Xbox Series X Games Showcase Coming July 23

February 2021.

According to leaks from @IdleSloth84, the new Forza will resemble that of a reboot/reimagining of the mainline Forza series taking it back more so than ever to its sim roots.

Here's what the new game is rumoured to bring to it:

• New tire pressure model
  • Dynamic track temperatures
  • New atmosphere pressure system, affecting air density, dynamics and power
  • Redesigned suspension system with ned modeling
  • New ranked online system
  • New integrated online Ghosting System
  • Tracks have full day and night cycles depending on race length/track
  • Rubber in on tracks
  • New heat interaction with tire pressure
  • Expanded race capacity
  • Off-road racing on land or gravel
  • Rally races will also be present
  • Clubs Return
Cars
Recent rumours have made it clear there won't be hundreds of cars at launch, Turn 10 is supposedly targeting quality over quantity - focusing on car detail, track detail and much more.

Career Mode
Career Mode has reportedly had a full overhaul, @IdleSloth84 compares it to the Need For Speed story modes with character cinematics and a full-blown storyline.

It follows a Calendar event style (location to location) and a progression system like Forza Motorsport 4.

Speaking of games to be showcased. I'm hoping that Playground Games' new RPG that isn't-but-definitely-is Fable gets shown. They've subtly teased it for a few years, hopefully this is where we get that first real taste.
There's inside that it will be announced with in-engine trailer.

February 2021.

According to leaks from @IdleSloth84, the new Forza will resemble that of a reboot/reimagining of the mainline Forza series taking it back more so than ever to its sim roots.

Here's what the new game is rumoured to bring to it:

• New tire pressure model
  • Dynamic track temperatures
  • New atmosphere pressure system, affecting air density, dynamics and power
  • Redesigned suspension system with ned modeling
  • New ranked online system
  • New integrated online Ghosting System
  • Tracks have full day and night cycles depending on race length/track
  • Rubber in on tracks
  • New heat interaction with tire pressure
  • Expanded race capacity
  • Off-road racing on land or gravel
  • Rally races will also be present
  • Clubs Return
Cars
Recent rumours have made it clear there won't be hundreds of cars at launch, Turn 10 is supposedly targeting quality over quantity - focusing on car detail, track detail and much more.

Career Mode
Career Mode has reportedly had a full overhaul, @IdleSloth84 compares it to the Need For Speed story modes with character cinematics and a full-blown storyline.

It follows a Calendar event style (location to location) and a progression system like Forza Motorsport 4.

To be fair, not really leaks, 90% of that was known and spoken about by Turn10 last year.

I'm still confident Forza Motorsport 8 is going to be there. No reason for it not to, when we had Gran Turismo 7 show up at Sony's game show back in June. The people on Resetera has made some great points as well, which I heartily agree with. It's going to be there.

Anyways, I'm pumped for tomorrow! We gotta get that hype train ready!

I want Turn 10 Studios to maintain the amount of cars we have generated since Forza Motorsport 5. I know some from the previous games probably won't appear in Forza Motorsport 8 due to licensing issues, but I don't want to lose the variety and car amount.
Preach it man! 👍 I don't want to lose any cars we've gotten since FM5 as well. The amount of cars and variety it brings is what separates Forza from all the rest, making it special in its own way. With Toyota back in the franchise (alongside Lexus and Scion), T10 can enhance the car list even further!

But if it means improving the engine sounds and whatnot, I hope we can get a decent amount of cars with many returns and new cars (and tracks) post launch. T10 should balance the list between road cars and race cars. Like, have at least 400 to 500 for example.

I want Turn 10 Studios to maintain the amount of cars we have generated since Forza Motorsport 5. I know some from the previous games probably won't appear in Forza Motorsport 8 due to licensing issues, but I don't want to lose the variety and car amount.
Forza 7 by far had the best car roster in terms of variety and sheer numbers. Forza 4 had the best in terms of race and road cars and second most in terms of numbers. I wouldnt mind if they cut back a couple hundred cars but add some worthy motorsport cars and flesh out some of the divisions.

I can’t fathom them cutting down the car list to 400 & 500.

What’s going to be so different from the graphics we see now vs the XSX ?

if the graphics aren’t better then DRIVECLUB, it’s really pointless to cut a well diverse car list and piss off your fan-base.

Assuming that they still operate on the Forza Tech Engine, Do you really think it’s going to be anymore beautiful and better then FM7?. I understand Ray-Tracing, 4K-60FPS, and better optimization, but will it BLOW us out the park ?

I can only agree with the 400&500 cars if they don’t cut corners on the details going in the cars.

I doubt itwill blow us out the park , GT7 certainly didn't for me, just looked like a slightly better graphically gt sport

I'm happy if Live Gold ends. Charging for multiplayer is pretty 2005.

February 2021.

According to leaks from @IdleSloth84

The source you link isn't the source, it sounds made up but I hope the stuff about a new quality approach to cars holds true.

Do you not care about accuracy at all? I like the roster too, but they need to correct sounds, wheels and details on most new cars. All old models need to be laser scanned, it would be embarrassing to see those again. The longer they're kept, the more wasted work goes into adding new features to awful models too.

I'd hope they re-work general customization to be more than the ricer Forza wing, like along with new parts, making interiors and brake calipers colourable. It wouldn't take much to correct most of the scanned car models, so hundreds of cars should still be ready at launch, done properly.

Stream is underway. Bringing out the Halo guns right from the beginning.

Seeing people complaining about the graphics already. Worth bearing in mind this will probably be 4k 120fps HDR10+ and all the things youtube will struggle streaming.

Yeah even on my standard hd 1080p TV halo looks slicker and has better lighting. Ill end up getting that game owned each one since the beginning.

Seeing people complaining about the graphics already. Worth bearing in mind this will probably be 4k 120fps HDR10+ and all the things youtube will struggle streaming.
There also needs to be compromises in order for it to run on current XB1 systems too.

OK or maybe it'll be 60fps :D still I thought it looked really good.

Latest Posts

Back