Xbox Series X Games Showcase Coming July 23

boYsIFI.gif

I could not believe how bad the graphics on Halo looked, are they serious? It looks like a 360 game.

I don't buy the whole cartoony art style excuse either, especially when the prerendered stuff looks photorealistic.

Was definitely shocked that they would lead the whole Series X charge with THAT!

Last edited:
Is Halo the only cross gen first party announced? Everything else looks to be next gen only with no date mention.

Is Halo the only cross gen first party announced? Everything else looks to be next gen only with no date mention.

All upcoming Xbox games are cross gen. There are no Series X exclusives for at least the next 2 years.

Halo didn’t look great, but I’m not a big Halo fan. The graphics looked poor though, I expected them to pull all the stops for that.

I really wanted more information about the next Forza Motorsport. Disappointed we didn’t get any gameplay or further information about the game.

The Outter worlds expansion looks interesting, I like the base game so an expansion is good.

Avowed looks like an Elder Scrolls rip off, it could be good, but other than it looking very TES like we didn’t get much more. I am interested to learn more about this one.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is another one I’m interested in more info on too.

Overall I feel a bit like I did after the PS5 reveal, there wasn’t a lot that wowed me. I was disappointed with how little information we got about Forza and the lack of gameplay footage.

The actual gameplay footage we did see of the various other games didn’t blow me away.

Last edited:
All upcoming Xbox games are cross gen. There are no Series X exclusives for at least the next 2 years.

Most of them don't have "Xbox One" at the end of the screen or no "smart delivery" logo on it either. The "optimised for Series X" is quite pointless on it if those are next gen games.

Halo Infinite and Psyconauts do show "Xbox One" at the end screen:
11e8zVq.png

1yjWUZw.png

While the rest are just Series X and PC labeled on it, The Medium was confirmed to be Series X only back in the May show:

edl3Shf.png

epqoiW0.png

i1wgRG9.png

yZeyCYd.png

I'm guessing those are coming after the "2 years" of cross gen.

Last edited:
I'm guessing those are coming after the "2 years" of cross gen.

Quite possibly, but for anything launching in the next 2 years MS has on record stated there are no Series X exclusive games. Their labelling is all over the place at the moment so I wouldn't read too much into the use or lack of use of a particular one, it's still early days for many of these titles.

Quite possibly, but for anything launching in the next 2 years MS has on record stated there are no Series X exclusive games. Their labelling is all over the place at the moment so I wouldn't read too much into the use or lack of use of a particular one, it's still early days for many of these titles.

Does MS even has any other studio that could be working on something for this cross gen period? Coalition just finished Gears 5 last year and most of the dev team seem to be working on something next gen. I think only The Initiative we haven't heard or seen anything. That will be a very empty first 2 years even for cross gen period.

Also, MS themselves seems to be confused as well:

Does MS even has any other studio that could be working on something for this cross gen period? Coalition just finished Gears 5 last year and most of the dev team seem to be working on something next gen. I think only The Initiative we haven't heard or seen anything. That will be a very empty first 2 years even for cross gen period.

Also, MS themselves seems to be confused as well:

There is Flight Simulator and Age Of Empires IV.

I knew MS would even confuse themselves with all their labels and logos :lol:

Halo didn’t look great, but I’m not a big Halo fan. The graphics looked poor though, I expected them to pull all the stops for that.
Halo 5 looked really good, I can't imagine Inifinite looking worse. Chalk it up to early game-play or poorly recorded video, maybe? But I admit my first thought seeing it was hmm this should look better too...

There is Flight Simulator and Age Of Empires IV.

I knew MS would even confuse themselves with all their labels and logos :lol:

I doubt those 2 will be making things for consoles soon, those 2 games seems to be PC centric like Gears Tactics. AoE 4 is being made by Relic with a new MS studio support while Flight Simulator is from Asobo Studio that made A Plague Tale and Fuel back then.

Halo 5 looked really good, I can't imagine Inifinite looking worse. Chalk it up to early game-play or poorly recorded video, maybe? But I admit my first thought seeing it was hmm this should look better too...
Infinite should work at 60 fps on Xbox One, so there's no surprise its look worse. Footage looks like recorded on Xbox One X, not XSX.

Footage looks like recorded on Xbox One X, not XSX.
Are you sure, or just guessing? It would make zero sense to me for them to show footage from the inferior format in the first place, let alone to not advertise that fact if that were the case.

I dont think that next gen graphics are going to wow people like previous generational jumps have. Some games might make better use of higher resolutions and Ray Tracing, but those that don't might not look that much better than current gen games.

Footage looks like recorded on Xbox One X, not XSX.

Are you sure, or just guessing? It would make zero sense to me for them to show footage from the inferior format in the first place, let alone to not advertise that fact if that were the case.

It is not recorded on any Xbox but a PC that is as powerful as Series X: https://www.ign.com/articles/halo-infinite-gameplay-demo-early-work-in-progress-build

I think the visual is mostly due to the game still need to run on a Xbox One and there are some articles mention that what was shown is based on a very early build of the game.

I dont think that next gen graphics are going to wow people like previous generational jumps have. Some games might make better use of higher resolutions and Ray Tracing, but those that don't might not look that much better than current gen games.
Guessing. Most likely its One X level of detail powered by enthusiast level PC and XSX version still doesn't exist because of struggle with original One that cant maintain stable 60 fps.

For me, the games they showcased were pretty close to as exciting as the ones announced for PS5, but had no-where near as much wow factor in the presentation, and almost everything was either pre rendered or running on PC hardware.

Honestly, the PS5 has spent its time proving itself to be more visually and technically impressive than the xbox, despite being less technically powerful.

I think the whole Halo debacle is a big shame too... its quite obvious that 343 is trying to steer the game back in the visual direction of the original trilogy, and that is what die-hard fans have been screaming and begging for for almost a decade now. I think it currently looks like what Halo CE Remastered should have looked like, the spirit of the original is totally there, as opposed to the MCC rendition. But it honestly looks decidedly early-current-gen. Almost as if its being built in bungies’ original engine.

I feel bad for the devs, they probably went through hell to try to build an engine from the ground up to look like the original, and I honestly think they nailed it. It just needs quite a lot more time in the oven. Some of the character models and lighting especially, if you bumped the footage down to 720p they would look at home on a 360.

In fact, if you viewed halo 4 footage besides halo infinite at the same resolution, I honestly think halo 4 looks better.

Wait, did Sony showcase something that isn't prerendered in engine bullshots? AFAIK, only R&C:RA has actual gameplay.

Spiderman showed some gameplay. GT7 did. Returnal showed gameplay. We got gameplay shots (and gameplay cutscenes) of Demons Souls. Horizon was in engine.

That xbox event was so bad.. I was pretty interested in the new xbox back a couple months ago.. But I've completely disregarded it now. Thank god.. saved me quite a bit of money now that ti's turned out such a disaster. Rachet and Clank sold me on a PS5 alone... that was some next gen **** right there.

Latest Posts

Back