WSC VII - DrifterJoe, Snowcrash, Ford Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,073 comments
Uhm, ok, I wasn't going to comment on this, but it seems to me that this got blown way out of proportion. The way I see it, Ryan is by far not the worst driver in GT-O (he even gave Yeratel a run for his money at Matterhorn last Sunday), but he's probably well placed in GT-O's for the time being. GT-P is really no place for anyone that is not very consistent with high-powered cars as he would be endangering the people he races against, but also GT-O participants. That is something that has to be avoided by all means in a series that uses heavy damage. It's not always about single lap speed. GT-O is a great place to learn to be consistent during long races and it's by no means a second rate class. E.g. both Yeratel & me are former GT-P race winners and still choose to race these lower powered cars. It's a great place to hone your skills and learn to make fewer and fewer mistakes.

You others, who have been coming down like vultures on Ryan, give the guy a bit of a break. Yes, his, ahem, "large" post was ... odd, to say the least, but what do you expect from someone that young (no offense, just stating facts here) when you can't stop bringing up his mistakes in GT-P? I don't know what he did in Sunday's race that was so bad (except for the behaviour on the pace laps ... hint, hint), especially to warrant a race-ban. Or was that for the post...?

Anyway, just trying to be a voice of reason.

Ouch :ouch:

He didn't give me a run for my money... He stayed ahead of me in the beggining by not crashing while I was still undecided whether I should throw myself off a cliff or not...

Also, regarding the rest of this whole situation, I also say we should give it a rest for now, and let him return for Spa...

Ouch :ouch:

He didn't give me a run for my money... He stayed ahead of me in the beggining by not crashing while I was still undecided whether I should throw myself off a cliff or not...

Also, regarding the rest of this whole situation, I also say we should give it a rest for now, and let him return for Spa...

Not crashing > fast laps, at least sometimes. :sly:

I did not mention why exactly he was ahead of you (until the last couple of laps IIRC), but that doesn't matter at the end of the day anyway. I got beaten badly in Monza by a bunch of drivers that usually are a bit slower than me, but managed to keep it on the tarmac a lot better than me that day. And if they do, they deserve the credit for that.

After the huge crash with Cam (when I was going to be either closely behind with you leaving the pits or maybe even ahead), I knew any chance of going for the win was gone, so I worked for the FL point, knowing I had more than enough pace for anyone else beside you (not showing off, just refering to this track)...

This is one of those 'what might have been' seasons. Finished 2 races in 2nd place, DC'd from Daytona, and parked it at Le Mans. Missed Nurb and Matterhorn due to (relatively) unforeseen circumstances. But I expect to race at Brands and Spa to finish out the season 👍

OK, did some testing tonight and got a 37.8 best lap after doing some work on the gears.

Though I'm debating with myself to get some aero work done and have the bumper removed like Lout and Randy have already done before the race on Sunday.

Off topic:

Just had some news this morning that by end of August our uprated broadband should be in place and be
100Mb /10 Mb. Nice :)👍

Anyone up for some practice?
1472-4711-0081-4390-8577

Good times. :sly:

Will take a couple of seasons though. C2-time apprently to come next season... ;)

I can wait @snowgt. It'll be like wearing a comfy pair of shoes again. I like the Shelby (in the dry) but I like the C3 better and I aim to win in it again.

Off topic:

Just had some news this morning that by end of August our uprated broadband should be in place and be
100Mb /10 Mb. Nice :)👍

**Double Post Apology**

OK odd thing (anyone explain this) after a visit by a VM technician today after reporting a fault he said he would "change our connection over" in the box in the street. Now according to speedtest.net I now live near Bristol with and outstanding connection speed :boggled:

1'37.2 Well, at least it's an improvement. Now I gotta work on keeping it on the track and go quick at the same time.:boggled:

Ok thanks! Will probably meet you guys on the Sunday when it starts. If you guys are testing I would love to do it. Only problem is I had to format my PS3 and lost all my data. Any chance one of you can send me a ticket or two?

Back