[WRS] GTP LMP Endurance Series (S1) - POSTPONEDFinished 

• Thread starter Mikey24
  • 448 comments

Would you like to see GT cars racing in this next season?

• Total voters
Enough R18s? ;)

So I'm curious, the open and closed cockpit cars run separately in the standings but fight for the same points... Is the 50pp deficit there to separate the classes or bring them closer together?
that's a good point actually haha i'll look into it :) & ikr, the Audi is very popular!

Audi team joest #2 the painted one :) And if its full i will go with the R10 stealth model

Last edited:
If you'd like to do some testing some time we can compare pace. I gather that the pescarolo is actually a bit overpowered, just not by 50pp
Yeah, a test session is on this Sunday! but yeah the C60 hybride is overly powered, so weight restrictions are applied for that kind of thing

LMP ENDURANCE SERIES
WELCOME to the inaugural season of the ALL-NEW Le Mans Prototypes Endurance Racing Series - known as the LMP Endurance Series! Due to the first season being a test to see whether this competition takes off, the series will travel to only three venues - Fuji, Suzuka and Bathurst.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CARS

The field will be split into 2 classes - LMP-C and LMP-O.

LMP-C = closed cockpit cars.
LMP-O = open-faced racecars.

Up to 7 drivers can enter the LMP-C class, and 8 drivers can enter the LMP-O class, with reserve drivers. If any of the drivers cannot make the race due to complications, one of the reserve drivers (chosen at random) will be asked to fill their place on the grid. However, neither the driver or reserve driver will receive points as the driver didn't compete and by new regulations, the reserve driver cannot earn points towards the championship. Both classes will be limited to 670pp.

Weight can be added to cars if found to be unfairly faster than others.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eligible LMP-C cars:

> Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11
Eligible for Michelin Hybrid Title.
2011-audi-r18-tdi-gran-turismo-6_100445180_m.jpg

> Audi R18 TDI Prototype '11
2013_11_28_22_23_33_zps9b4bfe88.png%7Eoriginal

> Peugeot 908 HDI - Team Peugeot Total '10
Peugeot_908_HDi_FAP_-_Team_Peugeot_Total_%2710.jpg

> Peugeot 908 HDI - Team Oreca Matmut '10
1010.jpg

> Peugeot 908 HDI Base Model '10
peugeot_908_hdi_fap_base_model__10___f01_by_m2m_design-d74c4t1.jpg

***THE PEUGEOT 908 HDI BASE MODEL '10 CAN BE DIFFERENT COLORS***

Eligible LMP-O cars:

> Audi R10 TDI '06
audi-r10-01.jpg

> Audi R10 TDI Stealth Model
20110105_bd21c81cc5f8c5b173b9kujj0w5bespv.jpg

> Audi R8 (Audi Playstation Team ORECA) '05
58.jpg

> Audi R8 Race Car '01
censoredR8.jpg

> Pescarolo Courage - Judd GV5 '04
index.php

> Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot '03
PESCAROLO%20COURAGE%20C60%20PEUGEOT%20RACE%20CAR_HrZ5Y2bdubgH.jpg

> Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05
Eligible for Michelin Hybrid Title.
742.jpg

> DeltaWing 2012 Le Mans
nissan-deltawing-race-car-le-mans-24-hours-03.jpg

> 2013 DeltaWing
DeltaWing_zps74fd3a0c.jpg

Michelin Hybrid Title
The Michelin Hybrid Title can only be awarded to drivers who enter in the:
> Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11
> Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05.

CURRENT ENTRIES

LMP-C:

SniperRed3 (GBR) - Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11 - Eligible for Michelin Hybrid Title.

Racefan88 (USA) - Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11 - Eligible for Michelin Hybrid Title.

FRS_SK8R (GBR) - Audi R18 TDI Prototype '11

Markl1970 (GBR) - Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11 - Eligible for Michelin Hybrid Title.

Pyrates2000 (POL) - Peugeot 908 HDI**

Toshost (BUL) - Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11 - Eligible for Michelin Hybrid Title.

Free space

LMP-O:

GTP_Tay (GBR) - Pescarolo C60 Hybride '05 - Eligible for Michelin Hybrid Title.

