WSCC - Nürburgring 500km - Nissan SILVIA RM 02 - ***COMPLETED***

• Thread starter gippone
  • 158 comments
Due to tonights Champions League semi-final between Real Madrid and Bayern München I will not be joining tonights practice session.
I will however join on Friday.
My livery for the race will be White with Orange wheels.

Regards

I was curious about the HP limit of 276hp.

If we are using a car that has been broken in, and therefore at 287HP at its stock maximum, do we have to use the power limiter to restrict?

If that's the case are you better off using an "unbroken" car as the rate at which the power drops off will be less(?) than a car which has previously been broken in and restricted by the power limiter?

When breaking in the car the power goes up before it drops off due to the oil becoming dirty.

I have no intention of causing trouble I was just seeking clarification.

I was curious about the HP limit of 276hp.

If we are using a car that has been broken in, and therefore at 287HP at its stock maximum, do we have to use the power limiter to restrict?

If that's the case are you better off using an "unbroken" car as the rate at which the power drops off will be less(?) than a car which has previously been broken in and restricted by the power limiter?

When breaking in the car the power goes up before it drops off due to the oil becoming dirty.

I have no intention of causing trouble I was just seeking clarification.

I think you might be right about this....

Yes, I suggest to use a new unbroken car for the race for the reason you listed. The limit will remain at 276bhp for ensure not hitting limiter in the final straight (since gear change is prohibited) :)

Okay. Well my "broken" car doesn't hit the limiter, but I've not tried it in a slipstream yet. Maxes around 245kph.

Edit: And an unbroken car, fresh from the NCD with RM applied has 278HP on my game....

Last edited:
Okay. Well my "broken" car doesn't hit the limiter, but I've not tried it in a slipstream yet. Maxes around 245kph.

Edit: And an unbroken car, fresh from the NCD with RM applied has 278HP on my game....

Yesterday we tried a 3 laps race and in the slipstream with 276bhp is good, we did not hit the limiter. Yes the car brand new is 278HP that is why I just decided to reduce it a little.

Today another training session at around 8pm BST. I will open the room but I cannot stay much due to personal reasons. I will leave the room open anyway :)

I'll be there :) need to get some practice in for this, and need a pretty colour scheme for my car too, anyone have any nice suggestions? Haha

About the power thing, it'll make such little difference in a race this long. Consistency > all

Practise room is up :)

Room closed now. See you all tomorrow!

Last edited:
Hi Just got an odd email about this race. I am not a WSCC member...

I am interested - but this is very short notice about it. (less than 24 hours) so understand if I am not a valid entrant for the race.

I guess i need to buy a fresh Silvia Premium, Rice Modify it, and maybe buy some Race tyres... that is the limit of Tuning save Brake Bias - (WhicH i will probably set to 3/2)
I run no driver aids -

Car colour -

Usually British Racing Green with Orange Wheels Car Number ... 62 or 68
(Though I may reverse this so as not to conflict with another driver who is already in the best livery) (Bright Orange car, BRG wheels)

#62 - Combonation A Excellent Green (Mazda) + Rosso Dino (Ferrari) Wheels
#68 - Rosso Dino + Combonation A Excellent Green Wheels (Sort of reversed Away alternative kit)

Ryk/Ryk_BRM

Last edited:
Ryk
Hi Just got an odd email about this race. I am not a WSCC member...

I am interested - but this is very short notice about it. (less than 24 hours) so understand if I am not a valid entrant for the race.

I guess i need to buy a fresh Silvia Premium, Rice Modify it, and maybe buy some Race tyres... that is the limit of Tuning save Brake Bias - (WhicH i will probably set to 3/2)
I run no driver aids -

Car colour -

Usually British Racing Green with Orange Wheels Car Number ... 62 or 68
(Though I may reverse this so as not to conflict with another driver who is already in the best livery) (Bright Orange car, BRG wheels)

#62 - Combonation A Excellent Green (Mazda) + Rosso Dino (Ferrari) Wheels
#68 - Rosso Dino + Combonation A Excellent Green Wheels (Sort of reversed Away alternative kit)

Ryk/Ryk_BRM

Welcome Ryk, you're the first in reserve list, if someone drops you can enter the starting grid :)

Number 62 is free so you can go for it 👍

.Cheers
just about to enter the matrix and find gprili's room - how hard can it be?

Sports tyres too... all good.

Lets have a good clean race.

Ryk (62)

I can't join! Keep getting disconnected and I don't know why!

Edit: I've tried many times now and i've got 100% internet signal strengths, all ports forwarded, and cache cleared. Either there's something funky going on with the network or someone else doesn't have a strong connection. I'm sorry to miss this one. Frustrated!

Good luck to everyone...

Last edited:
tumbleweed.gif

Everyone fall asleep directly after the race? :lol:
coffee.gif

Awaiting race reports. :sly:
popcorn.gif

It was a grueling experience using the DS3.

I was running quite well in the daylight, when darkness came I became my own worst enemy. A bad workman blames his tools, but I had the brightness at maximum using an ancient tube TV and bam, couldn't see a thing. Had to drive using the minimap for apexes. By the end of lap 8 I was already 2 minutes down, and taking on grass and kitty litter peft, right and centre. So I pitted at the end let it fill with fuel and took a 4/5minute smoke and toilet break.

Didn't see another car on track! And then there was an almighty ray of light and suddenly I was back lapping like I'd never had a problem.

By the end my fingers were cramping I was miserable and downright tired. I don't think a hangover and then spending the morning ripping out a concrete floor really helped get me in the zone.

