WRS Drivers - Discuss your GT4 progress here!

• Thread starter Kent
  • 327 comments
Kent
I also just recently put down some new progress.

Over 75% complete now. 👍

I'm about to run the 5 F1 races I have left and then all there will are one makes and enduros. :indiff:

The enduros might be hard because I don't really know how to approach the 24hrs of sarthe.
That might be too much for my b-spec to win. :scared:
I will also have to tackle the 1000km races and I don't know how long they take for b-spec wins. :confused:

If any of you have tactics for 24hrs of sarthe please post it up. 👍 :bowdown:

Also, if you know how long it took you to complete the 1000k races (either or both), please post something up. :D

On a good note...
Today gave me the time to complete several one make races that I hadn't done, as well as a series or two.
One of the championships I did was the honda type R meeting. 👍
Had some real fun with it.
Came out to about 30 a-spec points per race even though I was using a NSX.

Tuned the car perfectly and it turned out to be one hell of a car.
I used the stage one flywheel and clutch to get way more performance out of the normal engine.
With less than 290hp it ran like a 300hp.
Seems like nothing but once you get out there in a stage 1 light weight with down force and 300hp... :eek: :lol:

So yeah, that was fun and helped me get a little closer to that 100% completion goal.

That's also not even mentioning that I got great motegi practice as well as a new super car- the HSC concept. :sly:
I enjoyed driving that thing after I won it. :mischievous:
Came out to have a great arcade car too.

Anyway, I'm off to start the F1 journey,
Until next time,
-

Hey Kent, The Suzuka took about 5 and a half hour in b-spec with the Toyota Minolta race car,in B-Spec.(real time)

And also, yes the Formula 1 car will easily win the 24 hr at Sarthe, it makes more frequent pit stops than the others, but it still laps the entire field with fair amount of ease. The tires go quicker , but thats it, you can still win with it,no Problem.My B-spec driver has a skill of around 4283 overall pts. and 51,43,47 skill points, respectively.

Which 5 F1 races are you talking about?

:lol:
The last 5.
I did 10 races and skipped the rest as soon as I knew I could win the championship... My plans were to win the Sauber, then go back and win the left over individual races.

However, after last night it is actually just the last 4. :D

I finished motegi and started the nuremburg race but wasn't sure about how to attack the ring. :confused:

The races following it probably wouln't be too hard.
Thing is, on the 'ring A-spec pits on every lap, B-spec only pits every other lap.

So for me to keep up I may have to run the race on my own without any B-spec help.

Well I've finally hit 25% Took a while 'cos I've been having fun with trying to get 200pts in stock cars in many races, while sticking to WRS rules as far as possible.
Here's an example (MAX Drive NTSC format) of a beauty I came across the other day. :D Also been buying many of the used cars which has eaten a lot of cash!

25.1% (80 Gold licences, 34 Missions complete)
21856 A-spec points 1644 A-spec miles
0 B-spec skill level 0 B-spec miles
358 days
10,778 Cr Cash!!!
127 Cars owned.

Now I'm off to try and find as many 200pt races in stock cars in the Endurance Hall. It seems my b-spec driver has retired already since he's not been used at all!
Hope he enjoys his pension & time off 'cos I'm not going to be calling him back either! :sly:

@Kent Like the new avatar. You do realise her pink girly bits are on show don't you?!!!! Maybe that's where she hides her weapon!!!! :dopey:

Attachments

• 200 A-spec points S2000.max
    35.4 KB · Views: 6
Have just re-started from scratch with the aim to get 100% win ratio, like i did in GT3 (second time round)

Got to 40-odd% with 87% ratio and decided to scrub it and try again.

Admit freely to using AR cheats to get 80 golds, but had well over 40 of them anyway (the rest silver) so thought 'No harm, no foul'
Just couldn't be bothered to do them all again!

Neil

Hi everyone, I haven't been around much the last few days since I just finished the Nurb 24 hour race, completley in A-Spec mode! I've been squeezing in laps when I can here and there over the last 3 days along with big chunks of hours through the small hours of the night, and just finished up 2 hours ago. Thank god there were no power outages this time!:scared:

I used the BMW 320i touring car, with NA stage 3 (343HP at start, 323HP at finish) It also had 131 units of ballast set at 10% rear bias so that it would get me the full 200 A-spec points. Suspension settings were stock, all I did to it was add chassis stiffener, adjust the LSD to 5/25/10, and set the gears using the tranny trick. I set the Auto Set to 1, Final Drive to 3.875 and then tweaked the 5th gear to 1.045 so I had a bit more room in case I could manage to catch a draft on the straights. TCS was at 1 in case of visits to the kitty litter, though I would have been better off with no TCS as I hardly ran off course at all, it just slowed me down on the small bumps and jumps more than anything. I used R1 super hard tires front and rear on a 4 lap pit schedule. I raced against:

