wrecks and glued to the wall always

• Thread starter flair1111
  • 31 comments
so im a damn good driver in this game. been playing since gt1. im so fed up with my front end being glued to the walls everytime i wreck and or worse being spun and finally stopping with the car turned completly backwards. this is a huge issue and im not the only one having it. when this happens i almost always start over. the time it takes to get back on the track is very unrealistic. can we get this fixed PD?

so im a damn good driver in this game. been playing since gt1. im so fed up with my front end being glued to the walls everytime i wreck and or worse being spun and finally stopping with the car turned completly backwards. this is a huge issue and im not the only one having it. when this happens i almost always start over. the time it takes to get back on the track is very unrealistic. can we get this fixed PD?

I wouldn’t think a “damn good driver” would spend that much time in the walls? I don’t consider myself “damn good”, and even I rarely ever end up in a wall. 🤷‍♂️

You want realistic, try iRacing, where hitting a wall is realistic, and likely the end of your race, while you wait for the tow truck to come pick you car up, and for it to be repaired in the pits. That’s realistic.

Last edited:
You want realism? In real life, a car is not getting back on the road at all after the kinds of crashes you’re talking about.

But to be fair, I do agree that the crash physics are absolute trash.

And no. There is absolutely zero chance Polyphony fixes it.

as i figured nothing but smart ass answers.
I mean, this one's accurate:
You’d have to hit the walls at quite an angle in order to spin or get stuck facing it. In real life you wouldn’t get back on track at all after such an impact.
Perhaps you could show a video of the issue? I've never been spun around by a wall in GT7 unless I've hit it at greater than 75 degrees (almost exclusively after being punted into it) or collected a part of the wall that is not parallel to the circuit edge and protrudes in some way - and never ended up "glued" to it (GT's collisions are pretty much hopelessly inelastic).

Now I have to ask, but what kinds of answers were you expecting?
"As I figured" gives away his expectation....

Edit: to be fair there is a lobby setting to do with wall collisions and corse correction.

No idea what it does though actually in the game.

Attachments

• IMG_9867.jpeg
    IMG_9867.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9866.jpeg
    IMG_9866.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I mean, you asked a somewhat silly question. "Can we get this fixed?" when the answer is quite clearly no. None of us here can get this fixed, which you should know as this is a forum for players of the game and not a bug report site for Polyphony Digital.

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer - although I'd argue that most of the answers aren't stupid, they just weren't the answers you wanted.

They are also mostly correct; if you are a "damned good driver" then you really shouldn't be hitting walls all that frequently, excusing things like punts from other cars which is outside of your control. There's always the argument of "When I'm pushing at 10/10 the likelihood of mistakes goes up, which is true, but at that point - as others have said - you have to accept that hitting a wall and continuing on in any fashion is somewhat unrealistic.

With regards to the 'sticking to the wall' that you mention, I have found this when I've drifted wide on Tokyo Expressway - you need to slow down more than you'd expect to be able to steer away from the wall. This isn't a bug, so much as the fact the wall is restricting your ability to turn the front wheels further than the outside of the bodywork and requires you to slow further before the game enables a further degree of steering lock to be achieved.

It's not a bug, so much as a result of the way the progressive steering is programmed. A bug is an unintended outcome, this is intended, although maybe not considered by the developers. In any case, don't hit a wall and it won't be a problem.

You complain about it being unrealistic, but if you hit a wall in real life your race is almost always immediately over. Suggest that you look at your OP again and think about what it is that you actually want to ask - not that anyone on here will be able to do anything about it whatsoever.

The crash physics are actually fairly accurate. There have been numerous threads complaining about the wall sticking thing and video proof of this happening in real life gets posted.

If you want an even more realistic version of crashing in the game, expect wall taps and contact between you and another car to cause nearly catastrophic damage to your car that either requires an immediate pit or to end your race completely.

when this happens i almost always start over. the time it takes to get back on the track is very unrealistic
Get on YouTube and watch some crash compilations for real world racing, as frustrating as GT crashes are, you're getting off lightly, and you don't want it to be more realistic if you're expecting to flick the wheel dump the throttle and be back on your way.

The crash physics are actually fairly accurate. There have been numerous threads complaining about the wall sticking thing and video proof of this happening in real life gets posted.

If you want an even more realistic version of crashing in the game, expect wall taps and contact between you and another car to cause nearly catastrophic damage to your car that either requires an immediate pit or to end your race completely.
They are good but not accurate in that there is no structural deformation so the energy doesn't disperse in the same way as real life. The CoD is a prime example of this as the crashes I have had there would have made my car 2 dimensional with the speed of the impacts 🤣

But its a small thing in a game like GT and not a big deal in the scheme of things.

Try posting a video as suggested so we can at least see where the issue is and provide advice.

I'm not what I would consider a "damn good driver" in this game, but I rarely crash into walls and I find it relatively easy to win 1st place in nearly all races in single player with a controller. When someone is crashing into a wall I usually find they are braking too late, etc. I also rarely spin unless I do something really reckless or drive too fast in torrential rain, with the wrong tires and so on.

As for not being able to get back on the track fast enough after a crash, do you mean where it resets you back on the track automatically or where you have to drive back on to the track yourself? If the latter, I don't see an issue especially if you're in the kitty litter. IRL, there's a good chance you'd be stuck in that scenario and if not, it's a relatively slow process gaining momentum just to get out of it.

....then there is the car tuning which I will spend a bit of time tweaking to make cars handle more like I want them to in turns, under braking, etc.

They are good but not accurate in that there is no structural deformation so the energy doesn't disperse in the same way as real life. The CoD is a prime example of this as the crashes I have had there would have made my car 2 dimensional with the speed of the impacts 🤣

But its a small thing in a game like GT and not a big deal in the scheme of things.
I feel seen . . .

Yup, this crash.

Should have ended more like this one.
BeamNG Crash Physics

These are the realistic crash physics that OP is asking for, let see how long it takes him to get going again after they.

Hmm, you mean the car is rolling over?

Beware: A thread like this will get haters, idiots, Jack***es, and no lifes

I've been playing since GT2 so I have some experience

Glued to a wall like understeer? Are you able to attach a video so I can see what you mean?

I am happy to help :)

Last edited:
I totally understand what you mean by “glued to the wall “ after a wreck/incident. Not literally stuck against the wall but after a crash it seems that more than not if your not able to recover and end up in the wall it’s usually nose first and there’s no way of getting off the wall without reversing, regardless of the angle of the car’s position or the tracks topography. ( is that even the right word?)🍻

Lol atleast I played games older than the first GT and didn't start by playing GT4 (Like everyone else does)

Back