WRS Driver's Choice : Week 100

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 43 comments

Vote for the option you want for WRS week 100

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think an historic car at an historic track.

Le Mans is the first track that comes to mind (N'ring might be for some, but THIS is the track for me) Do le Sarthe II w/o chicanes for that added touch of history

And for cars I was thinking either the '69 Ford GT40 or Mercedes 300SL Gullwing. Both have a storied past and would be a good call for the Century mark of the WRS.

Great idea! Sarthe II or N'Ring with the old GT40, definitely. Gotta be GT Mode, though, so we can get the setup right -- the GT needs the tunability of GT mode to make it handle right, IMHO.

As far as the track is concerned, I prefer N'Ring to Sarthe, but either one is good, so whichever one of those two tracks gets the most votes is fine with me.

GT Mode original GT40 at the Ring!!! w0000! I'd love it, you freaking betcha! 👍

Don't ruin a good track with way too much speed!! Please? 💡
Ah, but I wasn't saying that El Capitan was the track to do this at, I was just drooling at the idea of having a wide spectrum of vehicles at our disposal... Especially if it were based upon power-weight-ratio as opposed to "let's make about 800 hp and tear these 🤬's loose". My track of choice... Something a bit technical but exploits the horsepower that the car obviously was endowed with. When's the last time we used Trial Mountain Reverse or Grand Valley?

Cheers,
Jetboy

Or, maybe something along the lines of classic homologation cars at Citi d'Aria. (Renault 5 Turbo Road Car, BMW 2002Tii, Gullwing, 205 Turbo, RS200, Silvia 240RS, Skyline 2000 GT-R '73, ect.)

Cheers,
Jetboy

This is a GREAT idea!!!!!!!

I like the black car idea alot 👍 how about a "driver choice of black car" equal p/w or some testing, on a wide open track such as any Fuji or many others. I think the point should be something special for the 100th and have the highest turn out possible, so maybe midfield? They(black cars) most likely belong at La Mans, no chicanes, that would not be my first choice but they are proto's arn't they? Anyway, bla bla.....

Good luck Jerry.

Which brings the description of 'High-Speed Ring' found in GT4: "A fast-paced track most suitable for the top-end racecars". So... How about a short multilapper (2-3 laps) around that thingy in a black LMP? AI won't be a trouble, we won't need to pit, and it'll be over in 2-3 minutes...

I'm with Jetboys for Grand Valley Speedway.
Let's say a multi-lapper, something between 6 and 12 laps to add some pit stop strategy.
With a restricted panel of race cars : WRC or DTM or JGTC or black cars...

I might even load my gamesave again on the memcard for such an occasion.

As you know I'm not into GT lately (for last year frankly...) but .. here is my idea for week 100 ->
some classical GT1 track + some classical GT1 car - for example Mitsubishi 3000GT on Grand Valley Speedway (long version I mean) or Nissan Skyline GTR R34VspecII on the same track (but that combo already been run am I right ?) so first one would be good I think.
I like Nur or La Sathre idea though.

You name it, I'll (hopefully) find the time to race it.

Either the black LM cars or the R34 GT Pacecar/Tuner (one or the other)...
Then set either of those choices at an appropriate track.
Sarthe for the big cars, the Ring for the small cars... If people can't handle the Sarthe or the Ring, then go with something like GV or Suzuka. 👍

Pace Car, i like it. just being able to turn on the lights and tool around different tracks is fun in itself, and the car isn't that bad either.

I like the idea of using the black cars. Just don't put them on a track that isn't suited to their speed. Fuji would be nice, just not the 2005 version. I hate those blind corners before the straight, then again, its stuff like that that separates the men (women) from the boys (girls). I thought the idea of having the GT40 on La Sarthe was a good one, but I just saw week 99, so I guess that is out.

If Week 100 hasn't been decided yet, I would like to say that I am strongly in favor of the 300SL vs. E-Type on the ring deal with N-type tires and no TCS or driving aids and such.

Some testing would have to be done to get the cars relatively even.

But please do something with an old sports car on a hard course without any driving aids, if the above combo is not feasible.

Back