Audi A4 Touring Car '04 - 6 lap pit schedule
Opel Calibra Touring Car '94 - 6 lap pit schedule
BMW M3 GTR ace Car '01 - 6 lap pit schedule
Nissan C-West Razo Silvia (JTGC) '01 - 6 lap pit schedule
Nisan Falken GT-R Race Car '04 - 5 lap pit schedlue

All except the Silvia were much more powerful than my car, it would sometimes take nearly a full lap or more to catch a car from the moment I first saw it way off in the distance! The Audi led at first, and after 25 laps of pushing hard alon with 6 pit stops to his 4 stops I had managed a mere 2'00 lead. The BMW M3 really was hauling ass later in the race, I didn't end up putting him a lap down until 10 hours into the race, and once again at about 20 hours in. The M3 finished 2 laps down, along with the Audi about a half a lap behind him, and the GT-R and Opel finished 3 laps down if I counted correctly. The Silvia was a non factor and was lapped about 10 times. My fastest lap was set on lap 138 with a 7.12.212. 7'10's should be easy in free run with the R1 tires at full traction however.

Overall it was a fair challenge, you couldn't just loaf around or else the AI would start gaining on you. I managed to spin out due to rumble stirps about 5 times (On the same damn corner!), and ran wide or clipped a corner about 15 times, so it was a pretty clean race I'd say. I also had a bit of a misadventure when I was on lap 150-something, I was drafting the GT-R down the entire back stretch, and happily watched as he pulled into the pit entrace. Suddenly I realized that I had to pit too (like I had planned before spacing off) since I had no units of fuel left and Orange tires.:ouch: Quickly I stopped and handbraked into a 180 and went into the pits before I lost too much time though. Total driven was 195 laps with 48 pit stops, for a total of 2518 miles!

Well that's about it for this mini write-up. My hands and wrists are a bit sore from holding the vibrating wheel for so long, and my ass is numb. I got the Formula One car unlocked in arcade mode as expected, so that was my main goal aside from just finishing this long SOB. I got a white and green F1 for the garage, so I guess the Forumla 1 series will be my next goal. 86.2% complete, all in A-Spec mode. 6000+ miles in A Spec so far!

You're a brave man CFM to do 24h of the Ring in A-spec. :bowdown:
Congrats on your victory. Now I don't feel like the only crazy one as I've been planning on doing it in A-spec as well. (Must get to 25% first)

Nice work,CFM! Congratulations on your run!

Hell,I thought I did well by running about 10 hours of it in A spec!

You the man!:cheers:

I am on my last I guess technically two items for Gt4, I am currently doing the Formula GT and am on race 7 now. The other missing piece to my 100% ocmpletion is Mission 34, now I did CHEAT this once, I used my codebreaker to enable Idiot AI just so i could have the Nissan car. But I will still attempt to finish Mission 34 an dprovide a replays just as I have for every Golded License Test and ever other Mission. I just wanna be done with it, those OMR's took forever!!! So once I am done with Sim mode I can FINALLY start hot lapping and really concentrate on WRS...YES! PS I have also been doing B Spec races to get a TON of $$ and I believe I have about 2700 B Spec points, but only like 8 battle points because I'm in the F1..BWA HA HA HA!!!! And like GT3 I will have a 100% win ratio to boot! Yes!

jump_ace

Speaking of M34, I've read all of the threads, seen the shortcuts, cheats, etc... Anyone have any suggestions or words of wisdom? Shoulder to cry on? How does beating this mission relate to the level of difficulty of a WRS competition?

Maybe we could use this as a race in the WRS so I'll really have motivation to finally beat it? I know I would have never dreamed of beating gold time at La Sarthe by 7 seconds if not for the WRS...

Anyone?

Thanks!

-Scott

SHigSpeed
Speaking of M34, I've read all of the threads, seen the shortcuts, cheats, etc... Anyone have any suggestions or words of wisdom? Shoulder to cry on? How does beating this mission relate to the level of difficulty of a WRS competition?

Maybe we could use this as a race in the WRS so I'll really have motivation to finally beat it? I know I would have never dreamed of beating gold time at La Sarthe by 7 seconds if not for the WRS...

Anyone?

Thanks!

