WTF happened at daily races in Red Bull Ring???

Belgium
Belgium
The Penalty system in GT Sport is a complete mess, that everybody knows already, but what happened at the red bull ring this week???
I did 176 races this year (2021) and I was always SR:S with 99 points (2 days 98 points). Normally people can do whatever they want without any penalty: they punt you of the track, deliberately as a method to gain a few places etc... But now on Red Bull Ring it rains penalties for no reason at all. I got several penalties for "pushing a car of track" without seeing any car near me etc... In the last race I started in 3° position. I drove very carefully as for not hitting anybody. After the first corner, Car 1 and Car 2 were 50 meters in front of me and suddenly "2 seconds penalty for hitting another car": THERE WAS NO OTHER CAR AROUND. I don't understand any of this any more. I dropped from SR:S with 99 points to SR:B in 3 races????
I'm thinking of quitting this ******** game, as there is no motivation left, if you can't understand what is happening out there.

Any advice anybody??

Everyone bitched about the penalty system being too lax, so they reverted it it seems.

Either you hit a car and it took some time to display the penalty or maybe you or someone else lagged ? I don't think a "false" penalty as described is common.

Last edited:
Everyone bitched about the penalty system being too lax, so they reverted it it seems.

Either you hit a car and it took some time to display the penalty or maybe you or someone else lagged ? I don't think a "false" penalty as described is common.
I certainly didn't hit any car, I was very cautious about that, because I wanted to get my SR rating up again. It was in the first lap in the first corner, so no delayed penalty?? Do you get a penalty if you lag without hitting someone and without leaving the track-borders?

Lag has seemed to be a serious issue lately. There's a clip in the FIA thread about someone getting punted by a guy that was 7 sec behind him, according to the displayed info on his screen. I just had an issue last night where a guy swore that he was racing clean on his end but on my end I was getting bumped in every corner. We don't have replays to compare but given what I've seen lately I'm inclined to believe him.

My guess is that you're the victim of lag.

Any advice anybody??
Firstly, stop posting threads in the Online Racing & Leagues forum unless they're about online racing and leagues. This is the fourth time you've done this and I've transferred it to the right forum, and I've sent a notification about it to you every time. There's a big, pinned thread about it.

Secondly, if you're bringing a problem, bring video of the problem, so we can all actually see what it is. The PlayStation 4 (and 5) records literally everything it sees, and it takes under 10 button presses to save a video and transfer it onto a USB drive (though you can spend a little longer trimming it for relevance). It's far, far easier to diagnose an issue, or explain a process, if everyone can see what you're talking about. I mentioned this in the last thread.

Your issue here is almost certainly lag. You are hitting cars, you just might not be able to see them. However without any video of it, we're all just guessing.

Last edited:
Firstly, stop posting threads in the Online Racing & Leagues forum unless they're about online racing and leagues. This is the fourth time you've done this and I've transferred it to the right forum, and I've sent a notification about it to you every time. There's a big, pinned thread about it.

Secondly, if you're bringing a problem, bring video of the problem, so we can all actually see what it is. The PlayStation 4 (and 5) records literally everything it sees, and it takes under 10 button presses to save a video and transfer it onto a USB drive (though you can spend a little longer trimming it for relevance). It's far, far easier to diagnose an issue, or explain a process, if everyone can see what you're talking about. I mentioned this in the last thread.

Your issue here is almost certainly lag. You are hitting cars, you just might not be able to see them. However without any video of it, we're all just guessing.

I'm very sorry that I put my thread in the wrong forum, I wasn't aware of that. You mentioned the "lag problem". Now I can explain why at some races there was a car overtaking me out of the blue, when it should be 4-5 seconds behind, according to the info on my screen. This explains it. However, when you hit a car that you can't see because of the "lag" problem, shouldn't you feel the hit then? I felt nothing, I saw no cars around me... If there is no other explanation, It should be the lag then?

I'm very sorry that I put my thread in the wrong forum, I wasn't aware of that. You mentioned the "lag problem". Now I can explain why at some races there was a car overtaking me out of the blue, when it should be 4-5 seconds behind, according to the info on my screen. This explains it. However, when you hit a car that you can't see because of the "lag" problem, shouldn't you feel the hit then? I felt nothing, I saw no cars around me... If there is no other explanation, It should be the lag then?

What you see and feel is your PS4's prediction based on the last data it received from the server. If the data of the collision isn't updated until after it occurred that's when weird things like a penalty being issued for things you didn't see happen.

Last edited:
Back