Reserved

Free space
Free space
Free space
Free space
Free space
Free space

** - to be updated.

THE ROOM

The room will be officially opened by me (mikey_2412) at roughly 1:45 PM GMT. Practice Time will begin at 2 PM GMT and last for 60 minutes. Qualifying will then begin at 3:10 PM GMT and last for 15 minutes. The official race will start at 3:30 PM GMT and last for roughly 50 to 60 minutes.

Rooms will be open on Sundays, starting on the 18th May for Practice/Testing Session 2.

ROOM SETTINGS:
Room comment:
> LMP Endurance Testing (only for testing)
> LMP Endurance Series

PP limit: 670pp
Category: LMP

Active steering: prohibited
Driving line: prohibited
Traction control: prohibited
Active steering management: prohibited
Skid recovery force: prohibited
ABS: allowed

RULES & REGULATIONS

PRE-RACE PROCEDURE:
When the 30 second timer starts, ALL drivers must press on the 'Enter' option before the timer reaches 0, drivers MUST NOT press the 'Go To Track' option. If a driver misses the cutoff time, they WILL NOT earn any points at that venue as they are officially not entered in the event. If that driver happens to have set the fastest time in practice, they will not receive the bonus 2 points.

PRACTICE:
All drivers will have 1 hour to practice the circuit and run different car setups if they wish to. Once the time has expired, every driver must return to pit lane NOT VIA MENU. The driver who posts the fastest lap time will receive 2 points.

QUALIFYING:
After Practice Time has ended, drivers will be given 5 minutes to apply their car setup, if they want to. ALL drivers MUST have entered the circuit before the countdown to Qualifying has finished.

During Qualifying, drivers will be given 15 minutes to post the fastest lap time. The driver who qualifies on Pole Position will be awarded an extra point towards the championship.

START PROCEDURE:
Whilst on the starting grid, ALL drivers MUST keep their brakes on before the green flag is waved. Any driver that jumpstarts the race will be immediately excluded from the race results and WILL NOT earn any points at that venue regardless of if they have set fastest lap times in both or either of Practice Time and Qualifying.

RACE:
During the race - which lasts for 100 miles - any driver found to cut more than two corners on any lap will be warned immediately and if it continues that driver will be subject to penalty points and a change tyre pit stop, forcing them onto hard tyres until their next pit stop. Refuelling is prohibited during this pit stop.
Any driver found to be deliberately pushing others or blocking others will be faced with 1 penalty point and will be dropped 2 places on the finishing results. If this incident happens again, the driver will be handed another penalty point and may face exclusion from the race results. If this offence happens a third time, the driver will be immediately excluded from the race results regardless of where they finish.
Once the leading driver crosses the finish line, the rest of the field will be given 3 minutes to finish and the race results will be concluded by positions once the timer runs out.

PENALTIES:
> Any driver found to be breaching any performance regulations will be subject to penalty points and may face exclusion from the race results.
> Penalty Points will be awarded if any driver is unfair to others by blocking/pushing etc., breaching performance regulations or cutting multiple corners.

A DRIVER CAN TESTIFY AGAINST THEIR PENALIZATION TO THE STEWARD AND THE STEWARD WILL LOOK CLOSELY AT THE INCIDENT IN RACE REPLAY. IF THE DRIVER'S ACTIONS ARE JUSTIFIED, THE PENALTY WILL BE LIFTED ALONG WITH THE PENALTY POINTS.

POINTS SYSTEM

1st place = 25 points
2nd place = 18 points
3rd place = 15 points
4th place = 12 points
5th place = 10 points
6th place = 8 points
7th place = 6 points
8th place = 4 points
9th place = 2 points
10th place = 1 point

Pole Position = 1 point
Fastest Practice time = 2 points

Points are awarded across the whole field, NOT the classes individually.

PENALTY POINTS (PP):

1 penalty point = 1 point deducted from your championship tally.
2 penalty points = 2 points deducted from your championship tally.
3 penalty points = 5 points deducted from your championship tally.

Up to 3 PP's can be awarded to any driver during any race. Once the race has officially finished, the PP count is wiped clean but the points deduction remains for the remainder of the season.

