X2010 Challenge with DS3

  • Thread starter Thread starter energyracing
  • 24 comments
  • 3,331 views
Messages
66
Messages
FLYER_Z
OK, I just finished the final test of the Sebastien Vettel X2010 Challenge with my DS3 controller after probably 3 hours worth of game playing time. Doing this without a wheel of some sort is like a stress test that's been taken too far. I can't even imagine getting remotely close to silver on any of the tests, let alone gold. That car is amazing, but with a controller, you have to start turning for the next turn while you're in the previous turn! (Suzuka esses = h3ll on earth) But, anyone becoming discouraged with a DS3 that you can't get bronze, it can be done (barely, less than a tenth of a second on all I think). So good luck all with and without a wheel.
 
I got bronze by 0,01s on Monza, but also by 0,6s on Nürburgring, which is quite okay I think. Still working on Suzuka...it REALLY is hell on earth :O
 
Yeahh Suzuka was a pain to bronze, It probably took me more tries than Nurburgring and Monza combined :grumpy:
 
I'm glad to hear it can be done. I'm really struggling with this challenge but I'm not giving up anytime soon.
 
I've already spent over 3 hours just on Monza, only finished once and was 0.276 seconds too slow :mad:
It's just too hard for me to control the steering with the stick i think.
 
Yeah I managed to get bronze on Monza with my sixaxis by almost a second. I've got well over an hour into Nurburbring and I feel like its getting close. I don't even want to think about Suzuka right now.
 
Wow you're good op. I've spent 3 hours on monza alone, and still haven't even gotten bronze. The closest was like 3 tenths away. Can you tell me what your settings were, like traction control, srs and control button settings, cause right now i got everything on default, and just want to know if theres a better setting of controlling the x1.
 
You can easily get bronze, I got bronze by 0.5 on monza (1hr to do), then 0.1 on the other two (4hr nurburg 10h suzuka) but i know i can go 1-2s faster over 2 laps. And the reason it took so long is simply since I drove ridiculously aggressive to make sure i get the time when i did it - completed 2 laps once on monza, twice on the other two.

At the guy above, TC 1 ABS 1 skid recovery ON everything else OFF. Button settings is preference, automatic/manual is choice too.
 
Ok thanks for your advice stark. I lowered the traction to off, put skid recovery on, left abs on 1 and left everything off and i bronzed after 1hr1/2 on monza :D, finally lol. I tried nurburgring for an hour and was 2.5 seconds off from bronze.
I saw that lowering the tracion control allowed me to steer the car quicker, my TC was on 5 before.
 
I did the 1000k of suzuka with my x2010 last night to try and get used to it, after a while i was doing 1.10s- 1.11s which should be enough to do it, practice makes perfect :) Gonna give the special event a go tomorrow
 
You know that before one of the updates, to get bronze on all of them were extremely hard. They've made the times to get bronze slower by a massive amount. To get bronze before you had to get only 2 or 3 seconds slower than silver which was excruciatingly hard. I got it before the update but after the update came I was annoyed. It should be quite easy now. Well good luck:)
 
I just bronzed monza and suzuka with about 5 and 7 seconds to spare on each, that 1000k really paid off :) now for the nurburgring :nervous:
 
Bronze is easy to get now with the patch. Keeping the X2010 on the track itself is not.
 
Yeah i was more than quick enough, I was just finding it hard to keep it straight, got bronze now, 3s under bronze time :D
 
All you need is the right controller sensitivity setting. Then take more practice on those 3 tracks.
 
yeah im using the controller myself and find that ill prob have to buy 1 or 2 extra because its so frustrating
 
I did it with standard sensitivity, best thing to do is get one from b spec if you didnt have one from trading before the 1m barrier, then just practice, find a wide track but one with plenty of different turns so you can get used to it (or even make one on the course maker) then use tighter and tighterr tracks as you get more used to the car
 
Hologram777
yeah im using the controller myself and find that ill prob have to buy 1 or 2 extra because its so frustrating

Lol I can totally relate to that comment! My DS3 smashed quite spectacularly in a rage of frustration. Fortunately I had another but these challenges push you & the controller to it's limits. :(
 
Lol I can totally relate to that comment! My DS3 smashed quite spectacularly in a rage of frustration. Fortunately I had another but these challenges push you & the controller to it's limits. :(

true true, i almost smashed mine too :crazy: this challenge is getting on my nerves .. luckily I have 3 controllers, so i if smash one of them because of this stupid challenge its okay :sly: acutually its not okay ! this is killing me

i just bronzed monza, didnt take me long but nurburgring is a b*tch
havent tried suzuka yet but i guess its the hardest or not ?

and those who get golds ? no additional comments
 
i tried these but the car turns so fast that it just isnt for me. im sure one day ill sit down and relearn driving to get control of the X2010 but at the moment it just drives me crazy.
 
I got gold on all 3 with my DS3, and i have the replays in my PS3 nad videos on Youtube. If anyone want the replays i can send them via email and then you import to GT5 replay mode and you can watch them.
 
I managed about 1-2 seconds off silver on 'Ring and Monza on my first 2 full laps, although I only had a 2:19 on Suzuka, all with a DS3. I probably had the advantage first time around, because I had watched someone's gold attempt on Youtube, so my first impression of the car was to brake when you start turning. Honestly, the only hard thing about bronze to me is keeping your car on-track.
 
I bronzed all of them with no driving aids (for some reason I'm slightly slower with SRF on :crazy: ). On Monza if I can string together two clean laps I could gold it, but the other two I can't even get near silver.
 
I bronzed all of them with no driving aids (for some reason I'm slightly slower with SRF on :crazy: ). On Monza if I can string together two clean laps I could gold it, but the other two I can't even get near silver.

Yea Same here ....... It is almost RE-COCK-U-LESS.... FUN CAR WHEN YOUR DRUNK AND WANT TO DO SOME 2 player/split screen.... :crazy:
 
Back