X1s

Why do kids drive the x1 then crash you?
You're looking at two types of crashes: There's the one where someone finds the car difficult to drive and accidentally bumps you, and then there's the idiot who thinks punting you off with a crazy-fast prototype is the funniest thing ever.
If you're host, always limit the Performance Points to keep the X1s away.

And I will note that not all X1 drivers are rammers either.

The x1 is a popular choice by rammers/crashers, since it's incredibly quick, and no other car can catch up to it. That makes it impossible to stop unless other players band together to block him in, or the host kicks the player.

On the other hand, there are players who race the x1 properly, and does whatever they can to prevent crashes when they close in on a slower car. Now, there will be crashes, but not intentional ones. I for one do takte the X1 for a spin in lobbies sometimes, but only if the host says yes, and I do take any measures I can to prevent ruining the race for others.

One golden rules for you all. If there is a guy who can prove that he can handle a x1, and you are for example in a track day room, give them room to pass. Swerving to hinder a faster car from passing is just postponing the invetable, and you will be the reason for the crash.

Heres an example I had a couple of days ago, in a "race for fun" lobby.

I joined in, and did some races in ordinary cars. The competition was fun, and I asked if I could take out the FGT, as I hadn't driven it online yet. The host allowed it, if I gave a 30 second head start to anyone not in open wheelers or x1. Sure, had a good race, won in the end as the FGT can close the 30 second gap pretty quick.

I then asked if the X1 would be allowed. I got the thumbs up, as long as I gave a 1 lap handicap (it was a 2 lap race at Bathurst). Sure enough, I speed off at the start (to prevent a pile up), and just go off course to let everyone by, before I return to the startline and ghost.

The 1st place passes me, and the race was on. I got the first lap done, and on the second lap, I managed to catch up to a Bentley speed 8. I had to lay back though the ascent, as the road is so narrow. Right before the chicane when the downhill starts, I got an opening, and went for it. He then went out of the ideal line, just to slam into me and go into the sand. I recovered quicker than him, and finished the race in 3rd (got past a couple more on the last big straght). He then starts calling me a rammer.

The host was good though, so he swapped into a x1 himself, and would race with me, to see that I wasn't ramming. The new race began, and I did a full clean race, no contact with anything. The blocker then wanted to keep on ranting, to the point he was booted. We then had a fun hour of racing, perfecting the handicap to get a close finish, and no other incidents between me and others.

TL;DR: Not all X1s are rammers, some drive clean.

the only good X1/X2 driver is the ones that go stay in front of my Mira giving it draft so they can see how fast it can go.

...that beat the X1 challenges (with Gold) and NEVER use the car online or ofline again!

I've had some fun in online practice mode vs another guy in an X1 setting lap times... Wouldn't want to race with them though, the reactions you need just cause crashes regardless of how good you are with it.

:lol:

I'm guilty of trying this once in GT5. I went into a room with guys using a mic so I wanted to see their reaction when I used an X10. It was worth it.

ah, im an authentic victim of this fascinating farce the last time i was tuning/time-trialing online in nordschleife @_@

Last edited:
Back