WTF?!?! (Nice update)

I read in the begin of the may that GT Academy 2012 isn't available in Finland (for example). Huge disappointment. Ok, GT Academy isn't in the Game's News or the Finnish PS Store.

Today, when this new upgrade came, my game news has subject "Download GT Academy 2012 for free". I was... "WTF, has PD publish it in Finland?!?". I went to the Finnish PS Store and there it is ready to download. I click the download and... there came an message "this content isn't available on your account". MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT!!!!! Why they are telling this in the news if it isn't available? And why they put it to the PS Store if you can't download it?

👎 👎 👎:crazy: :yuck: :grumpy:

I read in the begin of the may that GT Academy 2012 isn't available in Finland (for example). Huge disappointment. Ok, GT Academy isn't in the Game's News or the Finnish PS Store.

Today, when this new upgrade came, my game news has subject "Download GT Academy 2012 for free". I was... "WTF, has PD publish it in Finland?!?". I went to the Finnish PS Store and there it is ready to download. I click the download and... there came an message "this content isn't available on your account". MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT!!!!! Why they are telling this in the news if it isn't available? And why they put it to the PS Store if you can't download it?

👎 👎 👎:crazy: :yuck: :grumpy:

Sorry to hear about your issue, but GT Academy 2012 is available in Finland. One of my GT5 friends lives in Finland and he is doing GT Academy. His scores are on the board for me to see and try to beat. There must be a different reason why it's not allowing you to download it. You might call your local gaming shop and talk to them about your issue and try to get it resolved.

Sorry to hear about your issue, but GT Academy 2012 is available in Finland. One of my GT5 friends lives in Finland and he is doing GT Academy. His scores are on the board for me to see and try to beat. There must be a different reason why it's not allowing you to download it. You might call your local gaming shop and talk to them about your issue and try to get it resolved.

Hmmm - maybe he/she downloaded it from the other store than Finland. A lot of people do that... that have fake account.

Finland isn't in the list:

Europe:
Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg
France
Italy
Spain and Portugal
Switzerland
Austria and Poland
UK and Ireland

Source: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-academy-2012-launches-today-in-15-countries/

But what I'm trying to tell is, that it is in Finland news and PS Store. And it should be there.

Lots of countries are not on "the list" but are able to play it. (Japan, Canada, etc)

Agreed with post above, it has to be another reason.

MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT!!!!!
Well, if you would live 80km south from FI, like I do, you will get very soon used to "living" in some hotel in US or UK to use PS3 at all :)
So give yourself a virtual vacation in some supported country while the GT Academy lasts.

Just create a dummy account located in UK, download the Academy and start playing on your regular account. We ( I'm also a Flying Finn) will not be able to participate in the competition to be a real race driver anyhow.

Just create a dummy account located in UK, download the Academy and start playing on your regular account. We ( I'm also a Flying Finn) will not be able to participate in the competition to be a real race driver anyhow.

Thank you! This was a relief - to know I'm not the only person in Finland who gets the error message, even it should be downloadable.

I will use the dummy account, because "the legal way" don't work.

Thanks again.

I believe you also have to be 18 to download it since if you do end up winning, you'd be subject to having a career/job.

I'm certain they wouldn't allow 14 year olds to give it a try, beat everyone, and then drive an LMP for the rest of their life.

I believe you also have to be 18 to download it since if you do end up winning, you'd be subject to having a career/job.

I'm certain they wouldn't allow 14 year olds to give it a try, beat everyone, and then drive an LMP for the rest of their life.
They let everyone play it but they don't let anyone under 18 be a finalist in the real life part of the competition. (It may be a different age than 18). I don't know if they replace those people with other drivers or just have less finalists.

I'm more concerned about what they do with people who can't drive stick, such as me. I'm trying to learn but there's no way I'd have enough experience by the time the competition gets going. Not that I have much of a chance of winning anyway.

They let everyone play it but they don't let anyone under 18 be a finalist in the real life part of the competition. (It may be a different age than 18). I don't know if they replace those people with other drivers or just have less finalists.

I'm more concerned about what they do with people who can't drive stick, such as me. I'm trying to learn but there's no way I'd have enough experience by the time the competition gets going. Not that I have much of a chance of winning anyway.

they replace them with someone over 18 if that were to happen, and are you really fast in GT but can't drive stick? i'm 99.9% sure the academy Z's are manual.

They removed the news from the Official Finnish Gran Turismo site quite quickly. So probably it shouldn't be there. But they left the GT Academy to the Finnish PS Store, but I can download it.

I believe you also have to be 18 to download it since if you do end up winning,

Yes, I'm much older, but unfortunately living in wrong country... :ouch:

I created a dummy UK account and that was the time, when fun part started. :) I drove all 30 gold last night. That was fun. Looking forward to drive event 7 & 8 too.

Well, maybe next year other countries (that was left out) can also participate. I hope so.

Rock on!

Back