United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
WSC6copy_zps4e127c38.gif

THE GRAN TURISMO 5 ERA:
Chapter I - Spurgy (Jaguar) / Niop (Corvette) / Team Ferrari Champions
Chapter II - Spurgy (Ferrari) / Matty (Dodge) / Team Jaguar Champions
Chapter III - JoeOfTheFire (Ford) / SagarisGTB (AC) / Team Ford Champions
Chapter IV - JoeOfTheFire (Jaguar) / SagarisGTB (Corvette) / O'Rama (Alfa) / Team Jaguar Champions
Chapter V - JoeOfTheFire (Jaguar) / Snowcrash (Corvette) / Team Jaguar Champions
Chapter VI - GTPanoz (Ford) / Yeratel (Lamborghini) / Team Ford Champions

Banner1-OPcopy_zpsb9663f48.gif

PREFACE: Down On The Mulsanne
"Looking right, it stretches into the distance as far as the eye can see from my marshalling post. Here we are, on the Mulsanne straight. Les Hunadieres, which for the past 8 races has been one massive straightaway. Powers that be, however, have since decided we must change. Two chicanes have been inserted on the legendary straight. Normally I'd hear a non-stop whine building up and heading towards me. But suddenly it cuts. Now I hear a loud backfire, a bang heard, as a car downshifts from 200mph for the first chicane up the road. Several others follow, sounding even more aggressive and bellowing.

Then it builds. A glorious orchestra of sounds. Rasping V12's which cut right through you with their sharp pitch. Rumbling V8's make the place vibrate. The deep bass throatiness of the engine makes the very ground around you vibrate. It's an experience that has to be witnessed for yourself, and as I am left struggling to recover from this attack on the senses, I look on my left down Les Hunadieries, watching cars race away. Little over 2 hours later, at approximately 9pm I notice two things, Lights illuminate the ground as the sun is setting, the light will cut through the oncoming darkness, different shapes travelling towards me, like the eyes of an angry monster. There is also a certain mist hanging in the air, with droplets of moisture perhaps beginning to fall.

In 8 events previous Circuit De La Sarthe has never had this. Dawn will become dusk, sun will become rain. It is slowly dawning on me and the entire team here at the marshal post - this championship, this race, this legend - has evolved into something much more fearsome than ever before. Approximately 4am this is exemplified as a Prototype laps a slower GT car, in a blur of flashing light, screaming by sending spray over the barriers.

It's cold, dark, dangerous, and scary. And we're behind a metal barrier. We're not driving at almost 200 mph through all conditions, when one mistake can be the scariest moment of not just your career, but your life behind the wheel.

Sportscar Racing has evolved. This is the Greatest Challenge In Racing - the World Sportscar Championship, Chapter VII."

ENTRY LIST / STANDINGS:
View attachment 124337

Last edited:
Rules & Regulations

Banner2RulesRegscopy_zps7f501ba5.gif

~Races Are Held Sundays in a public lobby hosted by Furinkazen. Please have me added on PSN or you will be kicked on entry if you are not a registered friend.~

~Grip Reduction is set to Real~

~Damage is HEAVY~

~All driving aids except ABS at 1 are disallowed.~

~Draft is Real~

~Timetable will be as follows: 7pm BST Race Room Opens, Free Practise. 7.30pm - Qualifying / 8.0pm Track reset. 8.07pm Race Start.

~All race's barring LE MANS are run with a pace lap. The field paces around at a given speed single file until a call is given over mic to start forming up in a 2x2 formation with at least approximately one and a half to two car lengths between rows. Cars form in ONE group, both classes together. Any cars who did not set a lap are sent to the back of the field regardless of class.

~If a start is not formed in a satisfactory manner then it may called off and another lap will be done under pace speed.~

~Penalties are off.~

~Fuel Use and Tyre Wear is on NORMAL.~

~The WSC Points system will be as follows *10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1* for class results. If you DC or DNF before the 2/3rds mark of the race distance, then you will get half points for your position. If you do not make 2/3rds distance but are still in a spot to get points, you will receive half points.~

~1 Point is awarded for class pole position.~

~1 Point is awarded for class fastest race lap.~

~At LEAST 1 Pit stop is mandatory during the event.~

~In event of a mass disconnection wiping out the majority of the field, note will be taken of the completed race distance. If the race is over 2/3rd complete then race is called and full points shall be awarded. If race is under 2/3rds complete, it shall be restarted with the amount of laps to go - so if during 56 laps of Monza a DC occurs on lap 26, there will be a restart with 29 to go, with 1 of those laps another warm up lap.~

~Drivers who have DC'd before the Red Flag will be allowed to re start, but only at the amount of laps they have done. For example, if I DC'd lap 11 in the event (having completed 10 laps), then I would be considered 17 laps down at the re-start.~

~Foul language in the lobby and / or other negative conduct will result in points deductions and bans.~

~You are generally NOT allowed to swap cars during the course of the season in class. However it is fine to show up in a GT-P one race, and GT-O car another.~

~Mics are on for drivers to talk and relay information to one another~​

Last edited:
Car / Technical Regulations

Banner3ClassesCarscopy_zps2be17ff1.gif

~Cars in both categories for the WSC (GT-P and GT-O) are both only permitted two tyre compunds, SPORT SOFT and RACING RAIN. Power figures may have to be achieved with power limiter (denoted by *) and / or oil change. Performance information plus additional parts to buy are below.

