WTC700 @ Le Mans Garage

• Thread starter jrbabbitt
  • 137 comments
i tried the r34 nur it is fast but i couldnt make 3 laps on FM6 lol
Some cars can’t unfortunately. But when I find myself really enjoying the car, I just say eff it and run it anyway. Usually a pit after L2/4/5 to account for weather and allow me that hot lap on 7.

Screenshot_20220709-202214_PS App.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220709-202244_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20220709-202244_PS App.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20220709-202235_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20220709-202235_PS App.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 51
my best time was with honda nsx '17 30:03:274. 6 laps then wait at the end for time to run out. any other cars like this? fuel map i alternated between 1 and 6

Last edited:
my best time was with honda nsx '17 30:03:274. 6 laps then wait at the end for time to run out. any other cars like this? fuel map i alternated between 1 and 6
I’ve done it with quite a few, it comes down to conditions more than anything. My best 7-lap time was in the low 30:20’s, but I’ve seen sub-30:10’s on 7 laps from other drivers. That’s where I’d like to get personally.

MAZDA RX500 '70
Ummm wow! What a thrilling drive this one is. I got smacked by the worst rain storm I’ve ever seen in this game and still turned some nice lap times. Unfortunately, I had to settle for 6 laps because the weather was so bad (and I botched 2 turns in L6), but I was on target to lap at least half the field. Easily hits 200 on the straights, but she’s so light she struggles in corners and under heavy braking. The 5 laps on FM6 is super impressive, but with what Sarthe likes to throw at you, 3 laps at FM1 was what I really appreciated. There’s definitely a learning curve for driving this car, but I’m really looking forward to mastering her.

C5420AF8-73EF-497B-9A4C-A8AC0C22B2F1.jpeg

6851B552-BF01-4E1E-B4E9-2AF82D3F0CAF.jpeg

Ummm wow! What a thrilling drive this one is. I got smacked by the worst rain storm I’ve ever seen in this game and still turned some nice lap times. Unfortunately, I had to settle for 6 laps because the weather was so bad (and I botched 2 turns in L6), but I was on target to lap at least half the field. Easily hits 200 on the straights, but she’s so light she struggles in corners and under heavy braking. The 5 laps on FM6 is super impressive, but with what Sarthe likes to throw at you, 3 laps at FM1 was what I really appreciated. There’s definitely a learning curve for driving this car, but I’m really looking forward to mastering her.

View attachment 1177342

funny thing about the RM tyres is they burn up too fast...

funny thing about the RM tyres is they burn up too fast...
I didn’t even other trying to buy them after seeing that. I did use RS’s as my opening tires, they pushed it to like 702, just about perfect. I had good wear after 2 laps, so its a nice pairing with this car at FM1 if the weather behaves for your first 3 laps.

I’ve done it with quite a few, it comes down to conditions more than anything. My best 7-lap time was in the low 30:20’s, but I’ve seen sub-30:10’s on 7 laps from other drivers. That’s where I’d like to get personally.
I got a 7 lap 30:04 in almost perfect weather with the swapped rx7 today. I have driven about 2,000km on it at this point though!

Can you update this tune for the CLK-LM race car because its PP was changed during the update?
It's easy to re- adjust the settings yourself, all I do is play with the ballast, downforce, and slight adjustments to the suspension to get there car back under the 700PP limits.
All my tuning posts are just starting points for you the driver to tweak and adjust to your driving style, my setups are made for controller driver in mind and I know that "wheel" setups can be different.

FORD GT40 '66

View attachment 1157497Range: 3-4 laps @ FM6 (depending how you drive)
This Ford will drink fuel and to be able to make it last for three laps is to put FM to 6, although this does decrease the overall speed it still can get and hold the lead by the pit stop at end of lap three. If and when you need to change over to WETS, top off on the fuel just to maintain the ability to run 3 laps before refilling.
View attachment 1157498View attachment 1157499

i was suprised how good this car ran sarthe 700, at fm4 it was still fast and hitting 300kph easily on the straights.very good in corners and very stable in the hard braking zones.i just changed the aero maestro praiano style very low front very high rear.

thanks for the tune friend!

I do this race at least a couple of times a day. Lately, I've been running the 1984 Ferrari GTO. It's fast but not the greatest for fuel mileage but easily doable until you get trapped on a rainy circuit unintentionally, on Race Hards. At that point it's a bit skittish. Its light, with no downforce.

