WRS Week 3 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 97 comments
hOt6o4bOi
heres my 1:20.786 lap

if this lap is considerd dirty i have a 1:20.925 ghost lap saved also just in case
If that lap is considered dirty, then tough. You don't get to fall back on another time. If you think it's dirty then you shouldn't have submitted it.

Congrats to all the podiums. :cheers:

And Congrats to Alpine for the promotion. :cheers:

Thanks for organizing CFM. 👍

And thanks Luxy for the great work with the leaderboard. 👍

At last it looks like I got a few points for Cyril's leaderboard. :D When he updates, I might show up and thank him too. ;)

And my usual PAL-replay:

Attachments

• NielsG wrs 03 1,22.860.xps
    28.4 KB · Views: 10
daan
If that lap is considered dirty, then tough. You don't get to fall back on another time. If you think it's dirty then you shouldn't have submitted it.

well to me it is...
but to others who knows

thats why i said that...

Steve57
Congratulations to all Podium Finishers.:bowdown:
Well done to all who submitted a time. :cheers:
Finished 19 in Div 2, 👍 which is great , though i should be in Div3 (CFM notified)

WOULD SOMEONE ELSE LIKE TO PUSH ME DOWN BELOW 20???

Only kidding, congrats on the good finish, Steve :P

Congrats to all those on the podium 👍 👍 Nice finish for your first race, Large_Fryz!

Looks like I'll be moving down in Cyril's stats ... got start going a little better :mischievous:

@hotboi: If in doubt, don't submit. It's pretty poor sportsmanship to submit the faster time and hope nobody objects. If it's close enough to dirty that you feel the need to have a backup run, then you shouldn't be submitting it.

SimRaceDriver
To ballstothewall..aka: Neil...Way to go there man! Wish I could take 2nd place one day in my division! :)
<Hello WRS wk 4! :D>

Cheers mate! hated the car, not too fond of the track, and was completely knocked to the floor when CFM posted the results! (even after adding the second involved in my typo!)
I spent SOOOOOOO much time on it the girlfriend was getting pissed off! lol
Luckily she starts work at 6am and goes to bed at 9, so have whole of most evenings to crack on. Was very lucky that both the ps2 and the steering wheel survived! Nearly threw both out of/through the window.

This week's combo is so different, it had me laughing on the first lap. still gonna be a challenge, esp coz it's 3 laps with AI, but a lot more fun!

And big kudos to Large_fryz, fantastic time mate!

laters

hOt6o4bOi
heres my 1:20.786 lap

if this lap is considerd dirty i have a 1:20.925 ghost lap saved also just in case

Dude!

That ain't right. If you had any question regarding that lap you shouldn't have posted it. If it's deemed dirty, you don't get a 'fall back' lap time to submit, you forfiet this week as a dnf. :irked:

My two bits

idle

seeing as no1 has even seen my ghost replay yet

if you guys think im tryin to cheat in anyway, think wut you want :indiff:

i obviously dont wanna cause trouble, but a couple of you are making such a huge deal over this

if you feel i should be DNF'd if this lap is unclean then so be it

my 2nd best lap still would get first and thats all that matters to me~

just have fun, itz a gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :crazy:

hOt6o4bOi
It's not down to what we think. If you submit a dirty time then you are trying to cheat.

hOt6o4bOi
i obviously dont wanna cause trouble, but a couple of you are making such a huge deal over this
It is a big deal as you are submitting the fastest times to a major competiton at one of the biggest GT boards, if not the biggest.

hOt6o4bOi
[sarcasm]
Well, seeing as it's you, we'll not DQ you then....
[/sarcasm]

Everyone will get a DQ if the lap is unclean, not just you.

hOt6o4bOi
hate it when ppl over the computers try to act all hard and shiet, just have fun for god sakes its a game
I don't see anyone acting "hard". If you think the lap is dirty but still submitted it, then you are trying to cheat.

It's a game when you are playing against the game. It's OK to go off track when you're playing against the game. But when you start in OLR, and submitting laptimes to databases, then you are pitting yourself humans and rules must be obeyed in order to have a level playing field.

