Xbox Hardware Director Asks Why Fans Even Want to Know Console Specs Right Now

What other issue's where there?

I forget, it's not really the point though. We're consumers and we have concerns that need to be addressed prior to knowing where we are going to send our money. This pre-release spec info has historically had a drastic effect on the install base so it's silly for the hardware director to dismiss our unwillingness to wait for the PR cycle to tell use what's what.

I forget, it's not really the point though. We're consumers and we have concerns that need to be addressed prior to knowing where we are going to send our money. This pre-release spec info has historically had a drastic effect on the install base so it's silly for the hardware director to dismiss our unwillingness to wait for the PR cycle to tell use what's what.
I mean it seemed to go exactly along with your point - bringing up issues you had. I get what you mean, we're consumers, you're right - however, if you can't elaborate your concern I'm not sure why you'd state it like that. How are they supposed to address that if you don't bring it forth? The other bits don't really fit too much exclusively to Xbox as a whole, but to console gaming in general. One bit hasn't even been a thing for a good couple years, the Kinect.

Have we found out exactly what the guts are going to be comprised of for the PS5?

Last edited:
I mean it seemed to go exactly along with your point - bringing up issues you had. I get what you mean, we're consumers, you're right - however, if you can't elaborate your concern I'm not sure why you'd state it like that. How are they supposed to address that if you don't bring it forth? The other bits don't really fit too much exclusively to Xbox as a whole, but to console gaming in general. One bit hasn't even been a thing for a good couple years, the Kinect.

Have we found out exactly what the guts are going to be comprised of for the PS5?

Yeah, I just really have no desire to rehash a console war debate here.

My point is simple, a console is more akin to a toaster than a work of art or a narrative story. Give us them specs.

Yeah, I just really have no desire to rehash a console war debate here.

My point is simple, a console is more akin to a toaster than a work of art or a narrative story. Give us them specs.
There's no console war debate at all, I was discussing the points you literally made yourself. I never even mentioned anything in comparison to the PS5 other than asking if there's been any info on it.

What I'm asking is if we have any more information on any other future console? If not, than I don't understand how you're going to make it a point against the Xbox, or how you're going to compare what they're made out of, or their price points, if we don't have any information from both sides.

What I'm asking is if we have any more information on any other future console? If not, than I don't understand how you're going to make it a point against the Xbox, or how you're going to compare what they're made out of, or their price points, if we don't have any information from both sides.

As has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the last major console shift was Xbone to Ps4 which was heavily due to specs and pre-release console information. That's why it's a pertinent example. Rehashing that details of that history is pointless since it actually happened and that in of itself supports why this information is so crucial for both the consumer and the first party companies.

As has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the last major console shift was Xbone to Ps4 which was heavily due to specs and pre-release console information. That's why it's a pertinent example. Rehashing that details of that history is pointless since it actually happened and that in of itself supports why this information is so crucial for both the consumer and the first party companies.
That answers absolutely nothing and has nothing to do with my question and my point. It's like you didn't even read it.

Most of what you brought up in your original post has little to do with Xbox, and spans gaming in general really(sans the Kinect issue, which hasn't been an issue in 3+ years so I dont even understand why it was brought up.) I'm not sure why you currently not having any details as to what the Xbox is going to be made of is such an issue - you want the info so you can compare the consoles, how they work, and their price points. My question is what are you going to compare it to if we don't have that kind of information on anything yet?

That answers absolutely nothing and has nothing to do with my question and my point. It's like you didn't even read it.

Most of what you brought up in your original post has little to do with Xbox, and spans gaming in general really(sans the Kinect issue, which hasn't been an issue in 3+ years so I dont even understand why it was brought up.) I'm not sure why you currently not having any details as to what the Xbox is going to be made of is such an issue - you want the info so you can compare the consoles, how they work, and their price points. My question is what are you going to compare it to if we don't have that kind of information on anything yet?

Your issue is to compare. That's not mine. Leave me out of your petty console wars nonsense. I have better things to do.

Your issue is to compare. That's not mine. Leave me out of your petty console wars nonsense. I have better things to do.
We probably want specs and features so we can price compare,
No it's not, you literally said you wanted to compare. You're either lying if you're acting like you're not, or you just have terrible memory :lol:

You're literally not even replying to anything I've said at all, I'm going to chalk that down to a reading comprehension issue on your part. There's absolutely no one making a console war here, and if that's what you're getting from this I suggest going back and rereading what was written and actually take the time to try to understand what you're responding to.

You said you wanted to compare and you're upset because you don't have the exact specifications of the Xbox. Guess what, we don't have that for any console, so how exactly are you going to compare anything?

No it's not, you literally said you wanted to compare. You're either lying if you're acting like you're not, or you just have terrible memory :lol:

You're literally not even replying to anything I've said at all, I'm going to chalk that down to a reading comprehension issue on your part. There's absolutely no one making a console war here, and if that's what you're getting from this I suggest going back and rereading what was written and actually take the time to try to understand what you're responding to.

You're right. I'm not responding to your questions. It's sort of a free choice thing I have. It's fun, you should try it some time. Take it easy, there's no argument to be had here. Look somewhere else.

You're right. I'm not responding to your questions. It's sort of a free choice thing I have. It's fun, you should try it some time. Take it easy, there's no argument to be had here. Look somewhere else.
No one said you had to, but why continue on in a discussion if you don't want to actually discuss anything. Sounds absolutely ridiculous. Maybe try writing in a blog next time instead of public space.

Take what easy? You're responding to me so I'm responding to you, theres not much more than that going on. Except you're just avoiding what you yourself brought up for whatever reason. If I were you I'd at least try to understand what I'm responding to, but I guess we can't expect from others what we expect from ourselves all the time.

No one said you had to, but why continue on in a discussion if you don't want to actually discuss anything. Sounds absolutely ridiculous. Maybe try writing in a blog next time instead of public space.

Take what easy? You're responding to me so I'm responding to you, theres not much more than that going on. Except you're just avoiding what you yourself brought up for whatever reason. If I were you I'd at least try to understand what I'm responding to, but I guess we can't expect from others what we expect from ourselves all the time.
Maybe he thinks you're a Robot 💡

Last edited:
Back