-Scott

U know I was thining THE EXACT SAME THING! I didn't mention it because I thought (since its so hard) NO ONE would want to do it, but man talk about motivation to beat it, hells yeah! I'm in....lol

jump_ace

The other night I FINALLY completed M11. i WAS SOOOOOOooooo stoked.
I swear the first 50 times i tried it i wasnt within 10 seconds at the end.
And low and behold, this WRS thingy has taught me a thing or two about driving. So Friday I was trying to clear my head before Monaco with the S2K and when to M11 and cleared it in three tries.
Yeah for me!

Game percent is about 65.

Trying to find an open week or two to do the Formula series. I was at race #5 and was going well but lost it on a power outage. I really want the C9. My goal is to have all the genuine LeMans cars.

Nice CMF I only ran a couple of hours in a-spec then let b-spec take over. Thats just obserd. Well I just recentley hit over 40 percent and I want the jaguar race car that is prize for 50% completed. Just gotta go do some manufacturer races.

Well, I'm against the wall now... Just reached 99.8% this weekend. Still facing M34...

<SIGH>

I probably shouldn't complain. This way I still have something to work towards! :^)

-Scott

SHigSpeed
Well, I'm against the wall now... Just reached 99.8% this weekend. Still facing M34...

<SIGH>

I probably shouldn't complain. This way I still have something to work towards! :^)

-Scott

Think of it as a WRS event. You'll get it done within a week. :sly:

I'm at 25.8% now, have A-specced 3 enduros so far and have been trying to find stock cars to run some of the others with.
Is anyone else having real problems with front tyre wear especially on 4WD racecars? My Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car and Mazda 6 Touring Car seem to eat front tyres very rapidly, to the point where they're not competetive with any of the endurance race lineups.
Does anyone have any good advice on how to get around it? Suspension setup or downforce settings? Or is it just the AI that are able to get an unusually vast number of laps out of the same tyres?
I can see CFM was having difficulty at Nurburgring 24Hrs, a 4lap pit strategy when everyone else is doing 5 or 6. Is this commonplace? I tried with the Madza 6, and could only get 3 laps out of a set of RSH tyres. :grumpy:

I feel that there's too many redundant cars in this game now, too many of the enduros and the GTWC are dominated by the Le Mans cars, which ruin the fun we had in GT3, keeping up with the 787B, GT-One and R390 in an RX-7 LM or Gillet Vertigo, was possible. With GT4, there's no chance of keeping up with a BMW V12 LMR or Bentley Speed 8, unless you're in something similar. What races are we supposed to race the Lister, Gillet etc in and be competetive?
Also the AI selection for some of the races where there's a single car that's head & shoulders above the rest is really infuriating, it makes it so hard to pick a car for a good race with the entire field when you have to pick something to race with 1 car, miles ahead of the rest of the pack. :grumpy:

Well i find if you enter the race with the one faster AI car, and its there, then re-enter and re-enter, you will find it goes and you get a different selection. Especially if you change the car you are using for the race, but even if you dont.

As for 4wd tyre wear, well thats always been that way hasnt it?
If i remember, the 4wd's always wore out the fronts, then the rears, as they are constantly trying to go forwards instead of turn. Remember the GTO in GT1? if you put a stage 4 turbo on that thing, it wouldnt even turn round high speed ring!!!

You might try shifting the VCD to the rear, and adjusting the springs so that they are stiffer on the front.
That sounds bent, but thats how it worx in GT4.
Either that, or use harder tyres on the front.

I would just like to ask if everyone has driven the Mitsi CZ-3 Tarmac. Not the rally car, the road car.

I love it.

Cheers peeps

👍

Well, where to begin? :lol:

I've put in a great amount of time over the last few days to try and get my game at 100% completion.

It's been a pretty easy task for the most part, however, now I am stalling out. :(

First off, my money situation in the game has never been very good.
When I should have been saving I was buying up tons and tons of different cars.
I also sold off every race car in GT mode except for the black monsters.
That tactic gave me the chance to unlock a ton of stuff in arcade mode but still left me with little to no money.
Buy a racer, use it for a day, sell it and repeat... Did wonders for unlocking all the cool stuff in arcade mode but surely didn't help my GT mode car collection. :lol:

So now I sit at 99.4% complete.
No race cars and tons of street cars.

The problem is that I sold my F1 car. :dunce:
Turns out the .6% I have left to complete is 3 races.
2 F1 races and the 24hrs of Sarthe I.

I wanted to make the 24hrs of Sarthe I my final race in gt mode. 👍

However, I made a mistake along the way to this point...
When the black cars came around for the second time I was short on money and still needed to buy the R390 and the GT-One.