You may be fast, but you'll not get any respect.

hOt6o4bOi
seeing as no1 has even seen my ghost replay yet

my 2nd best lap still would get first and thats all that matters to me~

just have fun, itz a gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :crazy:

I'm not callin' you a cheat bro, fast yes, cheat no. But if you had any doubt about that lap you shoulda shelved it.

This track and car combo has a LOT of potential gray area, lot's of rumble hoppin' and whatnot. But the rules are clear enough.

I'm just sayin' that if everyone submitted 'questionable' laps and then could use a 'second fastest' laptime if the 1st was deemed dirty, that would suck, especially for CFM, as he'd have to mediate and work around all that.

I hope your lap is clean, bro, you've consistently pimped that DFP through this series with times that everyone can aspire to run. :sly:

idle

First,what a lot of racers!
If I count it well,82.

So,
Congrats to the podium guys and all of us who made it to the finish.
At least I'm showing some consistency,rather then on Cyril's leaderboard ,number 22 in my div. again.

And a Dutch replay.

Attachments

• wrs3-1.23.059.xps
    31.4 KB · Views: 9
LOL

Man, I guess that replay's gonna get a lot of views and come under some major scrutiny. If I'd come second I'd video capture it and frame by frame the sucker...

/just kidding

i had the same problem as hot. I had a faster lap but it was a judgement call, so I didn't submit. I understand why you would do that and he said it was dirty to him but maybe not by the rules.... but still. We are kinda working on the honor sytem...well at least where i am in the standings.

Yay division 1 now :)
Thanks to everyone who congratulated me and congratulations to everyone on the podium. Wow to the sub 1'21 times... absolutely incredible.

I think you veterans should give 604boi a little break... he's just recently lost his virginity to the WRS system :) and i'm sure he didn't know anything about submitting a "questionable" lap. I for one didn't know what happens if the lap u submit turns out to be dirty.

On a side note, my max drive came in the mail today.. looks like i won't be needing it lol.

Edit: My replay anyways.

Attachments

• 97328_12232_GRAN_TURIS.max
    21.7 KB · Views: 7
I had a time I wanted to sent, but couldn't because my internet wasn't working until now. :(
Oh well, I guess I'll go on to the next challenge.

Congrats to all the podium spots in every division. Well done! 👍

Congrats to Alpine for stepping into D1 with a good showing. 👍

Simply stunning times by H&H as always. Sub 1'21's.... :scared:

(After reading all the posts and seeing the ruffled feathers over hot's comment, I see a blue asterik next to hot604boi's time, has it been verified already?)

truly sorry for creating a inconvenience :(

i did ask for verification from another player which was ben, icemanshooter
he watched it and said it was a close call

and after that i decided to submit that lap.

I am new to the WRS and didnt know about alot of stuff until now.

so for any1 i anger'd im sorry

i dont wanna be on any1z bad side :guilty:

hOt6o4bOi
truly sorry for creating a inconvenience :(

I am new to the WRS and didnt know about alot of stuff until now.

so for any1 i anger'd im sorry

i dont wanna be on any1z bad side :guilty:
Excellent mature post (except for the grammer :P ).

THAT is how you earn everyone's respect. 👍

Even though you are consistently fast and winning or seriously challenging for the overall win, there is much to learn about OLR. It maybe seems to have been a bigger deal since it was for top spot, but I think that everyone would have been equally as pissed if someone else with a slower time did the same thing. Makes no difference if you are fastest, slowest or anywhere inbetween.

Good job everyone 👍

Flinx, did you do 4OTF this week too?
:nervous: I never could get my best or close to best T1 time along with a good lap. Always a decent T1 with a real good lap or a great T1 and a meh lap :lol:
Good job man 👍

I watched hot's run, the turn in question is the lefty after T2 correct?

Now if my understanding of the WRS rules is correct then Hot's run should be conisdered legal. Ok heres what I see with using photomode in the turn in question. Its a very VERY close call.
He does have 2 and 4/5 tires off the track "thats 2 tires and most of a 3rd tire off the track". His right rear tire is 4/5ths of its overall width on the dirt BUT he does have 1/5 of the tire width touching the rumble strip's. Now if my understanding of the rules is right then as long as you have some part of two tires touching the track then the run is legal, which Hot's is.
That might be the grey area if my understanding of the WRS rules is correct or not. Does 2 tires on the track at all times mean you can only have two tires touching grass at all or if you can have 2,3,or even 4 tires touching grass or restricted pavement as long as at least 2 of those tires are making contact with the legal parts of the track. That looks like its the question of the day.