Another really good choice it the Lambo Murcielago. If and when you do get into the unintentional wet zone with the Race Hards, that 4 wheel drive allows you to move in the deep water while Portilla, Blazsan, and McEwen are floundering and flubbing. Meanwhile you have the capability to get into the pits for Wets.
The Murcielago is fast, up to 190 mph on straights which easily gets you out front on the first lap. I used Praiano63's tune for the Lambo, and almost all my cars, including the GTO Ferrari. The Lambo will do 3 laps including the heavy fuel consumption of the first passing lap to get out in front. I find that if I can get 40 seconds in front then I can pit for fuel and or tires, and depart, still in front.

I have found that keeping the weather radar on 50 miles gives me some advance warning as to what is coming and more importantly, how much is coming, and when it's coming. The A.I. don't seem to use this, or know how to use this and that is why the faster trio mentioned above will often end up giving up half a lap. There appears to be a real reluctance of the A.I. to change from Race Hards to any kind of rain tires, and if they do, it is to get Intermediates.

Another fact is that Portilla and crew will usually pit on lap 6 for fuel. This can give you another 30 seconds in the bank if needed. Just make sure that you have enough fuel to carry on without pitting on lap 6, or 35 seconds ahead if you must have more fuel.

Having used weather radar my whole life as an airline pilot, it is very easy for me, and I recommend that everyone use it to figure it out and give yourself an edge in tactical racing. That is really what this race is all about. The fast A.I. guys rarely go over 160 mph. They are hauling around all that drag producing downforce of their Gr.4 machinery. We, are not! Hope this helps.
Cheers, Pete
I don't understand how the Lambo can last 3 laps for you when it shows 1.9 laps for me even on FM6? It is indeed very fast but the fuel management is impracticable.

1.9 at the start of the race can shoot up to 2.4ish once you hit the straight. That indicator is wildly inaccurate, to the point that I’ve abandoned predictions even at the hairpin and run all the way to the pit entry before i render a verdict on a car/tune’s fuel economy and even then I’ve noticed a few inaccuracies.

EDIT: I just realized you were talking about the best car in the game, my sweet, sweet ‘84 GTO. The tune I use (modified Exeter tune) can definitely pull 3 laps.

Last edited:
I run the Subaru WRX Gr4 and win 99% of the time. Almost fall asleep on the straights. You can mess with fuel maps if you need to but I can run map 1 and do a 1 stopper after lap 3 and finish with quite a gap. I've got a set of intermediates that I almost never use. It takes a lot of blue spots(heavy rain) inside green on the radar to make me consider intermediates. Otherwise it's just race hards from start to finish. I also have just about everything available from the garage you can put on this thing. Lowering it completely in the front and leaving a little rake in the back is the only tune I've done. PP 682.

(Update 9/16) Still a great set up but definitely much more difficult with the updated tire model.

Last edited:
Last edited:
When I do no turbocharer like on the second tune where it says normal turbocharger I only get 659.44 PP? The only options with a turbo charger are none, medium & high? I double checked all other settings? What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
The selection of "Normal" is none, I meant this as you didn't have to buy a medium or high RPM Turbo. Sorry for the confusion
I chose not to use the turbos because they tend to drink more fuel and this is a fuel race

Last edited:
Ran this one today. Had to raise the ride height and adjust the ECU a little to make the 700pp.

Excellent! Great turn-in, grip, and gas mileage.

Thanks.
Due to the update, I had to futz with the ECU and ballast a bit to get it back down to 700pp. Still excellent.

View attachment 1177342

hey brother @Live25 how is this car in your end right now? it's seems it became a lot nervous in heavy braking, loosing the rear became common.i don't remember it this bad i love using this car in sarthe 700 but right now i just can't :(:(:(

hey brother @Live25 how is this car in your end right now? it's seems it became a lot nervous in heavy braking, loosing the rear became common.i don't remember it this bad i love using this car in sarthe 700 but right now i just can't :(:(:(
I haven’t driven it since that test, but I can revisit her and see what I find. I’m sure she can’t no-stop anymore simply due to the new tire wear. It seems to me one of the tuners had an easy fix for that behavior, but I can’t remember what it was.

I use the RCZ Gr.3 tuned as in the screen shots bellow. I always win the race, at times pretty much overlapping the entire grid. 2nd set of tires are IM. I pit stop twice as all the other cars do. Once I was able to win with 1 pit stop cause of heavy rain.

Enjoy.

IMG_1145.JPG
IMG_1146.JPG

Last edited:
Back