. BTW the Nardo holds the 24-hour world speed record, so it does have some cred :)

Originally posted by daftgoat
Kewl!! I did'nt know it was a race-track. But some VW names are pretty c**p like: pheaton, bora and toureag. I hope they release this!! Where can I find the track list for GT4??

The Touareg are a native American people, and Phaeton was the son of Helios in Greek myth. The names themselves aren't bad.

However, Phaeton takes a bit of a battering when you read further into the Greek myth. Phaeton took his father's chariot (the chariot of the sun, obviously). I quote:

"As soon as Phaeton took hold of the reins, however, it was clear that he could not control the powerful horses. Indeed, the immortal horses were much too strong for Phaeton, and they dragged both the chariot and the boy across the sky, causing destruction wherever they went. When the chariot got too close to the earth, the very ground was burned.

Zeus quickly realized that this was a dangerous situation. So the ruler of the Greek gods threw a thunderbolt directly at Phaeton. The young man was killed instantly, his body landing in the Eridanus river."

So, Phaeton was in charge of numerous, very powerful horses (600hp W12, was it?) which proved too much for him, causing destruction wherever they went, and burning the Earth. The gods threw lightning at him, he was thrown from his chariot and landed, dead, in a river.

Nice one, VW marketing department.

I'm sorry, but whoever said that the Veyron is cancelled should look again. It is NOT cancelled, but IS already available for order. Check my sig for the home site. And btw, don't ever dis the stylings of a handmade work of art. The front end is supposed to look like the original Bugattis from the twenties, not like some friggin rabbit.

Also, just for those who ARE positively interested in the Veyron, I found out a snidbit of info. bout it. Road and Track, I believe did a speed test on the 4 Hottest fast cars, ranging from the Veyron, the Enzo, the Murcielago, and the McClaren F1. and the top speeds they could achieve given the best ruling possible. Here are the results:

4. Lamborghini Murcielago: 224 mph
3. Ferrari Enzo : 253 mph
2. McClaren F1 : 282 mph
1. Bugatti Veyron : 318 mph

I guess 4 turbos CAN come in handy :)

Originally posted by toyomatt84
Also, just for those who ARE positively interested in the Veyron, I found out a snidbit of info. bout it. Road and Track, I believe did a speed test on the 4 Hottest fast cars, ranging from the Veyron, the Enzo, the Murcielago, and the McClaren F1. and the top speeds they could achieve given the best ruling possible. Here are the results:

4. Lamborghini Murcielago: 224 mph
3. Ferrari Enzo : 253 mph
2. McClaren F1 : 282 mph
1. Bugatti Veyron : 318 mph

I guess 4 turbos CAN come in handy :)

:eek: :eek: :eek: wowow 318mph???!?!?!?!?!?!!! holy sheet that mega fast:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's got to be based purely on reached redline in top gear (whatever gear that may be) - at some point the air resistance will overcome the power of the car and it'll just stop accelerating. Instinctively I'd say the McLaren F1's Cd is lower than any of the others (unlike the others the F1 doesn't rely on active downforce - the wing on the back actually raises when braking, to alter the centre of braking). The Murcielago's batwings have got to affect it, and the fact the Veyron looks like a beetle turd won't go in it's favour.

Remember - a human dropped out of a plane will reach a maximum of 230mph.

Wowser... He must have been pinned back, head down, ski helmeted... :D

Back