I had one good lap the entire race where I hit a 9:26, low ish fuel and slightly worn tyres.

Not sure I'd do another Rung Enduro, well I'll be needing an HD LCD/LED TV and a Wherl.

I finished, albeit a total of 7:30s down, but my goal was just to survive and not get lapped - I knew I'd have to stop for a rest at some point.

Not helping me was trying to stay out one lap longer on the tyres. Should not have tried that. Lesson learned, 4 laps max on SS for a 3 hour race!

Unusually sloppy driving from me today.

Kudos to those freaks running consistently through the night, I am jealous :)

Nürburgring 500km - Nissan SILVIA RM '02 results:

1° MindlessRiff
primo.gif

2° GBRC_tyrrell
secondo.gif
+03.417
3° sagarismic
terzo.gif
+1:45.758

4° gprili +2:07.284
5° MorphicJim DNF
6° DitQuois DNF
7° GTP_Vegard DNF
8° ADR_BRONCO -4 laps
9° Minty_Cymru -9 laps

👍

NOTE: Rockr_Elite ignored completely the pace start procedure and just for this is banned from any other WSCC events.

Congratulation to MindlessRiff for taking another fantastic victory & for anyone who took part in this race.

I have many ideas for endurances on the green hell, next one probably for the end of may... stay tuned on GTP.

Congrats to Mindless, rotten luck for Vegard who was also in the running, and thanks to you both for keeping me on the edge of my seat for 3 hours 12 minutes. I mean it when I say there wasn't a dull moment - the race itself went in a flash!

I'd have considered myself the narrow favourite until the middle of the race, when I mistakenly thought I'd under-fuelled, and on laps 11 and 12 started pegging back the revs in the hope of making it to the next fuel/tyre stop within my decided strategy; I don't think I'd have done 5 laps without losing too much time. However I lost time to Mindless all the same, and suffered further from a lap 12 spin at the beginning of the final straight, having been 18 seconds ahead (slashed to less than 10). From then on, it could have been any of us three, but Vegard seemed to falter a little despite his strong pace, and had a number of excursions - unlucky! Me and Riff seem to be on a dead par, and I was firmly about 8 seconds behind him for the last leg, give or take. Then on the last lap he lost time somewhere, and I came in 3 and a half seconds behind. Just goes to show, a single error can mean the different between victory and defeat - and an endurance is basically a long ***ing sprint!!! XD

Thanks again to Gip for hosting a great race!

Well. That was a pretty darn incredible race! 3 hours to only win by 3 seconds is pretty ridiculous haha. Not gonna lie, those last 6 laps were tough, had to keep pushing qualifying style just to keep the gap I had after pitstops, I'm frankly amazed the tyres lasted for all 4, although I did lose a few seconds on the last lap each time as I was torturing my tyres.

Edit: yeah Tyrrell, I strayed into the gravel before the banked corner before the straight (whatever it's called :P) every mistake was costly over 3 hours, sooo tough!

Tyrell and Vegard, you guys are so quick! Any even tiny mistake I'd make and I'd drop back a few tenths/seconds, and the consistency was nuts, every split most of the time changed by a couple of tenths, and I think the final result speaks for itself regarding the closeness :P

My right hand ached a bit at the end as well, 3 hours pushing on a DS3, won't be doing that again for a while lol. Well done to all who competed, and gippone for hosting again :)

Sounds good :) Buuut, I can't really do Sundays in general, have a good one though! I'll have to join you in the next one :)

Ouch, DNF, that hurts....💡

Nürburgring 500km - Nissan SILVIA RM '02 results:

1° MindlessRiff
2° GBRC_tyrrell +03.417
3° sagarismic +1:45.758

4° gprili +2:07.284
5° MorphicJim +4:54.807 (as Mindless crossed the finish line)
6° DitQuois +7:34.034 (ditto)
7° GTP_Vegard +1 lap
8° ADR_BRONCO +4 laps
9° Minty_Cymru +9 laps

Who gets the Tyrrel Special Prize?

Another 27 laps and I'd've had you all, in fact I would have won within the 20 laps but perhaps it was only me that noticed, at the end of the back straight, on the bridge, there was a speed camera!! .... so be expecting some points on your licences.:)

Thanks Gprili 👍, this was epic fun, 5 mins off the pace after 3hrs and I'm actually quite proud of myself....and I didn't need to pee!

ps. Apologies for forgetting about the rolling start. I made up about six places before I twigged :dunce: then pulled over to the right and took last place for the start.

Last edited:
I started on pole and together with Tyrrell and Mindless, opened up a gap on the first stint.
I was on a 3 stop strategy and needed to conserve my tires. (Easier said than done when you have a car to chase).

On my third stint i pushed too hard and at the end of lap 13 i dived in for a set of fresh rubber
I came out just behind Tyrrell with a 9 second gap to the leader, Mindless.
After a lap of batteling Tyrrell i managed to overtake and started gaining on the leader. Down to just four seconds, i knew we both had to stop one more time and i had the advantage of fresher tires.

But then disaster struck. Exiting Schwedenkreütz @ 140 mph i put a rear wheel on the grass. I almost managed to gather it up but got another wheel on the grass and fishtailed down to the gravel trap where i ended up facing the wall, stationary!

A 30 second gap became 45 seconds after several other incidents and my car was constantly running on dirty tires.
Exhausted and in serious need of a toilet break i parked it in the pits and retired.

Looking forward to racing with you again.
Maybe the Impreza vs Evo race 👍

Back