3 PP's can be awarded without exclusion from the race result.

PERMANENT CHAMPIONSHIP PENALTY POINTS (PCPP):

PCPP's reset once the championship has ended.
PCPP's are awarded once a driver receives 3 PP's in more than one race:

2 races with 3 PP's = 1 PCPP
3 races with 3 PP's = 2 PCPP's
4 races with 3 PP's = 3 PCPP's

Once 3 PCPP's are awarded, that driver is then completely excluded from the championship standings and will not gain any points at all.

SCHEDULE

TESTING
Testing sessions will be available before the season opener on 20/07/2014. They will be held every Sunday starting 10/05/2014, unless informed otherwise.

Testing races may start three weeks before the season opener. Drivers will NOT earn points at these races.

The races will last only 20 minutes.

Testing session rooms will open at 12 PM GMT and close at 4:30 PM GMT.

Drivers will be testing at the prestigious Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium, unless informed otherwise.

RACES

FUJI TELEVISION 100 Miles of Fuji.
Fuji_Television.png
JAPAN
Fuji Speedway F
SUNDAY 20 JULY 2014
35 laps
799px-Fuji.svg.png

Race Results:

Points Standings:

HAKONE EKIDEN Suzuka 100 Miles.
6a00d8341c586153ef0148c7a891c3970c-800wi

JAPAN
Suzuka Circuit
SUNDAY 3 AUGUST 2014
28 laps
777px-Suzuka_circuit_map--2005.svg.png

Race Results:

Points Standings:

QANTAS 100 Miles of Bathurst.
qantas_thumb-300x202.jpg
AUSTRALIA
Mount Panorama Circuit Bathurst
SUNDAY 31 AUGUST 2014
25 laps
Mount_Panorama_Circuit_Map_Overview.PNG

Race Results:

Points Standings:

**DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE**

I CAN CONFIRM THREE DEFINITE CIRCUITS AND SIX TBC CIRCUITS NEXT SEASON:

GREAT BRITAIN - Silverstone Circuit
BELGIUM - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
FRANCE - Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)

(TBC) JAPAN - Fuji Speedway F
(TBC) USA - Mazda Laguna Raceway/Daytona Road Course/Willow Springs Big Willow
(TBC) ITALY - Autodromo Nazionale Monza
(TBC) AUSTRALIA - Mount Panorama Circuit Bathurst
(TBC) GERMANY - Nürburgring GP/F
(TBC) MONACO - Cote d'Azur

REGISTRATION

To register, I will need:

FULL NAME:
PSN NAME:
NATIONALITY:
CLASS:
CAR:

Just enter the details below in the replies. Then go and add my PSN (mikey_2412) in case i need to inform you of anything.

7 SPACES OPEN - spaces to be filled by Friday 18 July 2014 (68 Days!) at 22:00 GMT.

DON'T FORGET TO MENTION THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS. :-)
FIRST TEST STARTS THIS SUNDAY! 1 LMP-C PLACE & 6 LMP-O PLACES REMAINING!

Just a suggestion, but maybe spec the cars so they are equal and then make lmp-c (the newer chassis) a pro class and lmp-o (the older chassis) an am class? This way theoretically there could be competition between the two classes however there could be a differentiating factor?

Just a suggestion, but maybe spec the cars so they are equal and then make lmp-c (the newer chassis) a pro class and lmp-o (the older chassis) an am class? This way theoretically there could be competition between the two classes however there could be a differentiating factor?
atm i've just equalised the pp, we'll work on spec during testing

The Total one for me mate. Unfortunately I won't be able to make Sunday testing as it looks like but I'm definitely up for testing during the week then.
okay dude that's fine, so you can only make testing during the week not sundays?

I doubt I'll make it this Sunday either, I'll be competing in the AUEC Total Endurance 12hrs of Le Mans this Saturday from 8:30pm GMT so I'll likely be catching up on sleep when yous are practicing.

I doubt I'll make it this Sunday either, I'll be competing in the AUEC Total Endurance 12hrs of Le Mans this Saturday from 8:30pm GMT so I'll likely be catching up on sleep when yous are practicing.
okie dokie that's fine, there's a test the weekend after anyway :)

Back