GRAND TOURING PROTOTYPE (GT-P)

A class born out of the old C1 / PT categories. GT-P offers a chance for purpose built sports prototypes to join battle against the most powerful competition spec GT cars. It is these entries that will battle for the major honours in the WSC.

ASGT-P_zps409e8c4c.gif

CORVETTE C2 Z06 - 850hp / 1168kg. High RPM Turbo kit.
FERRARI 330 P4 - 410hp / 792kg. No extra parts.
FORD GT40 - 600hp / 998kg. High RPM Turbo kit.
FORD MK IV - 490hp / 1000kg. No extra parts.
JAGUAR XJ13 - 500hp / 975kg. No extra parts.
SHELBY DAYTONA - 600hp / 1043kg. Engine S3, Supercharger.

GRAND TOURING OPEN (GT-O)

GT-O supercedes the old GT class. As opposed to the mostly road based forerunners, these cars are firmly geared towards competition sharing many tuning components with the bigger Prototypes.

ASGT-O_zps0541a03b.gif

NOTE: ALL cars have Adjustable LSD's, Suspension, and Transmission available even if it not available on the original stock model.

BMW 507 - 315hp / 1103kg. S2 Engine, Sports ECU, Isometric Manifold, Sports Catalyctic Convertor, Intake Tuning.
CORVETTE STINGRAY RACER - 300hp / 1150kg. No extra parts.
FERRARI 250 GT BERLINETTA - 320hp / 960kg. Sports ECU, Isometric Exhaust Manifold.
JAGUAR E-TYPE COUPE - 310hp / 1021kg. Sports ECU, Isometric Exhaust Manifold, S3 Weight.
MERCEDES BENZ 300SL - 310hp / 1059kg. S3 Engine. Isometric Exhaust Manifold, S3 Weight.
SHELBY GT350 - 350hp / 1270kg. Supercharger.

The Races:

Banner4ClassesCarsIIcopy_zps31678ba5.gif

~The WSC season consists of 8 races. The Best 6 results count towards your final total, worst two automatically dropped. . However the LE MANS CLASSIC cannot be dropped, and is also a double points round. The first drop is factored in after Round 6, and the second drop is factored in after Round 7.~

Preview - The Rolex 24 At Daytona
Race Result - The Rolex 24 At Daytona
Race Result - Autosport 6 Hours

ASR12_zps9cd5df5a.gif

4c8b3476-5bb4-4421-afe6-f1ece2ecc7ff_zps1b2cc9ca.gif

ASR3_zps83a1ba96.gif

Last edited:
Amazing set-up, looks great. 👍 My most anticipated race is Brands Hatch, it's gonna be great! If I was mentioned at the least, what am I not allowed in? :P

Amazing set-up, looks great. 👍 My most anticipated race is Brands Hatch, it's gonna be great! If I was mentioned at the least, what am I not allowed in? :P

Just the Mk IV appears taken, as does the Shelby :P

Looking good Furi 👍 I may be in part-time at the end of the season depending on when this starts, and when STCC finishes, racing in GT-O but I can't confirm anything yet

Expecting some BoP changes. Shelby already seemed a tad OP in testing. Hopefully we can get some people together to test this sunday.

Thought you said the Corvette concept car had upgrades @Furinkazen when we did a bit of testing around 10 days ago as I was a few seconds off your time around both Daytona and Bathurst

Thought you said the Corvette concept car had upgrades @Furinkazen when we did a bit of testing around 10 days ago as I was a few seconds off your time around both Daytona and Bathurst

Want to get a field together, as ToCA and others have proven, we need a few drivers and cars to test together for results. The specs are very much subject to change.

Also @RedPartyhat is coming back maybe.

Oh and HELLO @DrifterJoe @OK8 ;)

Expecting some BoP changes. Shelby already seemed a tad OP in testing. Hopefully we can get some people together to test this sunday.

If I can be pulled away from F1 2013, (I finally got my wheel's shifter working again :D), I'll join in this sunday...

I'll be there Sunday. Just don't forget that if you cut the SD that it will still need more pit stops than the MK IV or the 330.

So, Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

If I can be pulled away from F1 2013, (I finally got my wheel's shifter working again :D), I'll join in this sunday...

👍
I'll be there Sunday. Just don't forget that if you cut the SD that it will still need more pit stops than the MK IV or the 330.

So, Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

Thought you were referring to a Motorhead song for a minute :dopey:

Cutting HP will lower fuel consumption. It's a balancing act and a pretty brave task but this can work :)

Back