WRC 9 Launches, to Positive Reception and Reviews

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 4, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2020
  2. Pfei

Pfei Premium

Solid title. Physics and FFB improvements are palpable. Braking distances still way too short. Excellent stages as always. A great rally experience.

I haven't been able to connect to Clubs. Anyone else having that problem?

3. SPhilli911

SPhilli911

The article says, "Depending on your region and platform, WRC 9 will likely be available right now. Save for console users in North America, who have to wait until September 8", however, I can say for sure it's out today (September 4) in the United States for PS4. I believe Canada is the 8th (possibly Mexico?). Edit: Out September 4 for Deluxe Edition users, my bad.

In any case, looking forward to this after work. If I can get away from Tony Hawk remake. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  4. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Thanks for the mention and posting the review :tup::gtpflag:

5. Famine

Famine Administrator

The console Deluxe Edition is out in North America today, with the early access it affords. However the game's official release date on consoles in North America is September 8, as communicated to us by Nacon's PR firm (which did offer us a review code, but not to the right person so we missed it :lol: ).

This is also confirmed by the PS Store, which has the Deluxe Edition available, but the regular version as Pre Order:

upload_2020-9-4_13-38-20.png

upload_2020-9-4_13-39-28.png

The Xbox store has the same information:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wrc-9-deluxe-edition-fia-world-rally-championship/9PHJP03XSSZS
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wrc-9-fia-world-rally-championship/9nj3r4fn60rr

Jtheripper and Scaff like this.
  6. SPhilli911

SPhilli911

I did not know I bought the Deluxe Edition! I stand corrected, thanks. :lol:

Scaff likes this.
  7. MSiAventador

MSiAventador

Not bad but not revo jump.

8. Jay84

Jay84

So its the total opposite of Project cars "3" aka not a total mess of a game and a total middle finger to the players.

Moguzi, Imari and Scaff like this.
  9. Petroperu

Petroperu

Getting this for PS4 when it comes out.

10. Dave A

Dave A Premium

Great review as always @Scaff :cheers:

Scaff likes this.
  11. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Many thanks

12. d25bev

d25bev

I enjoyed WRC 8. Loved the stages & physics more than Dirt Rally, but graphically & car selection wise, Dirt Rally is king.

WRC 8 & now 9 definitely aren't bad looking & they have nice car selections but it's still a shame for the officially licensed rally game to miss out on names like Subaru & Mitsubishi. Had my hopes up when they announced a classic car selection for WRC 9 but still no sign of them. I want to swing a classic Impreza round these great stages.

Scaff likes this.
  13. tunaphis

tunaphis

KT never did get around to releasing WRC8 on disc here,Used disc's are still $70 so,
    Have sent detailed instructions on how to insert disc into suitable round orifice.
    Will wait for CM's WRC .
    UpDate:
    Have been offered a copy (WRC9) by a community member who is kind enough to post it to OZ.
    If your reading this KT/Bigben you still blow.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    TeamCZRRacing likes this.
  14. Tristan H

Tristan H

Yeah, I don't get that. We Aussies love motor racing!

For some reason you can get Switch carts of WRC 8, but no PS4 discs?!

15. ReverbRacing84

ReverbRacing84 Premium

It's a pretty good game so far which I've bought it from Epic Games Store for PC.

Pfei likes this.
  16. Pfei

Pfei Premium

17. SimTourist

SimTourist

Hopefully on nextgen consoles all racing devs will be able to target 60 fps. 30 fps is not enough for precise racing.

Moguzi and FrankieStail like this.
  18. Pfei

Pfei Premium

Sorry to keep spamming the link to the GTP league, but I think we are close to getting going.

Remember that these are seven day events and you do the rally when you can. This is NOT a live online competition. So there are no dates/times set. You run when you can.

Here is the signup thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-wrc-9-league.395705/