WRS Week 18 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 57 comments
EXelero
no offense Casio, but nice to see someone else can compete in D3 for the top spots. :)

Haha, thanks mate. But I thought I'd give everybody else a chance by only really have a crack at it a few hours before submittion...:P

But it's great to see you back! In the top 10 as well!

But I seriously couldn't have knocked top place off circa86, you're amazing, I hope you go well in D2!

Well, not too pleased with my result but I'll bounce back :) Here's my replay

Attachments

• 57.231.max
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
Just what I need, another D3 driver faster then me (div.2) now in Div.2!! Just kidding Circa86, It'll be fun runnin with ya....I think....maybe...s**t.

I know everyone else has said it, but seriously! Hot damn, 1'53s?!?!? Man, I pictured 1'55s for you guys, 1'54 MAX for the H bros. I couldn't see that far ahead coming with the splits. WOW. Great jobs!

This week will be much better for me, none of this 15th place crap. Ouch that's bad. I'll make sure I can spend at least a few more hours on it this week.

yo, congrats to hotboi 4 taking out his second win in a row, also to veilsidber for getting third, i'll post replay soon, cya

Wow, my goal was 2mins.... that wouldn't have helped much....

circa86
so am I verified for Division 2 or do you need a video?

This is proabably something which needs to be taken up with CFM, but this is what the rules state:

-Video captures are not an acceptable means of verification. The use of a file transfer device such as a Max Drive, AR Max, Sharkport, or X-Port must be used when your time needs to be verified. The only other means of verification would be to mail a spare memory card with your race replay to the nearest trusted member of the WRS.

It sounds like posting pics is not enough nor is posting a video.

sorry 4 the long delay, but here is the file (max file, PAL)

Attachments

• WRS week18 CITTA DI ARIA.max
    24 KB · Views: 11
I decided to give converting NTSC to PAL save a whirl...
anyone with a pal console who wants to see if converting hOt6o4bOi's ntsc lap to pal worked?

Attachments

• wrs18_hOt6o4bOi_pal.max
    26.1 KB · Views: 5
i will give ur converted file a go tomorrow dr watson, if it works it would be wicked as i'd love to see hotboi's driving skills on a TV screen as opposed to crappy low quality videos on the computer, the wrs week inspired me to try the s2 liscence test as its basically almost identical to this one, i was suprised to get a number 2 time over at gtrp.de

Dr_Watson
I decided to give converting NTSC to PAL save a whirl...
anyone with a pal console who wants to see if converting hOt6o4bOi's ntsc lap to pal worked?

It doesn't work, and will never work.
Simply because you can't convert a replay done in 60Hz to 50Hz (and vice-versa).

So if you still want to try, then do it, just don't put too much efforts for nothing... ;)

Alright, I've been thinking about a few things, and have decided to move Circa86 and Casio to D2 effective immediately to give the other drivers in D3 a better chance at winning. However...if either of your times are queried in D2 you will have to provide verification via replay device in order to continue. I think in the future I will be a bit less strict on getting verification for D3 drivers, and will simply promote them to D2 more often. I know there are a lot of D3 drivers who simply don't have the time to run that perfect lap and would like more of them to feel like they can submit without feeling like they are going to get blown away. I would like D3 to be a bit more fun for all of you regulars in D3. I will still be very strict with D2 and D1 replays, so I think that cheating in D3 will not be a problem as the possible cheaters will just end up getting moved to D2 where their times will be strutinized more. Hopefully this will work out better for everyone; if not then we can always make a few changes down the road.

Also, to fasj6418...any word on getting your AR Max? I'd like to get this thread archived soon, so I'll give you a few more days to get your replay posted before I close it out. Thanks:tup:

yes, ppucci already sent me, and i received...its in my home (with my parents, in city A) but i´m in my college city (city B) so, i have to wait until my dad visits me to bring a few things... (food, household things and of course, the AR Max)...

so, i don´t know what´s the procedure, i thinks i´ll have both week 18 and week 19 replays ready at the same time... (saturday or sunday i think)

anything just let me know, sorry for the inumerous delays, but now its close 👍

well, after many delays, here´s the replays... (s) because i don´t know what´s the correct file, its just a bunch of numbers... i guided myself because of the size... just that. (but i had more than 20 replays when i uploaded to the PC)

there are two replays of my best runs, i don´t know but in one of then there is a very close call to a wall. i watched many times and i analysed on the log, and i believe the drop of speed and what appears to be a bump are in fact, the car jumping on the curb. i had others runs in which i huged that curb and the car always seems to hit, but it was the curb...

i know some will say its a hit, some will agree with me saying that it was the curb, but in that case is a good thing that i posted 2 replays... one of them has no questions... i also posted my replay of week 19 in the proper thread. i hope to get familiar to the ar max soon, to figure the names...

well, its here. if antyone has a good solution to the file names, just let me know... (i still want to beliave that i don´t have to pass them one by one in order to not make a mistake...)

sorry for the delays...

Attachments

• 97328_1230_GRAN_TURIS.max
    23.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 97328_8399_GRAN_TURIS.max
    23.4 KB · Views: 6
All right, I checked this replay for fasj6418 and there is clearly a touch in the spot that you mentioned. There is also another very obvoius touch on the same lap when you are braking for the final chicane. I'm sorry but your entry for week 18 will have to be removed from the results. I find it hard to believe that you would try to pass this off as a clean run, especially since I clearly explained how to check for wall touches by using the analyzer in the week 18 race thread.

