WRS Week 21 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 51 comments
goixoye
I guess I'll run a backwards victory lap when I get home!!!
:lol: I like that! I think I'll do the same!! Maybe with some tire smoking burnouts!! :)

And thanks for the kind words Kolyana!!

Well, pretty poor showing from me but that's alright, I'll be back ;) Here's my replay

Attachments

• 48.868.max
    16.5 KB · Views: 5
veilsidebr
Nice review, really nice. ;)

I guess in second lap i was gay and lost 0.2 at all. First lap also, maybe 0.3 or 0.2.

Just for reference, did some testing yesterday and i got a best lap in practice mode in 47.4xx, with just setting the car abit lower. I could go alitte faster with these settings, but my sleepy feeling didn´t allow me to drive perfectly, since it was 3 or 4 am around here.

But im sure i could had done 1'42.9.

47.4! My best competition lap was a 48.8xx so with invincible tires and more track time I think a break into the 47's is doable, but that's pretty good.

Care to expound on your driving style and why it's so successful?

With all of my best recorded sectors chained together, I still would've only been in the 1'44.0XX range! Yikes!

-SHig

Left foot braking works really well with race cars because you get instant throttle response. It also stabilizes the car much better than you can with just braking. I use it on all corners except sometimes hairpins and corners that you need to brake from very high speed to a low speed.

icemanshooter23
Left foot braking works really well with race cars because you get instant throttle response. It also stabilizes the car much better than you can with just braking. I use it on all corners except sometimes hairpins and corners that you need to brake from very high speed to a low speed.

Very true, however it is a transitional technique, right? You can brake faster if eventually you fully release the gas can't you?

-SHig

different styles, i see... left foot braking is something i only dream about, cause i don´t have a DFP and i use both sticks in the DS2... but i guess i´m all different, i also use the outside view...

just for noitice, my best laps were 47´9 in practice and 48´5 in races... shigspeed, great review, if you can, watch my replay of a DS2 launch and run, and tell me what you think 👍

i´m looking foward to seeing your replay also shig, looks like a third different driving style...

fasj6418
different styles, i see... left foot braking is something i only dream about, cause i don´t have a DFP and i use both sticks in the DS2... but i guess i´m all different, i also use the outside view...

just for noitice, my best laps were 47´9 in practice and 48´5 in races... shigspeed, great review, if you can, watch my replay of a DS2 launch and run, and tell me what you think 👍

i´m looking foward to seeing your replay also shig, looks like a third different driving style...

Two stick technique? Wow, I tried that back in GT1 times and never got the hang of it. Then I bought a NEGCon controller. That was trick for its time...

You may want to try stick gas/button brake or vice-versa. Might work for you.

Man, that launch really hurt you from the looks of it. Of course practice laps will be faster though since you don't have tire wear.

What color were your tires after two laps?

I'll DL and watch your replay. Stay tuned...

-Scott

I was going to attach my replay but I have a codebreaker (.cbs) and I'm being told it is an invalid file type. Can anybody tell me / direct me to where I can figure out how to convert this file? Or do I need a different device?

Well done everyone. DAMN YOU SHIG!!! Thought I had a podium and you came out of nowhere!! It's all good though, I gave in early, I guess that will teach me!

EDIT: I just watched my replay again and matched up the speeds I hit compared to you guys, I was pretty even in all except for the second left, was hitting 132/130 Lap 1/2 :yuck: . Which is disappointing cuz some laps I had held 138 through there, just not that time. Glad to see I wasn't that far off 👍 .

Now here's the real problem....

I haven't transfered my laps over from my mem card to the computer in a while since I haven't been "required" to submit a lap. (It's a pain in the butt to move my PS2 from the room in which I have my wheel set up to the one with my computer, so this is the reason for my lack of posting.) So now I put up a lap where I need to post. Here in lies the problem. I moved all 9 of my previous weeks over and can't tell which is which!!! Unfortunately with the X-Port, the file names change making it hard to distinguish between multiple files. Well I tried to sort through it and I think I found the right one. If it's not, I'll have to post all of the weeks dating back to week 14 and make someone (CFM) sort through them all, I'm really trying to avoid that. Sorry about this! From now on I'll try to move them all over on a week to week basis.