3rdgenracerX
Does 2 tires on the track at all times mean you can only have two tires touching grass at all or if you can have 2,3,or even 4 tires touching grass or restricted pavement as long as at least 2 of those tires are making contact with the legal parts of the track. That looks like its the question of the day.

I would think the latter would be legal.

idle

As long as he has one tyre on the track and another that has only a fraction on track then it's legal IMO. :)

Edit
I'm sure that's correct unless I've been mistaken in all these years of OLR

As a lowely div 3 driver, and also new to wrs, i have followed this discusion all day.
Thanx to 2.2m broad-band/ADSL

This is MY two-peneth!

We are a community of like minded people, who love racing for the sheer enjoyment of it! We don't do it for money, we don't do it for fame, we do it because it's what we enjoy!
That is the purest form of flattery and homage, we mere mortals (who don't have the rich 'daddy's' to fund driving/racing lessons from the age of four/five) can possibly pay to the real-life driver's who risk their lives for the sport!

As such we generally would be a completely honest bunch, to whome 'cheating' or the suggestion of cheating would be abhorant! Hence the reaction hot604boi had was both rightious and understandable.

The other's who started to berrate him, when he said that he wasn't 100% sure about the lap in question; baring in mind that he had another member check the lap for him( which at the VERY least proves that at least he had doubts), should at least bare in mind, that in light of the above paragraph, the only person he would really be cheating would be himself.

And in truth, NONE of us could be proud of topping a table if we KNEW that we had cheated

Above it all, we should be enjoying this experience, as it's the closest most of us will EVER get to top-flight racing!

Peace will reign!

Ain't that the truth!

The other side of the coin is that hot604boi has just turned up and is knocking all these fast OLR guys for 6. The spotlight is bound to be on him until he has proven himself. The good part is that he is supplying replays 👍

Hedging ones bet by having a back-up slower clean time doesn't mix it in OLR I'm afraid, but it was good to see that hot604boi sought a second opinion on his run.

Fair point,
but even Rossie, Schumacha(i don't care i i spell his name wrong, the big chinned rich bugger), or et al were unknown at some point!
Just because he's new on the scene, doesn't mean that the 'old boy's' of wrs should pounce on him like a pack of wolves- just coz he's kicking their collective buts!
Smacks of either envy at the 'NEW Boy's' talent or just plain pissed off at not being top any more!

Fair enough i am just 'spouting off', and i may upset a few! But for christ's sake?

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!
:banghead: :boggled:

Congrat's to all on a challenging week. I'm stoked to see myself place higher again, even if it is only by two spots. I'm actually suprised to see myself where I was considering I couldn't get one clean and fast lap that I was happy with. Looking forward to the next challenge, something a little different.

Ballstothewall, a lot more cheating goes on than you would think mate, and i know hotboi is not cheating and i dont know what he should have done, he seeked a 2nd opinoin what more could he have done?. But you need to realise that its not a lovely game of hokey pokey, people cheat that could be anything from a sligth nick/ 3 tires off the track to full on bouncing off walls and cutting corners and even *gasp* fully making up times, yep its happened before, week 103 at least thats a time i can remeber, Im sure its happend more, but been kept to pm's

After being in WRS for a while you do pick up on some inconsistancies between racers and a few have been caught, At least now with the rules, a cheater cannont win any Division and he pretty much cannot be in Div1, We may not be able to fully stop the cheaters but we can restric them to not being able to win, which is the whole point of cheating anyway.

Sphinx
Hedging ones bet by having a back-up slower clean time doesn't mix it in OLR I'm afraid, but it was good to see that hot604boi sought a second opinion on his run.

But, if we we were all honest, we ALL have a back up lap that is thou's or hundredths slower, that we are CERTAIN about?

Which do we submit? (given that a fellow compatator's verification has been used in this case)

And being 1st in Div1 he is CERTAIN to be asked for verification, would it really be worth it to post/submit a lap that was not gonna cut-the-mustard?

Back