x of 206 Roads Driven and other Horizon clues

• Thread starter t.o.
  • 43 comments
Just to point out, the reviews we've seen lately have 'xxx/217 roads driven', 11 more roads than the E3 demo.

There are a few 'car based' things i'd like to see in horizon.
  • The package delivery, "I need a ride" and the Car drop off missions were extremely cool, they just gave you an excuse to check out the cars or just drive while still adding to progression though the game.
  • The car rental service, also awesome for checking out cars, but also helpful for completing one-off missions you didn't own or didn't want to own a car for.
  • The Windows and seat positioning. Seat postioning is something a lot have been asking for even in forza motorsport. The windows are cool simply because they altered the sound of the car from cockpit view. Seems minor but many minors make a major.
  • Make your own playlists, TDU actually allowed you to add these and made them part of the car radio controls allowing you to skip track with it. Not everybody has or wants a Xbox media remote, and even then I don't think that allows you to adjust the volume ala the in-car radio in TDU.

Just a few of the cools things in TDU1, not involving avatars.

[*]The windows are cool simply because they altered the sound of the car from cockpit view. Seems minor but many minors make a major.

This was such a cool feature in TDU. Going into tunnel and lowering windows to hear the engine sound. This would be extremly cool in Horizon, cause of the sound system that they have (assuming that sounds are the same as in F4)

This was just posted in another thread.
Looks like there is a part missing on that map, if you look to the right at the black part, where all the mountains could be (looks like it), and at the top right there's a 'village'.

ibrk8NamHd47Gf.jpg

map-forza-horizon.jpg

2d485644.jpg
Holy crap if thats correct then it is MUCH MUCH smaller than even I anticipated. It cant be THAT small. :crazy:
I thought it would at least be the size of Burnout Paradise which I think was 200 sq miles. If its only 63 square miles then its seriously laughable compared to any other open world racing game. I knew this would be a beta but wow. :lol:

Maybe this is only the part of the map that they show in the beginning and later it opens up a whole new section?

I can't believe that representation of Colorado is only the size of my city and a bit of the surrounding countryside. It's pretty laughable, and just doesn't seem plausible. The freeway is going to be roughly <10 miles, yet occupies most of the western side of the map? Wow, this isn't particularly ambitious if so.

Burnout Paradise has 218 miles of roads, not a 200 square mile map. Sources say 26 square miles; the only one with 200 is that "Large Game Worlds" comparison that went around the internet. Criterion specifically announced that Hot Pursuit is 10.5 square miles (and "four times larger than Paradise City").

The Horizon measurements above are legit, because the interstate section highlighted in Carlos' post is 2 miles per the E3 gameplay video. But it should actually be two to three times the size of Burnout Paradise, and six times as big as Hot Pursuit apparently.

I just really hope you can get off road in between at quite a few places or this is going to seem a little samey quite quickly.

I am hoping the same thing too. Hopefully we can just drive offroad out into the woods or near the beach. We should be able to explore the ENTIRE map.

Especially in some of the off road specific vehicles, like the Ford SVT Raptor. I'm excited at the mere possibility of driving that truck in its natural habitat...:drool:

Well they did say if you can see it you can drive to it, so one can only assume you will be able to drive anywhere within reason.

Well they did say if you can see it you can drive to it, so one can only assume you will be able to drive anywhere within reason.
Yeah well they also said the map was huge. 64sq miles is far from huge. :lol:

Hopefully we can see some video of players driving off and exploring different areas of the map.

It won't be entirely open, but you'll be able to venture into the dirt and grass. One of the earliest videos had a section where the guy was tearing up a farm field.

Yeah well they also said the map was huge. 64sq miles is far from huge. :lol:

Hopefully we can see some video of players driving off and exploring different areas of the map.

LOL I love how you keep throwing that map disappointment in all the time now :D:D

Back