Attachments

• 44.963.xps
    27 KB · Views: 5
Left foot braking is one useful technique used by race car drivers, that gets you imediate braking response, wich is better since you can brake some more late or you can have better performance at all, but its relative. Some drivers just don´t like it, some like.

For sample, i generally use left foot braking in real life, either on my mom´s car(manual gear) or in karting. I think its useful, my style demands it, also in GT4, i drive mostly on left foot braking, and you can see that in my nurburgring video clearly.

Another example of NOT left foot braking is Hot604Boi, since he doesn´t do that and he´s very fast at all. So, this proves that left foot braking is not better at all, but actually is a style of driving. Curtis doesn´t use it(according to him) and he´s fast at all, so i use it and i can be the same fast too, so, this is more an adapting thing and driving style question.

But if you guys want a tip, my tip is, use it, even in real life, is very useful. For an overtake or simply cornering, when you don´t need to change gears(in manual cars i mean) in the corner, it is really very useful. ;)

For a semi-automatic car is even better, or either auto cars, since there are just 2 pedals mostly like the Driving Force Pro.

With the left-foot braking:

I use it all the time in GT4 (easy with the DFP) and I also use it when I'm rallying. This is for a few reasons: first, it allows you to quickly get back on the throttle after braking (saving a few tenths of a second); and second, it allows you to keep the turbo spinning so you have full boost when you jump on the throttle. It can also be handy to adjust the line of the car mid-corner but this is most effective in front-wheel drive cars.

I've actually used it as well in another rally car I have that had very sensitive brakes but not a very powerful engine. I used to brake with my left foot while still holding maybe 20% throttle, just to stop the wheels from locking up on a very slippery surface.

I don't really recommend using it as a technique in road cars, because you have nothing to brace your body against except by hanging off the steering wheel.

But like everyone has been saying, it's a matter of style. It's not absolutely necessary, but it can help.

replay...I think? can somebody please verify this worked? I used PS2save-builder to convert from .cbs to .max. At least I think maybe I did.

Attachments

• goixoye WRS Week 21 NTSC.max
    21.2 KB · Views: 8
Nice to see some division 1 fresh meat! Congratulations to shigspeed and fasj for making D1 podium. Even if some of us are occupied with BC, those times are definitely very fast and i doubt you guys would place any lower than top 5. It wouldn't be right to take anything away from your placing just because a few of us are busy. I definitely look forward to returning to the WRS and having a 10 round battle with you guys :).

Congratulations to everyone else who raced this week and it looks like a few ppl definitely have a promotion coming up. Keep up the great work.

goixoye
replay...I think? can somebody please verify this worked? I used PS2save-builder to convert from .cbs to .max. At least I think maybe I did.

I'll try and check it out within the next few days, unless someone beats me to it.:)

fasj6418

Checked out the replay. Definitely good stuff except for the launch. You got the first bit in 1st and 2nd okay, but you let the wheels break free. You can't have the slightest bit of spin or you lose huge time!

You need to back down on the throttle input above 3.5-4K RPM or so.

Otherwise, looked good. Faster than veil speedwise through the first half of the lap, then not as fast in the second, but a better second lap than me by around 0.2".

-Scott

goixoye
Yes! It worked. Nice lap! Clean 👍

goixoye
Thanks for checking...maybe one of these days I'll be good enough to be required to submit a replay...one can only dream.
You're welcome. Are you able to convert .cbs to .max? If so, I suggest you watch Veilsidebr's replay :cool:

finally watched your replay shigspeed.

i was really impressed with the launching... i tried in the beggining to start off in 2nd, but then gave up because it was on my first day and i was 100% gas at that time.

didn´t know i could be that faster and rather easy to launch with second gear... great run btw... i imagine you got a lot scared with the slip in the last turn... lost a good 0´2 there, but at least you don´t lost the whole race...

also, your settings i think were responsible for a stronger tire wear... i was surprised, because in my races the tires never got that red...

anyway, great race 👍

Latest Posts

Back