WSC V - Yera Wins Final PT Race, Lout Steals GT Class At Spa!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,366 comments
An average race for me. Final pit stop I had to go and switch of my bloody daughter's vivarium lights so spent longer in the pits than really needed so went a lap down on the GT leaders.

Congrats to Snow and Joe on their series wins, and thanks to Furi for hosting what I think is his best series by far.

Roll on WSC 6 !!

Turns out I was able to hang on to the GT title by just 1 point in the end. Could have ended much worse though.

Got off to a sluggish start in the wet, but found a good rhythm when it dried up. Was in 2nd/3rd about 6 seconds behind Lancer for a long time in my first dry stint, and was getting closer when I got held up badly by DK when he was being lapped. Him taking a defensive line into corners and then using the AC's acceleration to pull away again. I had to dive into La Source like a madman to finally get past. That wasn't really necessary, I must say.

When I came back out of the pits Joe and Lancer were up front, and Lout just came out of the pits ahead of me a couple of laps after I had pitted. I felt I was quite a bit quicker than him, but every time he came back through the long draft sections up to Les Combes and Blanchimont. I was doing low 25's, but every time he passed me out of the slipstream it cost me a lot of time, because I couldn't use the Vette's speed through the turns in the section right afterwards. I actually had thought that both Lancer and Joe would eventually pit again, but that turned out to be wrong. Lout & I surprisingly caught them not far from the end, and after drafting closer to them I apparently misjudged the higher speed and although I could have sworn I braked at least 20m earlier I ran into Lancer's Miura at Les Combes. Apart from losing a lot of time there, I had damage to both my front wheels, but it turned out it only gave me some vibrations and I was able to continue and pass Lancer in the end as he was going slow either because of his tyres or maybe he had damage, too. Lout ahead passed Joe, so it was down to 1 point and that's how it ended. We might even have been level on points, had I finished 4th, but I would have had the tie-breaker with 3:2 wins then. With a stop for repairs, I might have dropped back behind Fox though, and that would have been it.

Unnecessary scare close to the end, but very happy for my first FRL series win! See you in PT next season! (although the way it looks to shape up, I'm gonna miss the GT field ;) Maybe I'll return to GT for GT6's 1st WSC-season. :sly:)

I had engine damage after you ran me over. I chose to keep my word and not pit. At least I still won my class.

Well that went better than expected!

I have no idea of how I managed to win that, I must have been at least 2 seconds of Joe's, Lancers and Snows pace throughout the majority of the race.

I tried to stay out for as long as possible on the first stint, to try and gain any kind of advantage although it didn't seem to help or put me at any disadvantage really.

when I pitted for my second set of mediums snow seemed to be in the pits for quite a while, I managed to get out in front of him, although he caught back up fairly easily. After that I just tried to stay with him which resulted in some great racing and I managed to keep to his pace, the draft helped out a lot though! (sorry for knocking you a few times)

I was quite nervous about running close with snow though, given how close we were in the championship. Any damage I would have given him could be seen as me trying to make him drop back D:

I'm guessing Joe just ran out of tyres at the end? He seemed to be struggling.

Anyway this has been a great season, had some great races with quite a few of you and this was the closest I've ever been to winning a championship.

Congratulations to Joe and Snow to for winning! 👍 Roll on season 6!

I still think full GT grids are the way forward though.

Last edited:
I had engine damage after you ran me over. I chose to keep my word and not pit. At least I still won my class.

My apologies again! Judging from the outcome, I obviously should have braked earlier. I guess it must have been a combination of not having seen where you were usually braking there in the laps before (1 lap before I was still way behind and I didn't know what your tyre situation was), and the additional speed through draft. I wasn't even planning to try to overtake, which is why I was completely surprised when I suddenly saw the back of your Miura approaching rapidly. I know from testing that the Miura has good brakes, but the Vette's should normally be pretty equal. There wasn't even enough time to move to the outside as I was full on the brakes already.

The lesson to learn, as always, is to err on the side of caution in such situations. Failed to do that there. :indiff:

(I didn't know what your tyre situation was)

My last pit stop of the race was on lap 5. I had very little fuel and about as much tire by that point. Like I said, no big deal. Made the championship a bit more interesting, that's for sure.

When will season VI actually start or have dates not been finalised, it will be a 7 race season didn't you say

Before Furi left the room last night he said that practice at Daytona may be as soon as this Sunday. As for the start of season 6, I predict the 20th.

Tried a couple of laps at Spa in the PT-Jaguar and I'm loving it already. From what people posted a 2:19.0 should be in the general competitive area, so looking forward to it!

Tried a couple of laps at Spa in the PT-Jaguar and I'm loving it already. From what people posted a 2:19.0 should be in the general competitive area, so looking forward to it!

It's also the fastest PT on old tyres, even though the indicator shows that they wear quicker than the other cars. At Pescara I ran 42/43 laps in practice until the fuel ran out, and the last lap was only .5 off of my fastest, despite only having abount 5% of my left rear tyre remaining.

The Ferrari is a pain even on new tyres, since the rear loves losing grip under power.

Last edited:
Final tables due saturday + WSC VI.

Errrrhh Maah Gawwwddd...! :drool:

Last edited:
Final tables due saturday + WSC VI.

Errrrhh Maah Gawwwddd...! :drool:

MOTHER OF GOD. :drool:👍 Can't wait for Bathurst, which the V8 Supercar race is next week! ;) Can't wait for WSC VI. :dopey:

rustyMercedes
anybody else notice the Shelby Daytona coupe? will make a good addition to WSC on GT6, can't wait!

That was in previous trailers ;)

Back