X2014 Killed my G27

• Thread starter kenjib
  • 37 comments
@LERK84

You see the trend of you running FFB on max and having it replaced three times?

Yes obviously but when Logitech give me a new wheel for free when it breaks so long as its not over 3yr old I dont mind it breaking, I dont want my wheel to last 3 years or my warranty runs out. The longest 1 lasted just over 12 months.

@kenjib Even if you cant get a warranty replacement the "Not finding or losing centre of calibration" problem is an easy fix & would only cost a few $'s max you will only need to super-glue the optical encoder disc or buy a new brass disc. I super-glued 1 a year ago & its still working today.

@332i Hahaha that makes a lot more sense now,i think gt defaults all cars to the same 35 degree front wheel steering angle,which would in turn make all cars have the same rack ratio on 900*,but don't quote me on that :lol:

I have seen posts from others that have claimed their Logitech wheels broke after they increased the force feed back. I have a DFGT that is about four years old now. I use it several times a week and have never had an issue. Feedback is still at factory settings. Maybe not turn it up on your new wheel.

That's why I don't buy wheels, when a wheel breaks you have to spend hundreds of dollars for a good replacement wheel, I can spend just $50-60 on a new controller that will last me a year or two and if it breaks, it's not that expensive.
Sorry about your luck:guilty:

I have seen posts from others that have claimed their Logitech wheels broke after they increased the force feed back. I have a DFGT that is about four years old now. I use it several times a week and have never had an issue.
Your motors, encoder wheel, optical sensors, gears, etc. are not the same. Not comparable in terms of components that are notorious for breaking on each. Seems like DFGTs have a little better reliability, though. We also get different force feedback than DFGT users. I believe it would be amplified for us, so that the signal is strong enough to drive the fanatec motors as well.

That's why I don't buy wheels, when a wheel breaks you have to spend hundreds of dollars for a good replacement wheel, I can spend just $50-60 on a new controller that will last me a year or two and if it breaks, it's not that expensive.
Sorry about your luck:guilty:
This is kind of silly. You don't buy wheels, because a small amount ocassionally break? LOL ok. I smirk when I read things like this on here. OP did things he shouldn't with the wheel. That is why it broke. And then he'd receive another and do the same thing. If you can afford a wheel, buy a reliable one and don't over powder the motors/read about the FFB signals you're throwing at it, if you care about it. That is what people with wheels do, because it is not worth breaking one, because they didn't read about a signal and cranked it to 100%. That is the exact same concept in complete entirety as running stereo speakers at full tilt 100% and expect them not to ruin. The speakers get over powered. They'll be loud as sin, but next to no clarity, crackling, etc. When you over boost what a FFB motor can take, it maxes at full output. That's why you feel so much resistance. People may think it feels good...but that is not road or FFB resistance. The motors max out from merely turning turning the wheel. DFGT gets it's own signal. We don't. It is intended for two very different wheels, the other of which has a motor that can take the amplified signal that we g27 users cannot. Fanatec motors are far stronger. They can use higher settings as they can handle it. It is insane to run the same max FFB settings for a fanatec on a g27.

I use a wheel because it is so much more fun and it is good for any other simcade/sim. Using a controller on this sort of game at this point in it's development...idk, you may as well play action games on a ps3 with an NES controller, you know? Idk playing games like this with a controller just seem like a waste of money. I used to and can't believe how much more I like the GT series. Took a sebaticle for a while, but I've been racing a lot of GT and sims for the past year because of the wheel. Had it for years, broke it out one day and that was that. I take care of it. I use proper FFB and so on. G27s are the most cost effective wheel out there, too. I race with some guys on a nightly basis that consistently place in the top 100 for seasonal time trials. One of them uses a t500. The rest of us use G27s and have had them for a long time. Idk...somehow we manage not to bust them.

Don't take much away from a single story or account of a failure on the internet.

Back