WRC Season ArchiveRally 

• Thread starter richiem2282
  • 1,720 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised that America never holds a Rally. I feel like it would be worth a shot, especially if it was in the Northeast or Colorado.

I think it simply have to do with crazy lawsuits and only motorsport americans care about is Nascar

I think it simply have to do with crazy lawsuits and only motorsport americans care about is Nascar
They'll go there as soon as the manufacturers want to go there. That's why the China was added in the first place.

However, I can't see any of them being particularly interested in a round in the US, simply because of the lack of marketing gain. Toyota is the only current manufacturer that even sells the car their WRC team is promoting in the US, and Citroën doesn't sell anything over there.

They'll go there as soon as the manufacturers want to go there. That's why the China was added in the first place.

However, I can't see any of them being particularly interested in a round in the US, simply because of the lack of marketing gain. Toyota is the only current manufacturer that even sells the car their WRC team is promoting in the US, and Citroën doesn't sell anything over there.

It´s not only Toyota but Ford altough they are not an official Ford team. I think the marketing aspect is not the real reason for not having a round in WRC. Americans tend to despise sports wich are not made up in America, just for example compare the low popularity of Football or Formula 1.

2017 WRC CALENDAR

January 20-22: Monte Carlo
February 10-12: Sweden
March 10-12: Mexico
April 7-9: Corsica
April 28-30: Argentina
May 19-21: Portugal
June 9-11: Italy
June 30-July 2: Poland
July 28-30: Finland
August 18-20: Germany
October 6-8: Spain
October 27-29: GB
November 17-19: Australia

New road order :
The championship leader will only be at the front on day one, with Saturday and Sunday running the priority crews in reverse order, which means the slowest World Rally Car first.

More rules here :
http://www.fia.com/news/fia-announces-world-motor-sport-council-decisions-4

Unbelievable that they keep exact same calendar, for gods sake I want to see something new and it doesn´t have to be too far away. How about include Cyprus? Replace Poland with Acropolis? Only positive thing I can say is how they put Corsica in between Mexico and Argentina. I had such high hopes for 2017 but this calendar and with Volkswagen departure seems 2017 is gonna be a very dull season.

They're not interested.

They can't afford it.

Easier said than done.

Ireland, Czek Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, San Remo, Norway or Bulgaria? Surely any of them could afford, thinking Ireland would be a good choice with irish driver Craig Breen.

It´s not only Toyota but Ford altough they are not an official Ford team. I think the marketing aspect is not the real reason for not having a round in WRC. Americans tend to despise sports wich are not made up in America, just for example compare the low popularity of Football or Formula 1.
M-Sport's main goal, unlike Toyota's, Hyundai's, or Citroën's, isn't to sell more EcoBoost Fiestas though and as far as I'm aware the 3-door Fiesta they're using isn't actually available for the North American market, which is why I decided to ignore them in the first post.

However, I can't really see Americans' not wanting it as a reason why WRC couldn't go there if the manufacturers, or FIA wanted the series to go there, even though it's very much a minority sport even by motorsports standards from the American perspective. The costs of going there would probably be quite high, but America being so fundamentally opposed to having WRC round that it's the main reason they aren't doing it is a bit absurd considering that they made a circuit solely for F1 in Texas, and that most of the people there haven't got a clue of what WRC is.

As for football being massively unpopular in America, it really isn't. It isn't the most followed sport in the country, but there's still a huge market for it, the highest ranked American series is doing better than some of the European series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back