On the first graph is the hairpin before the uphill climb to the finish, you can see the downward spike easily:

dscf00101fp.jpg

You can see that the throttle is fully depressed at the point of the spike to the right of the red vertivcal line.

In the next shot, at the top of the spike, you are going 32.6...

dscf00115uv.jpg

and in the very next frame the speed has dropped to 31.5 mph, which is impossible using only the brakes.

dscf00129yw.jpg

As for the second touch, it is even more clear as shown here, right before you brake, notice the sharp spike as you hit the wall and brake at the same time:

dscf00137wj.jpg

This frame you are at 76.4:

dscf00140sh.jpg

The very next frame is 73.3, a speed loss of 3.1 MPH in ONE frame. Not possible by braking only.

dscf00155fe.jpg

I noticed both touches while watching the replay for the very first time, it was very clear to see the car act unnaturally at the point of contact each time. I only took pictures in the graph to show everyone that there is an easy way to unmistakenly spot a wall touch. Anyone who has a replay device on an NTSC system can download the run and replicate the same results. I also checked out your Week 19 run and it was legal, no problems there. Hopefully, this will not happen in the future from anyone in the WRS, and hopefully you guys will take the time to check each others' runs each week. As for fasj6418, you are still in Div.1, and I hope you can see the mistake as shown. Please do not let this happen again, as it will be your only warning. Carry on as normal. Everyone please check your week 20 runs for touches, and if you are in doubt at all, use the analyzer or send your run to someone for a second opinion like hotboi did in week 18 when he sent me his run. Ultimately, it is up to everyone to compete honestly, and only YOU have the final say as to what run you are going to submit. Please make sure it is the right choice. If in doubt, throw it out. I do not want to see anyone lose their reputation, but the ARE people watching these runs each week, and if someone sees something suspicious, I would hope that it will be brought to my attention via PM.

i'd just like to say that your hand + camera flash reflection in the TV looks like some sort of creepy monster.

CFM

Thank you very much for going to the trouble to show everyone precisely what to look for in the analyzer. It's all very well to have the description but to see it in pictures makes it easy.

I know I've spent a great deal of time in week 20 looking at one of my replays trying to justify a .5 km/h drop in speed near a wall. It was complicated by the fact that I was on a rumble and had just finished changing gear.

In the end I just ran some more and went faster while making sure it was clean. :)

CFM
and fasj6418, who advances to Div.1 starting in week 19, pending verification. He is expecting his AR Max soon so hopefully we'll get to see some of his runs.👍
Disqualified for wall touches:
1'55.295 fasj6418 (Div.2)
CFM
As for fasj6418, you are still in Div.1, and I hope you can see the mistake as shown. Please do not let this happen again, as it will be your only warning.

I'm sorry but I disagree with this! 👎 👎

fasj6418 has posted 2 replays, one of which is dirty and this gets him in div 1!

What about previous weeks when fasj6418 submitted unofficial div 2 winning times?

Alot of people(including myself) have had to post their replays(more then one) to get a promotion! I feel this takes away from the integrity of the WRS.

bhawk776
I'm sorry but I disagree with this! 👎 👎

fasj6418 has posted 2 replays, one of which is dirty and this gets him in div 1!

What about previous weeks when fasj6418 submitted unofficial div 2 winning times?

Alot of people(including myself) have had to post their replays(more then one) to get a promotion! I feel this takes away from the integrity of the WRS.

Well, your runs were clean and I felt that I moved you to D1 when it was appropriate as far as being abe to keep up with D1 times. fasj's times are simply too fast to be left in D2, it would be unfair to the others in D2. I apologize if you feel I took too long to promote you, or that fasj moved up too quickly, I do the best I can in this regard. As far as previous weeks are concerned where his times were unofficial, they were exactly that, and are not a part of the result in any way, nor counted towards Flat-Out's leaderboard. His week 19 time was legal and fits in with D1, so I feel it wold be best for everyone if he stayed there. fasj has recieved a warning for a dirty lap, and I will be lenient since this particular issue has not come up before. Everyone has seen it now, so in the future I will not be so nice about it.

As for the integrity of the WRS, fasj will be asked for replays and everyone (on NTSC) will be able to see them. If you mean to say that the integrity will be ruined by not having to check his replays as often, it is entirely within everyone's right to ask to see a replay from someone, especially if they have a device to do so, and their times are questionable. Just because there is not an asterisk by someone's name doesn't maen that the time cannot be questioned by other drivers. (In a civilized way, preferably by PM to me). I'm sure many people will be looking at week 20's replays very closely this week!:sly: Any refusal or inability to post the replay will result in removal from the official results, just as in the past.

I hope that answers your concerns, if not feel free to post again and clarify, I want to make sure that I do the best I can here and get my viewpoint across as clearly as I can.

ok, i understood better how to use the analyser by viewing pics now... i saw the space between the green graph, and the red graph... works better now... i said in a previous thread that i would like to send that lap to someone more experienced with analyser to check that out...

the only reason that i didn´t is because i didn´t had the ar max at the time...

i say that i had a wrong perception of things... i still don´t know about the second part, the final chicane... guess i´ll have to see that again when i get home from work... i´m glad you watched togheter the run on week 19 to make sure i was serious about the WRS...

for me its logical, i wouldn´t spent 1/8 of what i make every month just to import some device from the U.S if i couldn´t post anything... just doesn´t make sense...

i don´t mind really that it will be some doubters, and i can only ask them to check the replays everyweek... now that i have the device i plan on uploading them even in a mediocre week for me, like week 20...

hope its more clear now, i wont post anything "doubdtful" to avoid that interpretation... but for now, lets get back to the racing... 👍

Back