Well, I sold my F1 car to get money for the GT-One. Then I copied my game to a second mem card and bought the R390 on that... This gives me the chance to buy the final black car when ever I want.

Thing is, I sold my F1!!!
I had though it would be purchasable off my second card for the price a used car is sold for.
However, it seems you have to buy the car at full price. :grumpy:

So now I sit here with .6 to complete and no F1 car to do it in.
I need 6 million to buy a new F1. :eek:

Luckily I still have one race car... :lol:
Used a street car to beat the capri rally, then bought myself an A4 touring car.
Then it was off to the DTM races and that's where I'm at now.

DTM championship one after another. :(
Gets me some great money as you all should know by now.
However, it gets old too.

With luck it will all pass by me quickly and I will be able to purchase an F1 in no time.
However, until I get an F1 again it will be DTM races for me. :(

Any way,
Just thought I would pop in and give up my current progress. :D
Only .6 left and then it's all done for me. :bowdown:
Plus I will get that sweet black F1! :mischievous: :lol:

Well, until I get to my goal...
Later. :D

Wow, what a story Kent 👍 Good job :D

I'm only at 50.2%. I mainly play it for entering the WRS and racing with my team but for the rest I'm making progress very slow, but someday I'll gain 100% completion :D

OK well this might might be off-topic of what your talking about, anyways this week race people are talking about using the R390 Road ca in arcade mode but i cant seem to find it... :dunce: . Do you have to race to unlock cars in Arc mode or something....? :guilty: :dunce:

R390GT1
OK well this might might be off-topic of what your talking about, anyways this week race people are talking about using the R390 Road ca in arcade mode but i cant seem to find it... :dunce: . Do you have to race to unlock cars in Arc mode or something....? :guilty: :dunce:

The Nissan is listed under Lengendary cars at the Nissan dealer in GT Mode, the R390GT1 Road Car costs 1,000,000 credits.

First off, thanks pink...
Didn't get the chance to say it earlier, but I saw your kind comments in the week 13 thread as well. :bowdown: :cheers:

Well, I'm on my way to finishing the game.

As we speak I am at 99.8% completion.
Also, at this very moment I am running the final race... The only one I have not done.
The 24 hours of Sarthe I. :mischievous:

Most of it has been in B-spec.
At the moment I am at exactly 22:56'?? and moving through the minutes at 3X speed. :D

I managed to pull through my troubles from the last post.
Spent the morning yesterday doing the DTM races and eventually earned myself 6.5 million.
Used that 6.5 million to buy myself an F1 from the back-up card.
Then took that to the 2 F1 races I had left to complete. Those took no time and were pretty easy.
Although I must admit, on the final suzuka race I found myself on the last 3 laps in b-spec with second place only 5 seconds behind. :eek:
I actually had to run at "3" and switch to 4 or 5 on the straights, then jump back down to 3 before the turns.
Doing that gave me a solid 2 second gain in the last 2 laps... That was all I needed to take an easy win.

With those out of the way I went to Sarthe and that's where I'm at now.

Shouldn't be long before I finish my run, get the R8 (to sell) and the black F1 (to keep as a replacement for the F1 I am using to run the 24hr).
I plan on selling my current F1 at the same time as the R8, then use the money to buy a R390GT1 race car.
Then I will use it for a day, sell it and buy the black GT1 off my back up card.

At that point my game will be complete. :sly:
I will have all 4 LMP blacks.
100%
The black F1 and a dozen other no-name blacks.

Looking back on the entire experience I am going to say that I made the right choice selling off all my race cars.
Even though it put me in a jam here or there, it still provided me the means to buy up every last car I could think of.

I mean, thanks to that tactic I have every JGTC car in arcade mode except for one ugly skyline and one ugly NSX.
Everything else is unlocked. :D

So...
For now I am "near-done."
After I finish the 24hrs I will come back.
Till then,
-

I'm currently doing the 24 hours la sarthe II b-spec so I can't play gt4 but I found that by doing the missions and licenses on gold I Improved my lap times and consistency by a LOT. So to all those div 3 racers I suggest to gold the licenses.

I'm at 98.9% with a few rally races and mission 34 to run yet. I've been working on golds in the license tests and have 63 so far with silver on the rest.

Maybe I'll make it to 100% this week, maybe not. I think it'll come down to mission 34. I've run it 3 times and am within 10 seconds of winning it and I think it'll take a few more tries, but I'll get it.

After making it to 100% complete I am then going to work on race times in order to win credits for the purchase of one of every car in the game. Probably work on the WRS and license golds too. Still plenty in the game to do. Amazing how deep the game is.

Canoe

Latest Posts

Back